Competitions 2020 AFLW Player Sponsorship -8 Aileen Gilroy

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it might be hard to write on fabric, I dunno
I don’t think it has anything to do with the material, more so the design of the signature Arden was referring to.

When I was a kid I remember spending hours creating mine and practicing for the future. It was so much fun! It just looks like the girls didn’t go through that phase at all.

Very simple signatures, but I don’t mind.

Not sure if we have to opt in, but if we are I’m opting in! 😉👍

I don’t think it has anything to do with the material, more so the design of the signature Arden was referring to.

When I was a kid I remember spending hours creating mine and practicing for the future. It was so much fun! It just looks like the girls didn’t go through that phase at all.

I think that they line up the required number of jumpers on a table and the players are meant to sign them all when they have a little time. Maybe doing 30-40 (I don’t know how many it is) you go with the easiest option.

I did the same as you as a teenager, I then changed it at some point in my 20’s to something more simple. I suspect most people are the same.

What the fu**?

Viv Saad, Aileen and Mia King have possibly the worst signatures I’ve ever seen.

Lol. It just goes to show. I was just about to comment on how good Aileen’s signature looked. It stands out beautifully and is easily identifiable. I always hated signatures that are illegible on footy jumpers. Aileen could get into calligraphy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Screenshot_2020-04-17-13-48-10-1.png

Screenshot_2020-04-17-13-47-53-1.png

Well done Caracas! I have PM’d you.
It sounds like the B&F prize will be extra tickets to the Syd (if the season goes ahead).

Thanks to everyone who has participated in this for season 2020. While the abrupt finish to the year was disappointing I reckon the games the girls did play were bloody great, and I’d just about take 7 men’s games at the minute.

I reckon we’ve been robbed of a premiership but hopefully it fires them up to go harder next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What the fu**?

Viv Saad, Aileen and Mia King have possibly the worst signatures I’ve ever seen.
I think it might be hard to write on fabric, I dunno
I think that they line up the required number of jumpers on a table and the players are meant to sign them all when they have a little time. Maybe doing 30-40 (I don’t know how many it is) you go with the easiest option.

I did the same as you as a teenager, I then changed it at some point in my 20’s to something more simple. I suspect most people are the same.
Lol. It just goes to show. I was just about to comment on how good Aileen’s signature looked. It stands out beautifully and is easily identifiable. I always hated signatures that are illegible on footy jumpers. Aileen could get into calligraphy.

I think Aileen is working at a level significantly above the teenager practicing signatures. The first hint is the lack of first name or even an initial. Second is the interesting choice of upper and lower case letters that seems to be random. It's not. Here's the answer to the riddle (and if you don't know who Kilroy was, then Google is your friend):

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 10.12.36 am.png
f10b3aa1d45d084.png

GaelicCat

Debutant
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2021 stats for Aileen from Womens.AFL stats

Club

Metres Gained 1st
Intercept Possessions 1st
Rebound 50's 1st
Kicks 4th
Tackles 4th
Contested Possessions 5th
Disposals 6th

Competition Wide

Intercept Possessions T7
Metres Gained 8

Disposal efficiency needs work but with her kick length looks like distance over accuracy is favoured.

2021 stats for Aileen from Womens.AFL stats

Club

Metres Gained 1st
Intercept Possessions 1st
Rebound 50's 1st
Kicks 4th
Tackles 4th
Contested Possessions 5th
Disposals 6th

Competition Wide

Intercept Possessions T7
Metres Gained 8

Disposal efficiency needs work but with her kick length looks like distance over accuracy is favoured.

On at least four occasions on Sunday, Aileen’s roosts completely changed the flow of play to North’s advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back