AFL 2020 - AFL Round 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like you boys cleaned up with Rankine, nice work! Didn't do any AFL today cause the ponies killed me haha.

Rankine for rising star by the sounds of his performance. $5.50 on SB atm

Yep, King has drifted out to $3.25. Rankine was $15 in the rising star market pre-game. He's now into $5.50 on Sportsbet. He should get the nomination this week. If he plays another game like that, he will be outright favourite. I jumped on at the $5.50.

Few looks today

GWS $2 Pointsbet (win if lead at halftime hence why I took it here)
Greene 2G $2.75 Lads

Can't work out why Port are favourites. Hipwood, McStay and McInerney put their undersized defence to the sword, might be slipper today but Himmelberg in particular is a very smart player with deft touches, and Cameron and Finlayson are still able to get on the lead for a chest mark. Midfield advantage GWS. Charlie Dixon a very good wet weather forward but probably a bit too predictable today, Haynes should come across and kill the ball everytime it gets pumped long to Dixon.

Parker 25+ $2.60 Lads
Florent 20+ $1.87 Lads
Richmond -3.5 $2 Lads
Richmond $1.70 Pointsbet (same as GWS)
Castagna
1G - $1.67
2G - $4.50
3G - $15 (Sportsbet)

Tigers should still win. Still advantages all over the ground on paper. I think wet conditions helps a slippery forward like Castagna, long kicks to top of the square that go to ground, and he'll certainly have his head over the ball - crumbs and free kicks. Tigers don't tag and mids and wings pick up touches against them.

Dale
1G - $1.77
2G - $5
3G - $20 (Lads)
Schache
1G - $1.53 (B365)
2G - $2.75
3G - $7. 50 (Lads)

I think Carlton have the same issues around pressuring Dogs ball users and defending leads as North do. Carlton actually do OK on the high ball, but Dogs are quick to find space and have open free players to kick to leads. Bruce might turn these bets into turds if he gets on a few but I like the Dogs to share it around.

If Bailey Smith gets a disposal or fantasy line around about his average, I'll take the unders (week after a concussion - seems to occur reasonably often). Also if not down heaps closer to the game, will probably hammer Dogs on Pointsbet. They had a bad first 2 rounds but they're a class ahead of where we are at since.

Edit!: never mind about pointsbet, it's not applicable to Sunday games. Better odds elsewhere

Last edited:
Plays today:
Syd vs. Rich
Chol AGS $3.75 Lads
Martin u22 - $2.05 b365 (betting trend is against me here because of increased predicted mid mins but has a 3 game ave of 19.5 and should cop Clarke/Hewett tag in low poss, wet weather game)
Martin u20 - $3.15 b365
Higgins most disposals - $36 PB

GWS vs. Port
Whitfield most disposals $5.50 TAB (off the back of some tagging observations to other players above)
Finlayson 2+, 3+ - $3.75, $12 (from NonPhixion)
Lightnight strike twice SGM: Finlayson 4, Himmelberg 4 - $2001

Dogs vs. Blues
Mclean to Docherty
McLean AGS - $2.60
Docherty u22.5 $1.92
Tailing Dale GS from above
J. Martin 2+, 3+, 4+ - $6, $26, $101 (returned forward last fortnight)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Rozee in a multi @2 for ATG

To cheer the boys on.. @76
Port H2H
DBJ 15+
Perryman 15+
Wines 20+ (Boak will get the tag)
Whitfield 20+
Rozee ATG
Greene ATG
Gray 2+

Sutcliffe is a known tagger, who do people think he will go to?
If he tags today I have a feeling he might be following Greene around with Whitfield an outside chance. I can't see Sutcliffe in the midfield rotations so that will rule out Kelly. Looking back at the games he played last season and the potential players he could've tagged there wasn't a real standout shutdown game in terms of possessions of good opposition players.

Yep, King has drifted out to $3.25. Rankine was $15 in the rising star market pre-game. He's now into $5.50 on Sportsbet. He should get the nomination this week. If he plays another game like that, he will be outright favourite. I jumped on at the $5.50.
I saw him at $30s mid-week, very regretful not putting something on.

Nothing is really jumping out for me today. I like betting on goals/disposals but the weather radar isn't looking great for the Brisbane/Gold Coast area.

Just taking a couple of small bets for some interest. May add more later.
Port - GWS:
Hopper 15 or more
Rozee AGS
Game total under 124.5
boosted @ 7.40 (SB)

Toby Greene 2 or more
@ 2.40

both teams have plenty of motivation to win today. A Giants win mathematically could give them top spot by the end of this round but most importantly cement their position in The Top 4. And Port will want to win to keep top spot. Think as the season goes on, the better sides will play out more tighter affairs. Yesterdays' match between the Saints and Freo produced 152 points but I feel the surge in scoring came in the 1st quarter when the Saints thought they could just wallop the Dockers, and the 3rd quarter where Freo had to push the initiative and try to up the ante. I think todays game will be a tad slower scoring than yesterday.

1594518683866.png

Want to have a stab on Points again, like the look of 101-110 @ $7, 111-120 @ 6. If teams go all out helter skelter, over 170.5 paying odds of $23 , over 160.5 paying 9/1 which is too good to refuse.

im also finding a bit of a correlation, albeit small, between winning margins and Total points in a game. (R^2=0.042, or R= 0.2049 correlation coefficient). So it indicates to me that games that are lower scoring, generally are tighter. (Model shown below)

1594519367332.png

Last edited:
Houston over 65.5 fantasy sportsbet
82 and 81 in his last two and should hopefully see some more ball through the midfield today with Boak copping attention and Rocky out

interesting that 'finlayson 2g+ & himmelberg 2g+ @15.75 sb' has come off 2/5 games already this year.
not sure if i like it against port or not but interesting to know still.

1u sgm -rozee ags, finlayson 2g+, whitfield 15+ @9.25 sb
0.3u sgm -rozee ags, finlayson 2g+, marshall 2g+ @33 sb
1u sgm- rozee, westoff, ebert all ags, whitfield 15+ @7.30 lads

Got a chunk on the swans/tiges game so might leave as is. Not too much that stands out to me from the GWS/Port game.
2.5u Houston 15+, Coniglio 15+, Kelly 15+ $1,79 (lads)
2u Rozee AGS $1.91 (SB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back