Game Day 2020 AFLW Rnd 6 - Richmond v St Kilda , Sat 14 Mar, RSEA Park 5.10pm Melb time

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I will be tiger trodden on here but I come in peace.
Just give the girls time and develop the talent they have and recruit and yes its sure as hell frustrating.Its not an overnight thing this will take time so be patient.
while we appreciate the positivity, there's plenty of seasoned footy watchers here, including all levels of AFLW, and what Richmond put onto the park today as a team was worse than I've ever seen which speaks to solidly systematic failures all across lines with no hope but to replace bunches of players to fix it, seemingly, after 7 rounds.

they're mostly either uncoachable or incompetent at following coaches orders. The coach couldn't even coach them to play that badly

Conti looked shattered walking off the ground, looked like she stormed off.
I feel for her. She tries her heart out week in and out and plays excellently, but instead of being a part of a solid win she is walking off the field with her side kicking 0 goals.

Well I will be tiger trodden on here but I come in peace.
Just give the girls time and develop the talent they have and recruit and yes its sure as frustrating.Its not an overnight thing this will take time so be patient.
I do appreciate the well-wishes. It's kind of you. However, we got destroyed and kept goalless and to the lowest AFLW score ever by a fellow expansion side. That shows we have really failed in our expansion into the competition and it will probably take a while for this to be rectified.

while we appreciate the positivity, there's plenty of seasoned footy watchers here, including all levels of AFLW, and what Richmond put onto the park today as a team was worse than I've ever seen which speaks to solidly systematic failures all across lines with no hope but to replace bunches of players to fix it, seemingly, after 7 rounds.

they're mostly either uncoachable or incompetent at following coaches orders. The coach couldn't even coach them to play that badly

Well k31th I really did not think to fix things after 7 rounds that would be insane.
This is a learning thing for the players and the club.
All I am saying it will take time and give it time.

Well k31th I really did not think to fix things after 7 rounds that would be insane.
This is a learning thing for the players and the club.
All I am saying it will take time and give it time.
oh yes... but things should be showing signs of improving... in fact they look worse as a team than in R1/R2 or so... as far as I can tell that's not a good sign for future chances of team improvements, especially this year. We'll be the first team to go winless in a season, for sure.

I do appreciate the well-wishes. It's kind of you. However, we got destroyed and kept goalless and to the lowest AFLW score ever by a fellow expansion side. That shows we have really failed in our expansion into the competition and it will probably take a while for this to be rectified.
All good happened to my team also and players fled to North.
Just all I am saying is give the girls time it will change.

Throw back to 1983-2010 Richmond with this woman's side.

Abysmal.

Frederick doesn't know what a second effort is. Doesn't even use her body to win contests, she plays like she's 90 pounds.

Conti is gonna leave us :( she's too good to be in our team.

Brennen loved being the poster companion of Cotchin, shouldnt be uttered in the same breathe as the great man.

Tom Hunter gets sacked this week, Kate Sheehan too, positions are untenable.

oh yes... but things should be showing signs of improving... in fact they look worse as a team than in R1/R2 or so... as far as I can tell that's not a good sign for future chances of team improvements, especially this year. We'll be the first team to go winless in a season, for sure.
But its your 1st year?
Collingwood won one game last year.
All good things will Improve Richmond will Improve.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But its your 1st year?
Collingwood won one game last year.
yes, Collingwood got stooged last year after the players you mentioned ran to North... that's acceptable... at least you had close matches and had a chance to win some of your games... Richmond don't come close to winning and the one time we scored reasonably the other team scored their record score.

Abysmal.

Frederick doesn't know what a second effort is. Doesn't even use her body to win contests, she plays like she's 90 pounds.

Brennen loved being the poster companion of Cotchin, shouldnt be uttered in the same breathe as the great man.

This shits just inexcusable, we've got too many passengers from our VFLW affiliate, many not up to ALFW standard, including the coaching & recruiting

yes, Collingwood got stooged last year after the players you mentioned ran to North... that's acceptable... at least you had close matches and had a chance to win some of your games... Richmond don't come close to winning and the one time we scored reasonably the other team scored their record score.
Fair call but don't right of these girls they try there best.
And that's all clubs there not full time and some travel amazing distances just to get to training and also hold down there job.

Abysmal.

No ones getting sacked but they should think on it for end of season. Being uncompetitive even against similarly experienced sides points to some serious flaws in team management and initial set up. Hardly any talent on the list and we let our best prospect go to Carlton in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benny needs to have a serious look at the Womens program. If we are serious are about fielding a side then we need to not just field a side to simply be part of equal rights because that's what it looks like to me. It's shambolic.

That was the fear of most of us. That it would be a complete waste of money which it is looking like. There’s been no positives from this whole thing and it damages our brand being associated with a team this poor.

For the record, I never wanted a Richmond side in this as the league is a money sink. We could of sat this out for another 5 years and joined when it turned a profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back