hosking Blues
Darcy coll
Dugan coll
Collier melb
I’ll be bloody filthy if any of this costs us the No1 pick
TigermanM2 do you rate any of these

Hosking at Blues are twins. Both or one only?:

1596428005076.png

I would agree with the No1 pick comment. These girls are good, but I doubt any would make us Elite fast.

Read that the tigers expect to trade IN 4 players
hosking Blues
Darcy coll
Dugan coll
Collier melb

Sorry guys, been a bit absent for a variety of reasons.

I am a Sarah Hosking fan.
Was from the start.
Pick 15 sounds a bit high but lets not forget that this is a priority pick that has to be traded for ready made talent, it cant be taken to the draft so if Sarah is the best option then so be it. She will be good for us but it doesn't solve our issue with needing a bit more pace. Sarah isn't pacy.

Losing Grace Cambell to Nth is a real blow though.

Sarah at this stage she’s played every have since the start Jess played randomly

Jess came back from a knee reco and that's the only reason she hasn't played as many games. Is just as good if not a little better than Sarah IMO.

Read that the tigers expect to trade IN 4 players
hosking Blues
Darcy coll
Dugan coll
Collier melb

Really don't know a lot about the three linked to us.

Darcy is a 28 year old forward and I only remember her for her kicking report when she kicked Sarah Hosking funnily enough.

Harriet Cordner is a 28 year old defender and given we were totally relying on Monahan as our key defender might come in handy. A Cordiner so good bloodlines...probbaly not as good as Don but I saw David Cordiner play and I reckon she'd have him covered.

Darcy Dargan is described as a mid/forward. Only 21 and said to have a turn of pace and clean which is good. Rising star winner who seems to have a pretty solid track record pre AFLW. The bonus is that she is Tayla Harris's partner so recruiting could also be a strategic move. :)

Last edited:

Was from the start.
Pick 15 sounds a bit high but lets not forget that this is a priority pick that has to be traded for ready made talent, it cant be taken to the draft so if Sarah is the best option then so be it. She will be good for us but it doesn't solve our issue with needing a bit more pace. Sarah isn't pacy.

Good luck to GC more inclined to say she stood out a bit from a bloody bad lot ,, she has a dip and may continue to improve , don’t think she ll ever be a star

Pissed we lost Campbell. Basically moved sideways in acquiring Hosking and we gave up 28 draft places to do it.

Gave up our second, third and fourth round picks for Dargan, Cordner and D'Arcy. Can't help but think this is a massive misread of our list. We need more elite young youth, not more middle age bracket reliable players. Will make for a more watchable team next year but this is not a premiership build. Seems a sure path to sustained mediocrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gave up our second, third and fourth round picks for Dargan, Cordner and D'Arcy. Can't help but think this is a massive misread of our list. We need more elite young youth, not more middle age bracket reliable players. Will make for a more watchable team next year but this is not a premiership build. Seems a sure path to sustained mediocrity.
Yea nahhh , depth of AFLW draft is wafer thin, beyond first few , Rest are all the same. We couldn’t rely on r 234 picks to rebuild . Happy we kept pick 1 , combined with our trades we should Improve , hoping for an impact from sabs whose looking super fit

Yea nahhh , depth of AFLW draft is wafer thin, beyond first few , Rest are all the same. We couldn’t rely on r 234 picks to rebuild . Happy we kept pick 1 , combined with our trades we should Improve , hoping for an impact from sabs whose looking super fit

I imagine this year it’s even more of a raffle, given lack of exposed form. Let’s face it we need some more experienced support in the midfield to at least give the kids a chance to develop properly.

Was from the start.

great to have you back TigermanM2, really missed you
hope all is well with you and your family:)

A McKenzie/Smith this year and another next year (younger Prespakis could be as good or better than her sister) and the team will improve a bunch. Players such as Molan will become very good players by their 3rd year. By then the list cloggers will be identified and weeded out.

I think top 6 will be a reach for the Tigers in 2021 but it won't be a guaranteed 5 year stint at the bottom as happens with rebuilds and expansion in the men's comp.

A McKenzie/Smith this year and another next year (younger Prespakis could be as good or better than her sister) and the team will improve a bunch. Players such as Molan will become very good players by their 3rd year. By then the list cloggers will be identified and weeded out.

I think top 6 will be a reach for the Tigers in 2021 but it won't be a guaranteed 5 year stint at the bottom as happens with rebuilds and expansion in the men's comp.
No it’s a lot different to men’s . Draft generally 30 deep in AFL , women’s drops off after top 3 which means getya trades right , Blues went from wooden spoon one year to GF runners up the next . I reckon a decent coach will make the world of difference , don’t think we got best from KB , am hoping for bigger impact from Sabs , she’s already looking a heap fitter , that’ll make a difference for sure , way too much talent to waste not being able to get to contests

Remove this Banner Ad

Back