heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
If you were the next coach you still have a good group to work with. It’s just keeping them on the field with no serious injuries and maybe adding a bit of X factor to the middle.

The defense is pretty much set and it’s hard to see it being too much different to this unless a logue/duman goes out.

The midfield needs a bit of work. Especially if we loose the likes of b hill and Langdon but if we get some good picks in return we may be able to work out a good trade to add to the middle with a experienced guy or two and add a bit of youth.More skillful players to deliver inside 50/speed.

The forward line is shaping up well. Henry maybe be a bit of a surprise packet if we can nab him to add to the smalls we currently have. If anything some medium forwards is what we need.

In the ruck Darcy looks to be the number one guy with lobbe rotating as a ruck forward. I wouldn’t mind seeing us take a guy with a bit of experience in the trade period to help support Darcy and keep lobbe forward.

Ryan. Hamling. Wilson

Logue Pearce. Duman

Tucker. Brayshaw. S hill

Mundy Tabener. Lobbe

Maters Hogan. Walters

Darcy
Cerra
Fyfe

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Blakely's not bad.

And Dardy was our 3rd highest goal scorer which may count for something in the post-RBB era?

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Blakely's not bad.

And Dardy was our 3rd highest goal scorer which may count for something in the post-RBB era?
Blakely is a quality player and same with McCarthy it’s they just need to harden up
and act professional. Blakely has been more interested in surfing and mcarthy needs to to trim down and get fit. The president was quoted as saying We’ve got a process going through for senior coach and CEO of the organisation. But the players have got to harden up, too, and they have to be elite. We’ve got to be elite all the way through.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
If we were to keep Langdon and Hill I'd go

FB: Ryan, Hamling, Logue
HB: Wilson, Pearce, Hughes
C: S.Hill, Brayshaw, B.Hill
HF: Langdon, Hogan, Lobb
FF: Matera, Taberner, Walters
FOL: Darcy, Fyfe, Blakely
INT: Cerra, Mundy, Conca, McCarthy

If that doesn't happen

C: S.Hill, Brayshaw, Tucker
HF: Walters, Hogan, Mundy
FF: Matera, Taberner, Lobb
INT: Cerra, Switkowski, Conca, McCarthy

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Blakely is a quality player and same with McCarthy it’s they just need to harden up
and act professional. Blakely has been more interested in surfing and mcarthy needs to to trim down and get fit. The president was quoted as saying We’ve got a process going through for senior coach and CEO of the organisation. But the players have got to harden up, too, and they have to be elite. We’ve got to be elite all the way through.
you sound like my wife - surfing's not evil. Also, on that, I've surfed with Fyfe and Blakely and Blakely's the guy teabagging out the back on a softie. Fyfe (and Bhilly) take their surfing far more seriously, regardless of what the papers say, and it doesn't seem to affect their playing #leavesurfingalone

As for, "mccarthy needs to to trim down and get fit" - you have no idea how accurate your statement actually is. More than you're ever likely to know.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Key things for mine:
-getting the spine back together: AP, Hamling, Fyfe, Hogan, Taberner
-back 6 should be: AP, Hamling, Logue, Ryan, Wilson, Nyhuis/Free Agent??
-working out what to do with the tall forwards - we have a surplus of numbers but not of best 22 quality. Cox? McCarthy?
-giving consistently more midfield time to Brayshaw, Cerra, Blakely, and whoever else wants to grab it pre-season; hopefully keeping BHill, and/or getting good trade value for him.

I think with the new coach there needs to be a clear yes/no on a lot of fringe players:
-Cox
-McCarthy
-Conca
-Colyer
-Schultz
-Bewley
-Banfield
-Duman
-Hughes

with probably a 'no' for many of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
you sound like my wife - surfing's not evil. Also, on that, I've surfed with Fyfe and Blakely and Blakely's the guy teabagging out the back on a softie. Fyfe (and Bhilly) take their surfing far more seriously, regardless of what the papers say, and it doesn't seem to affect their playing #leavesurfingalone

As for, "mccarthy needs to to trim down and get fit" - you have no idea how accurate your statement actually is. More than you're ever likely to know.

You can have hobbies and all that outside footy. I’m not saying that surfing is a bad thing. However if your a professional athlete getting paid to play football you shouldn’t miss training to go have fun surfing. That’s not the sort of professionalism we need. I hope he has learned his lesson from all that. Mcarthy has been hit and miss and that has to be his fitness. You can’t say he looks like he is as fit as he possibly can be. He needs to get a personal trainer like a matera did last season throw up a few times get down skin folds etc

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Key things for mine:
-getting the spine back together: AP, Hamling, Fyfe, Hogan, Taberner
-back 6 should be: AP, Hamling, Logue, Ryan, Wilson, Nyhuis/Free Agent??
-working out what to do with the tall forwards - we have a surplus of numbers but not of best 22 quality. Cox? McCarthy?
-giving consistently more midfield time to Brayshaw, Cerra, Blakely, and whoever else wants to grab it pre-season; hopefully keeping BHill, and/or getting good trade value for him.

I think with the new coach there needs to be a clear yes/no on a lot of fringe players:
-Cox
-McCarthy
-Conca
-Colyer
-Schultz
-Bewley
-Banfield
-Duman
-Hughes

with probably a 'no' for many of them.
For me, the way I'd rank those players are

Cox (no)
McCarthy (yes)
Conca (yes)
Colyer (nope nope nope)
Schultz (maybe but unlikely)
Bewley (yes)
Banfield (no)
Duman (no)
Hughes (yes)

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ryan Hamling Logue
Wilson Pearce Blakely
S Hill Mundy Tucker
Hogan Lobb McCarthy
Henry Taberner Matera

Darcy Fyfe Walters

Brayshaw Cerra Conca TBA

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
HF: Walters, Hogan, Mundy
FF: Matera, Taberner, Lobb
INT: Cerra, Switkowski, Conca, McCarthy
I like this one. We'll trade in a few this year, so we can add them later. I also wonder how long we'll sit on Sturt and Valente (and Henry for that matter).
Just a couple of changes for me, but wouldn't go to war over it.

HF: Walters, Hogan, Sturt
FF: Matera, Lobb, Switkowski
FOL: Darcy, Fyfe, Mundy
INT: Cerra, Conca, McCarthy, Blakely

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
B: G.Logue/J.Hamling/L.Ryan
HB: N.Wilson/A.Pearce/R.Conca

C: S.Hill/C.Blakely/D.Tucker

HF: S.Sturt/M.Taberner/M.Walters
FF: B.Matera/R.Lobb/J.Hogan

RR: S.Darcy/N.Fyfe/A.Brayshaw

INT: A.Cerra/D.Mundy/S.Switkowski/J.Carter

EMG: S.Jones/L.Valente/B.Bewley/C.McCarthy

That's just going off what we have now and who will probably stay

Ideally we get a Kelly and maybe one of Acres/SPP as midfield depth. Shai Bolton and Liam Henry in the forward line definitely help too.

When Hill's not playing he could be replaced by a first round draftee such as Liam Henry/Jeremy Sharp/Dylan Stephens. Someone like Deven Robertson/Trent Rivers/Elijah Taylor/Harry Schoenberg/Miles Bergman could also make a push for round 1. While later on in the draft a mature ager like Ben Sokol/Luke Partington/Matthew Nunn can play a part

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Since this is a discussion and not just a "write down your favourite" team, some questions:

(1) Is Henry automatically in the 22? Is he in the 18?
(2) With Pearce, Wilson and Ryan back, is Logue in the best 22?
(3) How far out of the best 22 is Crowden?
(4) What are our top 3 talls down forward?
(5) Is Cox in the best 22? If not how far out is he?
(6) Are Valente or Sturt realistically a chance to be in the round 1 team?
(7) Where does Cerra likely play next year?
(8) Is Mundy a "Bench" player next year? does he stick to "one half" of the ground?
(9) What is the pecking order for Rucks, assuming they are all fit? Is Taberner and/or Dixon in that list?
(10) What position does Walters play next year?

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Since this is a discussion and not just a "write down your favourite" team, some questions:

(8) Is Mundy a "Bench" player next year? does he stick to "one half" of the ground?
(9) What is the pecking order for Rucks, assuming they are all fit? Is Taberner and/or Dixon in that list?
All very good questions. The pre season games/intra club games and training in general coming into the next season will be huge to watch it terms of how the new coach implements the new game plan and where the players are positioned. Looking forward to hearing the training reports leading up into the new season :) and having a better idea of who the coach rates too.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone’s 22 is structured up coming into the coming season once the trading and draft has been sorted out. Hoping we have a better structured midfield and forward half. If anything that is what will shape our finals chances.

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons

1. Depends on our outside stocks I'd have him 22. I rate the kid 7th on my draft board and I'd prefer him playing early than being stuck in the WAFL behind a Colyer.

2. I think there's a spot for Logue as that third tall. He had a great end to the year and as long as he has a good pre season then I don't see why he couldn't be

3. He had a pretty good end of the year but I think for most of his career he'll be fighting for a B22 spot. His size is an issue and with Valente and Sturt developing and the potential of Banners moving to the midfield, he'll probably have to wait

4. Hogan, Tabs and Lobb. Hogan added a lot more than just being a tall forward and moved around the ground a lot this year. Tabs once again looked great before injury and Lobb has an amazing contested mark but a shocking goal kick.

5. He's next in line but Dixon will come knocking as well

6. Sturt more so than Valente. Sturt with a full pre season could become a weapon. Valente a chance but would need a super strong pre season

7. I think whatever coach comes in will see him as a midfielder.

8. Mundy's last half of the year wasn't that great but he's a very important player for us. Ability to play in the forward line too shouldn't be overlooked

9. Darcy > Lobb > Jones > Meek. Tabs and Dixon as backups. Was really impressed by Jones and Meek was having a good year in the WAFL pre injury

10. High half forward imo. He's a freak but I would personally prefer him forward

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
(1) Is Henry automatically in the 22? Is he in the 18? Yes, if he has a good preseason
(2) With Pearce, Wilson and Ryan back, is Logue in the best 22? Yes, 3rd tall defender.
(3) How far out of the best 22 is Crowden? No, no, no
(4) What are our top 3 talls down forward? Hogan and Lobb only, no need for 3 talls.
(5) Is Cox in the best 22? If not how far out is he? No, but if Darcy or lobb gets injured he comes in.
(6) Are Valente or Sturt realistically a chance to be in the round 1 team? Yes, if they have a good preseason.
(7) Where does Cerra likely play next year? Midfield, resting on the forward flank.
(8) Is Mundy a "Bench" player next year? does he stick to "one half" of the ground? He should play a reduced number of games (10--15) , either forward or in the middle. A bit like Pav's last year
(9) What is the pecking order for Rucks, assuming they are all fit? Is Taberner and/or Dixon in that list? 1st ruck - Darcy, Lobb, Dixon. 2nd ruck - Lobb, Cox, Taberner, Dixon
(10) What position does Walters play next year? Forward flank, playing a bit in the middle.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
With both our wingers on the move, and with compensation its too hard to predict best 22. Especially who maybe
On the table, draft picks.
Last year we added Hogan, Lobb, Conca, Colyer, and who is to say that is on the cards again?
I think Langdon's run can be replaced from within, with Wilson, Hughes, Duman, etc. BHill will be a huge loss
though, and it's all or nothing with his brother.
I know many are dubious about our chances, but If we can fix our negatives off the field, I see much improvement
in our stocks.
The picks or players acquired is sure to paint Freo in a better light, and for me it feels similar to 2012, and was
A factor in Ross accessing our list, knew he had something to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back