Norm Smith Medallist
- Apr 16, 2014
- AFL Club
(1) Is Henry automatically in the 22? Is he in the 18?Since this is a discussion and not just a "write down your favourite" team, some questions:
Speed and Skill in the forward line, yes please. Should be treating him like Collingwood did with Stephenson. Same goes for Sturt
Walters - Hogan - Sturt
Henry - Taberner - Matera
Lobb as the 7th fwd off the bench (30% ruck - 40% fwd - 30% Bench)
(2) With Pearce, Wilson and Ryan back, is Logue in the best 22?
Yes. Hamling and Logue are both capable on playing talls and smalls.
(3) How far out of the best 22 is Crowden?
Depending on pre-season form I still think he's a way off.
(4) What are our top 3 talls down forward?
FF - Tabs
CHF - Hogan
Ruck/Fwd - Lobb (roating off the bench)
(5) Is Cox in the best 22? If not how far out is he?
The last two pre-seasons I've watched him during Peel scratch matches and I haven't been impressed with his application/desire. It's showed in the games he did get during this season. IMO he's miles out.
(6) Are Valente or Sturt realistically a chance to be in the round 1 team?
Sturt yes, Valente no. Valente has barely got on the park this year.
(7) Where does Cerra likely play next year?
Depending on fitness. Midfield rotating off the bench and hbf. (Midfield 50% - HBF 20% - Bench 30%) 3rd year in, we need to see if he's capable in the midfield.
(8) Is Mundy a "Bench" player next year? does he stick to "one half" of the ground?
Bryashaw, Cerra, Tucker and Blakely need to start stepping up their midfield minutes. So Mundy should almost be a bench player, rotating off the bench. He shouldn't be going near the fwdline this year. Unless Tabs, Hogan, Lobb and Dixon all go down.
(9) What is the pecking order for Rucks, assuming they are all fit? Is Taberner and/or Dixon in that list?
I still think we played our best when Lobb was our No1 ruck (GWS and Collingwood games). Another preseason into Darcy should really help with his mobility/agility/fitness though which is obviously he area of weakness.
(10) What position does Walters play next year?
Somewhat similar to this year, maybe a bit more forward (50% midfield - 30% fwd - 20% bench). Be silly to change what is clearly working.