2020 AFLW R4 vs Melb (Fri 28 Feb 5.35pm @ Marvel) - State of Origin bushfire appeal curtain raiser

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 AFLW R4 - COLLINGWOOD vs Melbourne

DATE:
Saturday 22nd February 2020
TICKETS: Ticketmaster

GATES OPEN:
FIRST BOUNCE:
5.35pm
WHERE: Marvel

(originally scheduled for 7.10pm at Victoria Park)

SCORES: AFLW match centre

SOCIAL MEDIA: twitter (CFC women's), Instagram (CFC women's)

BROADCASTS:
TV: Foxtel

STREAM: womens.afl (AFLW match centre), AFLW App (android, apple)

RADIO: Nil

CLUB INFO:

HEAD-2-HEAD:

2017: L (Coll 4.1 25 - Melb 7.2 44)
2018: W (Melb 3.6 24 - Coll 9.4 58)
2019: L (Coll 1.3 9 - Melb 3.8 26)

TEAMS:
Collingwood

Collingwood v Melbourne
2020 AFLW - Round Four
Friday 28 February, 5.45pm
Marvel Stadium

Collingwood
B:
9. Alana Porter, 12. Stacey Livingstone
HB: 23. Lauren Butler, 4. Sarah D’Arcy, 18. Ruby Schleicher
C: 7. Sarah Rowe, 25. Mikala Cann, 17. Steph Chiocci
HF: 46. Sarah Dargan, 10. Ash Brazill, 3. Brianna Davey
F: 1. Sharni Layton, 2. Chloe Molloy
R: 15. Erica Fowler, 8. Brit Bonnici, 6. Jordyn Allen.
Int: 14. Aishling Sheridan, 13. Jaimee Lambert, 22. Sophie Casey, 21. Jordan Membrey, 16. Katie Lynch

Emergencies: Hynes and Stratton.

In: Lynch.
Out: Stratton

Collingwood v Melbourne
2020 AFLW - Round Four
Marvel Stadium

Collingwood
B:
Int: 14. Aishling Sheridan, 13. Jaimee Lambert, 22. Sophie Casey, 21. Jordan Membrey, 16. Katie Lynch

Interesting positions. I can't imagine the girls will line up that way.

Reliably informed by our girls’ no. 1 fan Fearntastic, that Brittany Bonnici will play game 25 tonight. I believe she is the first of our girls to reach this milestone. Also indicates she has played every game since the team debuted in 2017?

Terrific player and congratulations to her.

Reliably informed by our girls’ no. 1 fan Fearntastic, that Brittany Bonnici will play game 25 tonight. I believe she is the first of our girls to reach this milestone. Also indicates she has played every game since the team debuted in 2017?

Terrific player and congratulations to her.

Does that qualify her for mother - son/daughter considerations?

Collingwood v Melbourne
2020 AFLW - Round Four
Marvel Stadium

Collingwood
B:

Unfortunate for Stratton but given the forward lines inability to capitalise on the general team dominance last week, I like that we've included another tall marking forward type.

Great to see Erin Phillips named for a return game. AFLW needs it's best players playing week-week.

Does that qualify her for mother - son/daughter considerations?

Not sure. In all seriousness, I think the qualification might be less stringent for the AFLW.

Do we automatically have access to all daughters of our former AFL players, or does the 100 game rule apply for girls too?

Not sure. In all seriousness, I think the qualification might be less stringent for the AFLW.

Do we automatically have access to all daughters of our former AFL players, or does the 100 game rule apply for girls too?
I was told it is only 1 game, but I'm not sure that is correct, it didn't sound right when I was told

I think it's still the 100 games for the progeny of the males footballers, just not sure about the females. At 8-10 games a season it is going to be less than 100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is 1 game. Ive seen that around a few times.

You'd imagine that'd be for the mother - daughter aspect only at this stage and I'm only assuming there's a mother - son element because there's a father - daughter capacity. Given the more mature age of some of the women who have played since year 1 it's not hard to imagine there'd be a few with older kids. Be interesting to watch how it plays out over the 10 or so years.

You'd imagine that'd be for the mother - daughter aspect only at this stage and I'm only assuming there's a mother - son element because there's a father - daughter capacity. Given the more mature age of some of the women who have played since year 1 it's not hard to imagine there'd be a few with older kids. Be interesting to watch how it plays out over the 10 or so years.

Definitely looking forward to how this plays out!

Game is being badly over umpired. It’s almost like they want to keep the footy moving and free from stoppages to increase scoring.

Shocking ones going both ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back