I'll kick things off with my pre season prediction

B: Rampe Andrews McGovern
HB: Sicily Davis Docherty
C: Whitfield Bont J Kelly
M: Natanui Cripps Danger
HF: Heeney Franklin De Goey
F: Greene T Lynch J Cameron
IC: Fyfe Martin Neale Yeo

At the moment I think this is the best side you could come up with.

Its about time Phil Davis got the recognition he deserves so hopefully he can put in another stellar year.
Natanui's biggest problem will be staying on the park so ruck spot could just be between Gawn and Grundy again.

My side is a bit midfielder heavy but that will change as the season goes on.

Its about time Phil Davis got the recognition he deserves so hopefully he can put in another stellar year.
Natanui's biggest problem will be staying on the park so ruck spot could just be between Gawn and Grundy again.

You have 0 small defenders in that side, can't see that many tall defenders being selected. Also don't see Docherty returning to pre-2017 levels this season.

Sicily is a good shout though, think with Frawley, Frost & Hartley all able to play KPD plus Patton, he'll be great as that intercept player.

Think guys like Saad, McCluggage, Ben Brown are all good chances this year. Franklin I don't think makes it, nor Natanui.

You have 0 small defenders in that side, can't see that many tall defenders being selected. Also don't see Docherty returning to pre-2017 levels this season.

Sicily is a good shout though, think with Frawley, Frost & Hartley all able to play KPD plus Patton, he'll be great as that intercept player.

Think guys like Saad, McCluggage, Ben Brown are all good chances this year. Franklin I don't think makes it, nor Natanui.
Yeah agree Franklin may not make it back.

I know they've had to play tall but Rampe, Sic and Doc are fine defenders of small-mid sized. I think they would do fine on Heeney, De Goey and Greene.

If that was the case Tom Stewart would be in the team. Dual AA (2018 & 2019). No reason why he wouldn't be in the team

And what's with Fyffe and Martin being on the I/c?

If that was the case Tom Stewart would be in the team. Dual AA (2018 & 2019). No reason why he wouldn't be in the team

And what's with Fyffe and Martin being on the I/c?
Yeah Stewart was the name I almost put in ahead of Rampe and Yeo.

Tipping Martin may have a bit of a premiership hangover and that Bont and Cripps will really go ahead of Fyfe this season.

Yeah agree Franklin may not make it back.

I know they've had to play tall but Rampe, Sic and Doc are fine defenders of small-mid sized. I think they would do fine on Heeney, De Goey and Greene.

Heeney, De Goey and Greene are all 6' and above pretty much, usually there's a least one 'small' at either end (e.g. Houli and Walters in 2019).

Interestingly Charlie Cameron is taller than I thought at ~ 183cm even though he's usually thought of as a small forward.

If Nic Nat gets AA honours. WC win the flag. That would mean our midfield will get first use the entire season.

Last edited:
If Nic Nat gets AA honours. WC win the flag. That would mean our midfield will get first use the entire season.
if he can be AA after 2 knee recos and 30 games in 3 years that would be a performance of Herculean proportions

FB: Dylan Grimes, Harris Andrews, Nick Vlastuin

HB: James Sicily, Phil Davis, Jack Crisp

C: Hugh McCluggage, Nat Fyfe, Lachie Whitfield

HF: Dustin Martin, Jeremy Cameron, Jordan De Goey

FF: Isaac Heeney, Tom Lynch, Charlie Cameron

R: Max Gawn, Marcus Bontempelli, Patrick Dangerfield

I: Dion Prestia, Nick Haynes, Michael Walters, Josh Dunkley

Seriouisly, how deluded are Carlton Fans. If you look at their board they also have Weitering a AA lock. Docherty? Hasn't played for two years but he gets a game over houli or Grimes. Grimes is the best defender in the league but doesn't get a look in? Is teague the coach?

team of crashers - i.e the players who weren't in last years side, but could make this years

Vlaustin - Talia - Saad
B.Smith (Ade) - Davis - Sicily
Shiel - Mitchell - McCluggage
Dusty - Darling - Greene
De Goey - Brown - Stephenson
Witts - Taranto - Hopper
Sheppard - Worpel - Stef Martin - Stringer

Seriouisly, how deluded are Carlton Fans. If you look at their board they also have Weitering a AA lock. Docherty? Hasn't played for two years but he gets a game over houli or Grimes. Grimes is the best defender in the league but doesn't get a look in? Is teague the coach?
Doc will have a better season than Houli and Grimes. Houli can do the attacking without the defending. Grimes can do the defending without the attacking. Doc can do both the attacking and defending.

Weitering and Teague aren't in my side so you are jumping at shadows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sicily, Heeney, Membrey, Alex Pearce, Saad and Brad Hill will probably be in the All-Australian team for the first time.

B: Tom Stewart, Harris Andrews, Adam Saad

HB: James Sicily, Alex Pearce, Shannon Hurn

C: Brad Hill, Tom Mitchell, Tim Kelly

HF: Dustin Martin, Jeremy Cameron, Tim Membrey

F: Michael Walters, Ben Brown, Charlie Cameron

R: Brodie Grundy, Nathan Fyfe, Patrick Cripps

INT: Lachie Neale, Josh Dunkley, Isaac Heeney, Stephen Coniglio

Sicily, Heeney, Membrey, Alex Pearce, Saad and Brad Hill will probably be in the All-Australian team for the first time.

B: Tom Stewart, Harris Andrews, Adam Saad

HB: James Sicily, Alex Pearce, Shannon Hurn

C: Brad Hill, Tom Mitchell, Tim Kelly

HF: Dustin Martin, Jeremy Cameron, Tim Membrey

F: Michael Walters, Ben Brown, Charlie Cameron

R: Brodie Grundy, Nathan Fyfe, Patrick Cripps

INT: Lachie Neale, Josh Dunkley, Isaac Heeney, Stephen Coniglio

Sadly I think Pearce will miss too many games at the start of the season. I do, however, think Luke Ryan will be a smokey for AA selection - maybe just the squad of 40 but I think he'll be there or thereabouts for most intercept marks across the AFL.

For what it's worth this is my entirely speculative AA team for 2020.

B: Tom Stewart, Phil Davis, Dylan Grimes

HB: Luke Ryan, James Sicily, Brad Sheppard

C: Hugh McCluggage, Patrick Cripps, Brad Hill

HF: Dustin Martin, Jeremy Cameron, Jordan De Goey

F: Michael Walters, Tom Lynch, Tom Papley

R: Max Gawn, Nat Fyfe, Marcus Bontempelli

INT: Josh Dunkley, Tim Kelly, Luke Shuey, Brodie Grundy

Doc will have a better season than Houli and Grimes. Houli can do the attacking without the defending. Grimes can do the defending without the attacking. Doc can do both the attacking and defending.

Weitering and Teague aren't in my side so you are jumping at shadows.

Ask around and see who ( other than delusional carlton supporters!) would take docherty this year over grimes and houli.

Houli was AA and has run second in two norm smith medals... docherty hasnt played for two years.

Ask around and see who ( other than delusional carlton supporters!) would take docherty this year over grimes and houli.

Houli was AA and has run second in two norm smith medals... docherty hasnt played for two years.
Houli is 32 this year. Won't be AA this year.

Ask around at the end of the season! Bookmark it.

If I was a Blues fan I would be happy just to see Doc play 15+ games and complete the season on the pitch rather than the treatment table. Pretty much the same hope that Freo fans have for Pearce, Hogan and S Hill.

These threads are stupid. Every poster just inserts their players into key positions. It's just another bigfooty biased wank...

....My all Australian team.
Plowman Jones Stewart
Docherty Weitering Simpson
Walsh Fyfe Hill
Dusty Curnow Cameron
McGovern McKay Jack Martin
Grundy Cripps Murphy

Dangerfield Heeney Silvagni Kemp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back