2020 Bathurst 1000, championship finale

SVG had to win a Bathurst to be considered one of the " greats "
Now he has , as he always looked likely to.

As for Scotty , we couldn't have asked for a finer example of a " Champion ".
Humble , the guy's all class.

The new generation has finally arrived.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Waters will take the mantle from Scotty, reckon that's the last time we see him race here for a while.

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
Nah I think they lost it with the third safety car. Slade was only 2 laps away from his minimum when that happened. Ah well sh*t happens. SVG had a great race, he totally deserves it.
Taking nothing away from VG.
But that safety car is why the pits cost us. Coulthard had to stack while Slade stayed in the #17. Both were costly pit errors. DJR were running the gauntlet with Slade to begin with. Our pitting strategy didn’t fire for mine. With the cars being so even I would dare say it cost one of the two cars a podium finish. I don’t think they would have got past VG and his display in the wet was first class and set up his win.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yes, like Ambrose, lost to American racing. Good luck to him.
Think Coulthard can do better if given the number one seat.
He's young enough to come back at a good age of he wants.

Taking nothing away from VG.
But that safety car is why the pits cost us. Coulthard had to stack while Slade stayed in the #17. Both were costly pit errors. DJR were running the gauntlet with Slade to begin with. Our pitting strategy didn’t fire for mine. With the cars being so even I would dare say it cost one of the two cars a podium finish. I don’t think they would have got past VG and his display in the wet was first class and set up his win.
The Mountain made her choice mate.

If it wasn't DJR it would've been someone else , it was just their turn.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Feel Sorry for scotty. You can see the guilt in his face when. Last years victory is mentioned. He looks down in shame, nearly every time. All he wants to do is win one properly. His team boss put him in this position. Used him, exploited him.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Feel Sorry for scotty. You can see the guilt in his face when. Last years victory is mentioned. He looks down in shame, nearly every time. All he wants to do is win one properly. His team boss put him in this position. Used him, exploited him.
He may look down “in shame”, npbut then he proceeds to say that they did absolutely nothing wrong.
That he knows the victory is untainted.
Would be refreshing if he just said “lucky to win, will always treasure the win, but I understand that there is a cloud over the win.”
Would gather him massive respect.

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He may look down “in shame”, npbut then he proceeds to say that they did absolutely nothing wrong.
Would be refreshing if he just said “lucky to win, will always treasure the win, but I understand that there is a cloud over the win.”

No, all that will happen is critics will point and say 'see, even he thinks he shouldn't have kept the win.''

He lost the 2017 championship because of a pit lane speeding penalty that never happened, Supercars can’t prove that he did but the team can prove he didn’t. Should Whincup come out and say his title is tainted?

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
2 points.

He's paid to say that.

He has some self esteem left.

He's gonna stove that indy car..

Back