2021 Bendigo Football League

olly21

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2010
vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Tommy Horne back at Castlemaine. Maine are defiantly starting to gain traction now getting locals back from the MCDFNL. Will be much improved

AlburyE

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How many locals from Maine and Maryborough now play for other BFL teams?

O'Brien at Gisborne came directly from Castlemaine. Blake also at Gisborne is the son of a Castlemaine premiership player but I think came through Sandhurst thirds. He played in the Dragon's 2016 premiership team.

I suspect O'Brien and Matt Filo left out of sheer dispair the way the club was going. Both these guys have a strong family connection with the club and I am sure would be welcomed back with open arms.

olly21

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2010
vic
AFL Club
Essendon
O'Brien at Gisborne came directly from Castlemaine. Blake also at Gisborne is the son of a Castlemaine premiership player but I think came through Sandhurst thirds. He played in the Dragon's 2016 premiership team.

I suspect O'Brien and Matt Filo left out of sheer dispair the way the club was going. Both these guys have a strong family connection with the club and I am sure would be welcomed back with open arms.

correct me if I’m wrong but I think Jake O’Brien is from Melbourne and was a very high point player for them. Bailey Henderson is back to help out from Strath. Two big names in the region of Horne and Henderson, hopefully more follow and make Castlemaine successful again as it’s great for the region and league.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
correct me if I’m wrong but I think Jake O’Brien is from Melbourne and was a very high point player for them. Bailey Henderson is back to help out from Strath. Two big names in the region of Horne and Henderson, hopefully more follow and make Castlemaine successful again as it’s great for the region and league.

Is Kal Huntly going back also or has he changed his mind on that?

Back