2021 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nathan Horbury appointed new Senior Coach at South Bendigo - super player. Nearly joined them a few years ago when a Brady Childs was given the role but never came due to a protracted clearance dispute. Will be one of the competition's best players.

Stewart Crameri involved at Maryborough after returning to live in the town. Great get for the club who are really on the improve and very active in the recruiting market ATM. Coming from a long way back but in much better health than Castemaine and Kyneton who look like they may have lost a few due to money troubles.

Kangaroo Flat also very active and have opened the cheque book - been there many times using this approach with generally poor results - only time will tell.

Pat McKenna returning to Gisborne from Melbourne - great get for a club really progressing forward.

What is the reason why AFL CV are looking at another club on the eastern side of Bendigo - perhaps they should just focus on getting their own house in order as well as ironing out the problems in the league. The placement of a BFNL club in the northern part of the city would be a much better option IMO.

AFL CV are worried about the strength and numbers of juniors available to Strathfieldsaye

More bad news with Matt Filo pulling the pin and moving to Eaglehawk
I mean, a month ago the 2 filos were going to be heavily involved. Now ones gone and taken one of their best 1st year recruits, and another Filo off elsewhere too. It's either a shambles or there's been a blue

I mean, a month ago the 2 filos were going to be heavily involved. Now ones gone and taken one of their best 1st year recruits, and another Filo off elsewhere too. It's either a shambles or there's been a blue
With Hough involved it will be about Money for sure

Wheres monfries playing?
Haven't heard anything. But, here's some random speculation.
But I'm going to throw out there, randomly, Echuca United. Long bow, but it's where his boss Andrew Welsh (mate with coach) played this year, and have the coin getting Josh Mellington this year and committing to next year. Welsh injured himself and they come second so might be in the window and looking

Roota good player not great but would never hurt you. Loved picking up a stat running around the back of the ruckman

Back when I played against him when Tooleybuc was still just Tooleybuc and we were both youngsters he was terrific. Won his own ball, ran all day and was hard to stop. I’m 37 now so he’d have to be every bit of that now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d love to know how many finals he has played in..seems to find himself at real battling clubs
Seems to be injured a lot, if I remember rightly he was appointed Assistant Coach at the Flat but nicked off to the Bendigo Bombers before the start of the season where he hardly played a game. Thought it was fairly dumb of the Club to take him back again and was even more amazed when the Maine picked him up.

So if a player has played at a few or more Club's your Club should instantly put a line through them? Doesn't matter if they've conducted themself well at those Club's?.
I never said put a line through him, or implied he conducted himself poorly.
But I'd put him in the same category as the Pollock brothers. And like I said, if club's are willing to do it it's not really his fault. Make hay while the sun is shining..barely 🤷‍♂️

Those Kids that Won the 3rds Flag at Flat will need to be ready as it looks like they will have plenty of spots to fill. Don't look like they've fired a shot on the Recruiting side of things.

can shannon geary look after the storm for a few weeks if dazza wilson is appointed senior coach of benders 2020 inter-leag campaign he might have been in charge of the s'saye Magoos has SG but seniors is a different ball-game

can shannon geary look after the storm for a few weeks if dazza wilson is appointed senior coach of benders 2020 inter-leag campaign he might have been in charge of the s'saye Magoos has SG but seniors is a different ball-game
Wilson wouldn't drop his committments at Strath too Coach Interleague he may do both. Plus I'm sure Geary could stand on his own two feet if he ha d too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back