Club Mgmt. 2020 Annual Report: Profit of $1.2m, operating cash loss of $600k

Remove this Banner Ad

Without having given it much thought, I probably assumed the result would be much worse than this. I guess the AFL bore the brunt of the loss and will have paid all the hub costs. Stringer's snack food bill alone would have been a problem. Query if that impacts distributions to clubs.

Forgive my ignorance, please tell me how much the players salaries were reduced?
Players salaries are paid by the AFL and were reduced according to the agreements between the AFL and AFLPA.

From memory like 30% for 2020 when the season shutdown started.

3.5% in 2021 for those who were already contracted before covid but who are not contracted beyond 2021.

8.5% in 2021 for players contracted before covid and beyond 2021, but they can recoup 5% of the lost amount on later years of their contracts.

For those on new contracts it depends what’s in the contract.

Players salaries are paid by the AFL and were reduced according to the agreements between the AFL and AFLPA.

From memory like 30% for 2020 when the season shutdown started.

3.5% in 2021 for those who were already contracted before covid but who are not contracted beyond 2021.

8.5% in 2021 for players contracted before covid and beyond 2021, but they can recoup 5% of the lost amount on later years of their contracts.

For those on new contracts it depends what’s in the contract.
Thanks Lore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back