ACT 2020 Australian Capital Territory Election - October 17

Who are you voting for/would you vote for?

• Liberal Party of Australia (ACT Division)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify in post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Caesar resents a successful and educated populace, what else is new?
I like a successful and educated populace. You’d just have to be a fool to think that the preponderance of cozy government jobs isn’t a big factor in why the ACT votes so differently compared to most other successful and educated areas.

But like you said - what else is new?

Caesar resents a successful and educated populace, what else is new?
It's the same rationale that allows absolutely eyewatering government debt and the continued existence of Berejiklian is Premier, as long as the Libs do it, it's okay. But don't forget it's only the Labor supporters who are the party operatives here.

I like a successful and educated populace. You’d just have to be a fool to think that the preponderance of cozy government jobs isn’t a big factor in why the ACT votes so differently compared to most other successful and educated areas.

But like you said - what else is new?
I'd say the preponderance of entry-level jobs available across the ACT economy is a big factor in why the ACT votes so differently compared to most other successful and educated areas.

Last edited:
Analytics will be interedting to see here.

Weird voting trend.

Labor appear to have stayed stable while the liberals have taken a big hit on first preferences which on first look at the numbers seems to have gone to the Greens.

Normally the Greens steal votes from the ALP but this time it appears to have gone the other way.

Could this be the first sign of a new generation of voters?

Weird voting trend.

Labor appear to have stayed stable while the liberals have taken a big hit on first preferences which on first look at the numbers seems to have gone to the Greens.

Normally the Greens steal votes from the ALP but this time it appears to have gone the other way.

Or possibly Greens took votes from ALP, ALP took votes from Libs, giving the appearance of standing still. Difficult to tell without directly polling it.

Queensland should give a better clue in two weeks - should provide a few more metrics to test the theory if the Greens do well in Brisbane.

In Canberra at the moment, but not enrolled to vote here - the Hare-Clark electoral system gives me a headache. My admiration for Antony Green just went up a notch, the guy's election knowledge is incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird voting trend.

Yes, there's a slew of edicated, socially liberal fiscal conservatives out there that are put off by the dry libs (who currently run the show), but who do not want anything to do with the union movement.

I am wondering how the greens will evolve.

The demographic of the greens vote doesn't really line up with the traditional perception of them; its similar to ON, who are seen as a far right party but is made up mostly of just disenfranchised protes voters. Its not uncommon to see that when ON sheds votes in some places, the majority flow to the ALP. In the future we might see something similar with the greens and the LNP.

EkgCNbwU0AUy9GK

In Canberra at the moment, but not enrolled to vote here - the Hare-Clark electoral system gives me a headache. My admiration for Antony Green just went up a notch, the guy's election knowledge is incredible.
Hare-Clark is great, we just need to follow Tasmania and use Robson Rotation. Even easier to do with so much of the voting being electronic.

Back