2021 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Darley Football Netball Club are looking for new players for their under 19 boys team. Membership will be half price, socks and shorts provided. Training will be Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:15pm. If you are thinking of playing and want to be guaranteed a game please call club president Mark Shelly 0418 518 862

I didnt read te article what penalties have they copped? Staggering on a few fronts.

A suspended fine, reduction in player points (3 I think) and a reduction in their salary cap. Penalties to apply to the 2020 & 2021 seasons.

Notwithstanding this 'administration bungle', if I was a Flat supporter, the big issue to me would be why was so much being paid to players who delivered so little?

A suspended fine, reduction in player points (3 I think) and a reduction in their salary cap. Penalties to apply to the 2020 & 2021 seasons.

Notwithstanding this 'administration bungle', if I was a Flat supporter, the big issue to me would be why was so much being paid to players who delivered so little?
Greer and Boland who both would have been in their top bracket of paid players also missed 19 games between them.

Greer and Boland who both would have been in their top bracket of paid players also missed 19 games between them.

Yes from memory it was sometime into the season before Boland played a game. I hope they some value out of him this year as I think Dylan Klemm is a very talented player and a real loss to them.

Isn’t that the result of being down the bottom of the ladder for so long? To attract players to your club you have to pay more or else unless they have strong connections they will play else where in Bendigo. Also makes it hard to attract the right people as I think everyone has seen that football mercenaries prey on these clubs.

Isn’t that the result of being down the bottom of the ladder for so long? To attract players to your club you have to pay more or else unless they have strong connections they will play else where in Bendigo. Also makes it hard to attract the right people as I think everyone has seen that football mercenaries prey on these clubs.

Yes, good point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes from memory it was sometime into the season before Boland played a game. I hope they some value out of him this year as I think Dylan Klemm is a very talented player and a real loss to them.
Bolands gone

Yes Boland has moved on. Whilst I agree that struggling clubs may have to pay over the odds to attract recruits, clubs need to work within the rules. Clubs such as flat are often attracted to players with so called impressive football resumes but are not quality people. Too many clubs make this mistake and pay for it - flat certainly has a history in this space as seen by the continued lack of on field success.

Surely they knew they were going to go over after agreeing to terms with these players before a ball was bounced. You would hope whoever was on the committee has stood down. Wasn't that the point of getting bomber to coach to bring in quality players to play for a respected coach.

Are any of last year's recruits staying? Is Lanyon staying?
Surely flaz will have to play at 34, I think hes leadership would be required down back to teach and keep them competitive

Surely they knew they were going to go over after agreeing to terms with these players before a ball was bounced. You would hope whoever was on the committee has stood down. Wasn't that the point of getting bomber to coach to bring in quality players to play for a respected coach.

Surely flaz will have to play at 34, I think hes leadership would be required down back to teach and keep them competitive

Tough to make any inroads when mediocre players at the club who really haven’t achieved much demand and then receive massive overs to stay.

Some players at that joint have held the club to ransome

Ke

As I understand it all of the recruits are gone, Flats in big trouble. Yes there are rules that were broken and they need to be punished but on the other hand they self reported and struggled to win a game during the year. Some volunteer has made a mistake, like all footy clubs the work is left to too few. Hopefully Klemm can do better at North Bendigo, on the money he is rumoured to being paid he will want to.

What actually did Kangaroo Flat do.

Sorry been away and haven’t seen any papers and I’m a tight arse and won’t pay for the online as I normally buy the paper and sip my coffee over it

Ke
As I understand it all of the recruits are gone, Flats in big trouble. Yes there are rules that were broken and they need to be punished but on the other hand they self reported and struggled to win a game during the year. Some volunteer has made a mistake, like all footy clubs the work is left to too few. Hopefully Klemm can do better at North Bendigo, on the money he is rumoured to being paid he will want to.
Wonder if there are other Clubs around the local area have books that look fine on inspection but are pushing dollars under the table?

Wonder if there are other Clubs around the local area have books that look fine on inspection but are pushing dollars under the table?
There clearly is.

What an ignorant and self-righteous post. Do you know how hard it is for clubs in the bottom half of every league to match it against the top team who are invariably privileged by strong juniors?

To suggest the committee should stand down assumes that there are more volunteers waiting to take their spot. I don't know of footy club in Australia that has a waiting list for volunteers.

Yes, Flat stuffed up, but to have a post like this obviously shows you have no connection to a club and do not know how hard it is to run volunteer football clubs is a semi-professional environment.

What an ignorant and self-righteous post. Do you know how hard it is for clubs in the bottom half of every league to match it against the top team who are invariably privileged by strong juniors?

To suggest the committee should stand down assumes that there are more volunteers waiting to take their spot. I don't know of footy club in Australia that has a waiting list for volunteers.

Yes, Flat stuffed up, but to have a post like this obviously shows you have no connection to a club and do not know how hard it is to run volunteer football clubs is a semi-professional environment.

That's a pretty poor excuse. Yes its hard to find volunteers but if every other club around the area can manage why couldn't Kangaroo Flat?
Ignorance isn't bliss, its still ignorance, so best to read up the rules and then have a crack. No person involved at KF last year had any financial savvy? if the answer is NO then approach someone who does like every other club in country Victoria.

You quoted ignorant and self-righteous which is exactly the issue KF have just encountered as they have thought they either wont get caught or haven't managed it correctly. Salary cap last year $160K divided by every payment by 18 rounds and you have your cap. Whats hard about this?

I don't think anyone at KF that forms the committee has any other choice than to stick their hand up, state they collectively made a mistake and make sure it doesnt happen again. The committee has the right to know TPP per week and if they didnt ask or get this information then its up to them to follow through and find it out. Coach and Football manager usually front the committee at various times of the year and I think most people are amazed that the story coming out is "we didnt know".

Didn't flat win the thirds last year? That would suggest they have good juniors coming through.

As Gg rides again points out, every other club can manage in the state, why can't flat. It suggests that flat don't know what a semi-professional environment is for a footy club.

How many of the recruits are staying on that put them over?, Why isn't the premiership 3rds coach no longer involved in the club? How is this the sign of a well run club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back