2020 AFLW R2 vs Carl (Sun 16 Feb 3.10pm @ Princess Park) 2 from 2 !! Coll 6.3 36 Carl 3.6 24

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree the standard and skills have improved but I would have liked one more year without the new teams as the pool of good players is still small.

We lost quite a few players the year before.

From what I have seen to date - Freemantle look like a really good team, next week will be a big test.

I agree the standard and skills have improved but I would have liked one more year without the new teams as the pool of good players is still small.

We lost quite a few players the year before.

From what I have seen to date - Freemantle look like a really good team, next week will be a big test.
From what I have seen the girls at least look competitive which is a vast improvement over the recent seasons,I think it started with VFLW and it looks like it is carrying into the AFLW season which is great news.

I do not know if the girls are fitter but their skill levels have definitely improved.

From what I have seen the girls at least look competitive which is a vast improvement over the recent seasons,I think it started with VFLW and it looks like it is carrying into the AFLW season which is great news.

I do not know if the girls are fitter but their skill levels have definitely improved.

Combination of things I think.

From the end of last season we only really lost Guttridge and Ross to the expansion clubs, McIntosh to retirement, and Kuys through FA. Conversely, we were able to add (of those who have played this season) Sheridan, Porter and O'Dea via drafting and Davey via trade. That's all a nett gain on what we've seen thus far and we've still got a couple of draftees we haven't seen in Bentvelzen and Roberts.

But for mine, the biggest changes came the year before. While we lost Duffin, Garner, Hope and King to the expansion clubs, Barden traded to Carlton, and Bernardi to GWS, we signed Rowe and Layton as rookies from other sports, and scooped up all of Allen, Cann, Butler, Shevlin, Alexander, Goulay, Membrey and Fowler in the draft. That built on the trade in of Lambert and drafting of Molloy, Brazill, Dargan and Stratton the previous year. These players have now had time in the system together and as a collective they all have better skills and better pace than those players they've replaced, as well as that greater experience together.

Last edited:

Carlton v Collingwood

10 Jaimee Lambert (COLL)
6 Grace Egan (CARL)
4 Chloe Molloy (COLL)
3 Stacey Livingstone (COLL)
3 Sarah D'Arcy (COLL)
2 Ashleigh Brazill (COLL)
2 Lauren Butler (COLL)

Leaderboard

20. Jaimee Lambert (COLL)
17. Kiara Bowers (FRE)
15. Jamie Stanton (GCFC)
12. Ebony Marinoff (ADEL)
11. Anne Hatchard (ADEL)
10. Emily Bates (BL)
10. Ellie Blackburn (WB)
10. Sophie Conway (BL)
10. Alicia Eva (GWS)
10. Jasmine Garner (NMFC)
10. Kate Hore (MELB)
10. Emma Kearney (NMFC)
10. Georgia Patrikios (STK)
10. Madison Prespakis (CARL)
10. Shelley Scott (MELB)
9. Sabreena Duffy (FRE)
9. Grace Egan (CARL)
9. Kate Lutkins (BL)
8. Jenna Bruton (NMFC)
8. Katie-Jayne Grieve (FRE)

Carlton v Collingwood

10 Jaimee Lambert (COLL)
6 Grace Egan (CARL)
4 Chloe Molloy (COLL)
3 Stacey Livingstone (COLL)
3 Sarah D'Arcy (COLL)
2 Ashleigh Brazill (COLL)
2 Lauren Butler (COLL)

Leaderboard

20. Jaimee Lambert (COLL)
17. Kiara Bowers (FRE)
15. Jamie Stanton (GCFC)
12. Ebony Marinoff (ADEL)
11. Anne Hatchard (ADEL)
10. Emily Bates (BL)
10. Ellie Blackburn (WB)
10. Sophie Conway (BL)
10. Alicia Eva (GWS)
10. Jasmine Garner (NMFC)
10. Kate Hore (MELB)
10. Emma Kearney (NMFC)
10. Georgia Patrikios (STK)
10. Madison Prespakis (CARL)
10. Shelley Scott (MELB)
9. Sabreena Duffy (FRE)
9. Grace Egan (CARL)
9. Kate Lutkins (BL)
8. Jenna Bruton (NMFC)
8. Katie-Jayne Grieve (FRE)

Stoked for Lambert , shes feisty on the field which i love. But really skillfull and stands out among the rest.

Could be in for a huge season !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back