Women's Footy 2020 AFLW Season - the return of the Lionesses

Dlions

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If there's been no risk of coronavirus infection so far and there has been none deemed for the men, what makes it different for the women? The only thing I can think of is they still work day jobs?
No risk is not the reason why they are starting the Men’s season.
There is a very real risk that someone will contract the virus at some stage which is why it is now only a 17 game season.

jackess

Hall of Famer
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is it? The AFLW is already playing with no crowd, there's less games to complete to finish the series out legitimately - and less games per round anyway, and if they're cutting games while the men's season starts this weekend then they already intended to run two leagues at the same time anyway.

If there's been no risk of coronavirus infection so far and there has been none deemed for the men, what makes it different for the women? The only thing I can think of is they still work day jobs?
Money to charter flights, book hotel floors, etc.

And yeah day jobs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dlions

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
yup, just waiting for official announcement

If they were to play a similar finals series to the men, I reckon we will more than likely play Collingwood again.
Up here, maybe at Hickey Park again?
Or would they play it at a the Gabba?

MSB ROYS

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If they were to play a similar finals series to the men, I reckon we will more than likely play Collingwood again.
Up here, maybe at Hickey Park again?
Or would they play it at a the Gabba?
Imagine if we played at the GABBA without people! The girls would be so frustrated after our Gabba GF was sabotaged by Mitchell.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Don’t want to see it happen, but will be interesting* to see what happens if an AFLW player in a finals team tests positive.

*Interesting isn’t exactly the word I want, but can’t think of the appropriate word.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Section 5

Team Captain
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Imagine if we played at the GABBA without people! The girls would be so frustrated after our Gabba GF was sabotaged by Mitchell.
Cost of playing at Gabba would rule that out.
Just hope the girls can improve on last weeks effort
One thing we should have learned this year is anything is possible

Top Bottom