Competitions 2020 AFLW Player Sponsorship -8 Aileen Gilroy

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the men's we have sponsored an AFLW player previously. Last year we had Kaitlyn Ashmore who I had the pleasure of meeting at the season launch through this very competition and she is very lovely.

Due to the change over from Chadwiko to myself I'm not sure if we have missed the boat on this one, the season starts on Feb 8th but I will throw this out there to gauge interest and see if we can still get it happening.

Same drill as the men's, if you are interested please put in a pledge (try to keep it in mutiples of $50) and if we still have time I will get it all happening.

• One ticket to attend the AFLW Season Launch
  • One ticket to attend the AFLW Best & Fairest event
  • Access to attend a pre-game coaches address with a member of the coaching staff and a non-selected player at a North home game
  • The ability to join the 2020 team photo
  • 2020 team-signed guernsey
  • Plus, much more!
Pledges

Luke72 -$100
G2G -$50
Giantroo -$50
Ferball -$50
Twinkletoes -$50
Sagitox -$50
Sopwiths North -$100
RobZombie -$50
Muttley45 -$50
Hsquid -$50
Egnimal v3 -$50
LuvTheKangas -$50
Jeanlucgoddard -$50
Caracas -$50

$800 Running total ($700 -goal reached) :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok people as per the men's, I have set up a bank account and you should have received a private message with details. I haven't received a deadline at this stage but as I like to get payments out of the way I have it there so you can pay at a time that suits you. There may come a time when I send out RobZombie to shake you down but that will come in due course. As payments come in I will put a line through your name in the pledge list so it should be easy to follow. If you think I have made a mistake please let me know. Cheers, and thanks to all that have jumped on board!

Ok guy's, due to the start of the season being so close I have chosen Aileen Gilroy as the player we are on this year. We could have got back on Kashy but time is against us and as RobZombie can attest Aileen looks like a real find. You can read about her here...

The good news is that we now also have access to the first of the player sponsor prizes, a double pass to the season launch Thursday, 6th Feburary @ the Melbourne Pavilion 135-137 Racecourse Rd, Kensington 6pm-9pm. So if you are onboard and want to go get in quick, I need to get names to the club by Friday. If you would like to enter put your name in the dedicated thread!

Thought you missed out! We have room for one more pledge, if there is heaps that want to jump on we will work something out. Cheers!

Last edited:
I got an email from Marc the guy who does the player sponsorship at the club, here is a quote from the email...

On a side note, I just spoke with Aileen Gilroy who was absolutely ecstatic that you chose to sponsor her. She is very excited to meet a few of your group at the Season Launch.

https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/565860/-a-dream-come-true-

That status was cemented as members of an online football forum, Bigfooty, pooled their money to sponsor her for the season, a gesture that came as a huge surprise to the Irishwoman.

“I was so shocked when they came up and told me they were sponsoring me,” she said.

“I was hoping that I’d do OK this year and then hopefully get re-signed for next year. To have people want to sponsor me… I’m so grateful and honored.”

:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back