Women's Footy 2020 AFLW Season - the return of the Lionesses

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I thought all AFLW games were free entry anyway.
Sort of but some exceptions.
For some reason i thought away team AFL members had to pay in the double header's with men's Marsh series games.
But not so.

Price structure for this game from AFL article dated 31/1/2020

ROUND THREE: GOLD COAST v BRISBANE, Saturday, February 22 at Metricon Stadium

• An AFLW-Marsh Community Series double-header
  • AFL Members and Club (AFL or AFLW) Members:scan membership card for entry (subject to capacity), or upgrade membership to guarantee entry. Please refer to your club for more information.
  • Non-members:ticket purchase required.
  • Tickets on sale NOW through Ticketek
  • Tickets are subject to capacity
Ticket Prices

[TD valign="middle"] [/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]RESERVED SEAT[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]GENERAL ADMISSION[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Adult[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]$30.00[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]$20.00[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Concession[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]$25.00[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]$15.00[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Junior[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]$10.00[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]$0.00[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Family (2 adults, up to 4 juniors under 15)[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]$60.00[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]$40.00[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Adult Member Upgrade[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]$5.00[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Concession Member Upgrade[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Junior Member Upgrade[/TD]
[TD valign="middle"]$0.00[/TD]

The Zork

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don’t watch a lot of aflw - is this the normal standard of umpiring? This last quarters been poorly officiated.

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looks like tomorrow's game is going to have restricted entry numbers for some safety reason, but apparently you can guarantee a spot by reserving a car park or seat. Has anyone seen how to do this? The app, lions site and aflw site all indicate its free entry so don't have a link to ticketing

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looks like tomorrow's game is going to have restricted entry numbers for some safety reason, but apparently you can guarantee a spot by reserving a car park or seat. Has anyone seen how to do this? The app, lions site and aflw site all indicate its free entry so don't have a link to ticketing
That's a standard Club e-mail to members with the heading"are you game ready" the Club sends out for each home game.
In 2019 they had a good Hickey Park estimated crowd of 4227. Was there and they could have got more in maybe another 700 odd.

The first game this year the estimate was 3002. Also attended and was heaps of spare room.
Admittedly rain was expected that day and did come for about 35 minutes.

If you get to the ground 30 minutes before kickoff you won't have any issues in my opinion.

If you can't find the Clubs e-mail, below is a Hickey Park Map showing car park's etc.
You can book a car park for $10 online via this e-mail or find it something on the club website.
I believe car park 1 is free not sure about car park 2,3 & 4 but at least one of them will be the $10 cost.

Some one else may be able to advise about these car parks. I just park in the side streets.

Last attendance figure

1582953496233.png

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I just realised we're already halfway through the girls season. It's pretty ridiculous, it only just started. Would have been good if the afl had given them an appropriate full 13 game season, this is so short as to feel almost tokenistic

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a stupid decision. Cut this season short over the virus but the blokes start like normal? Way to send two completely differing messages out AFL.
I am imagining that they are only expecting to get 2-3 weeks of games underway before possibly quite a lengthy suspension of the season.
So they are wanting to get the Women’s season completely finished before then.

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat
I noticed Tom Morris has since deleted that Tweet might not be top 2. Looking at the Lions women’s Instagram story the women’s CEO said that don’t know yet if their in the finals their waiting on the fixture coming tomorrow.

2 very different situations
Is it? The AFLW is already playing with no crowd, there's less games to complete to finish the series out legitimately - and less games per round anyway, and if they're cutting games while the men's season starts this weekend then they already intended to run two leagues at the same time anyway.

If there's been no risk of coronavirus infection so far and there has been none deemed for the men, what makes it different for the women? The only thing I can think of is they still work day jobs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back