heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Not exactly sure what condition ails SHill's quads/legs but in the interest of his longevity and availability would playing off the HBF instead of the wing be more beneficial to him? Less kms, less contested footy, etc. He's still going to have to kick which I believe is the issue but if we can't get that right we may as well just take him out back and be done with him.

Do we push him to try and get him to be the winger we need or just commit him to the slightly less taxing role in the backline and lockup our preferred back 6?

Logue - Hamling - Ryan
Wilson - A Pearce - SHill
I like this back 6 but I would like to see hill used more as a forward. If we can get him on the park. Bell said we are after run and carry half backs in the draft and trade period. Would be good if we got a ash or rivers in the draft to fill this spot.

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Wilson. Hamling. Ryan

Logue. Pearce. Rivers/ash

Cerra. Roberton. Tucker

Hogan. Tabener. Lobb

Walters. Fyfe. Matera

Darcy
Brayshaw
Mundy/kelly

Blakely ? Does he get traded
Henry
Conca
S Hill
Switkowski

After draft and trade period I see this as a team we can build upon. If we could get kelly or another quality mid in trade and free agency I see us worrying a few teams. Especially with this sort of Forward set up. Whoever gets the third string defender tall will likely get a bag.

Ash,rivers off half back with their run and carry

Roberton arguably the best west Australian
Midfielder in the draft in the middle.

Henry to come on and show a bit of X factor up forward.

Switkowski to be the tackling machine in the middle and forward.

If we get kelly it would make our clearances pretty darn good.

Do we trade blakely?

Not many people will have fyfe forward if any at all lol but i see it as where we can win a premiership in the long run. We just need to work on the middle and this draft and trade period is the perfect chance to do that.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Wilson. Hamling. Ryan

Cerra. Roberton. Tucker

Hogan. Tabener. Lobb

Walters. Fyfe. Matera

Darcy
Brayshaw
Mundy/kelly

Henry
Conca
S Hill
Switkowski

After draft and trade period I see this as a team we can build upon. If we could get kelly or another quality mid in trade and free agency I see us worrying a few teams. Especially with this sort of Forward set up. Whoever gets the third string defender tall will likely get a bag.

Do we trade blakely?

Not many people will have fyfe forward if any at all lol but i see it as where we can win a premiership in the long run. We just need to work on the middle and this draft and trade period is the perfect chance to do that.
Fyfe as our FF definitely left field (not a criticism, it's all food for thought), but the eye poppers for me is Cerra on the wing and an absolute rookie in the centre. Also, given you have spent both our 1st round picks we won't have Kelly, so Mundy is rolling through there. Yikes.

Heart Of Purple

All Australian
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wilson. Hamling. Ryan

Cerra. Roberton. Tucker

Hogan. Tabener. Lobb

Walters. Fyfe. Matera

Darcy
Brayshaw
Mundy/kelly

Henry
Conca
S Hill
Switkowski

Do we trade blakely?

Nothing wrong with Fyfe playing out of FF, but he starts in the midfield. Particularly if Taberner, Lobb and Hogan all start forward (we'd be way to slow with that set-up, Walters/Matera aren't quick).

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
sorry if not allowed to post in this thread. How far is Tom North from getting a gig? I thought he would have got a run when Neale left as he racked up the disposal in the juniors. Is he a real chance or fringe delisting?
North seemed pretty likely to debut this year but he didn't really have many impressive performances and in some ways was going backwards. He's definitely on the fringe of being delisted but I think and hope he can have a better year under JLo which means he can debut

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
sorry if not allowed to post in this thread. How far is Tom North from getting a gig? I thought he would have got a run when Neale left as he racked up the disposal in the juniors. Is he a real chance or fringe delisting?
Agree with what Bastyy said, but if your post is a cloaked enquiry about his availability as a trade, I would think he is gettable.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Supposing we lose Hill and gain Menadue:

B: Hughes, Hamling, Wilson

HB: Ryan, Pearce, Conca

C: Menadue, Fyfe, Colyer

HF: Mundy, Hogan, Walters

F: Matera, Taberner, Switta

R: Darcy, Blakely, Brayshaw

I: Cerra, Tucker, Duman, McCarthy

Crowden, Logue and Banfield unlucky. Maybe Lobb for McCarthy, but I feel like he's more of a Taberner or Darcy replacement.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Not convinced that Menadue gets selected ahead of Stephen Hill. Is he that good?

In all fairness I may have forgotten he exists. Menadue and Colyer would battle for a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
We're losing one of the best wingers and one of the best young wingers in the comp in this scenario from a midfield with little depth.

Options as I see it are two of:

1. Colyer finds form (didn't he play wing for Essendon?)

2. We draft Menadue and back his "elite running" to find consistency at AFL level

3. Hope Stephen Hill remains fit

4. See Bewley develop (I think he played wing before he was drafted)

5. See Giro develop

6. Move an inside mid like Brayshaw or Tucker

Good chance we'll be serving up trash.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
We're losing one of the best wingers and one of the best young wingers in the comp in this scenario from a midfield with little depth.

Options as I see it are two of:

1. Colyer finds form (didn't he play wing for Essendon?)

2. We draft Menadue and back his "elite running" to find consistency at AFL level

3. Hope Stephen Hill remains fit

4. See Bewley develop (I think he played wing before he was drafted)

5. See Giro develop

6. Move an inside mid like Brayshaw or Tucker

Good chance we'll be serving up trash.

Whilst I agree that whatever we have there will be difficulties (edit: unless B Hill stays) IMO the most likely replacement is that our first round top 10 pick will be a midfielder (most probably Deven Robertson or maybe Stephens if we are lucky) who will take up a position in the midfield for most games, with an existing forward (probably Walters) playing more midfield whilst Henry plays time as a forward.

The reality is we are not going to be taking a Sam Sturt type this year with our first, more an Andrew Brayshaw who is going to play all games because they already have the fitness to do so. I also think that Henry (barring injury) is roughly ready to go as a forward pocket / flank - like Cerra the year before he won't be pottering around the WAFL long and will probably be out of the seniors only for resting purposes.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Whilst I agree that whatever we have there will be difficulties (edit: unless B Hill stays) IMO the most likely replacement is that our first round top 10 pick will be a midfielder (most probably Deven Robertson or maybe Stephens if we are lucky) who will take up a position in the midfield for most games, with an existing forward (probably Walters) playing more midfield whilst Henry plays time as a forward.

The reality is we are not going to be taking a Sam Sturt type this year with our first, more an Andrew Brayshaw who is going to play all games because they already have the fitness to do so. I also think that Henry (barring injury) is roughly ready to go as a forward pocket / flank - like Cerra the year before he won't be pottering around the WAFL long and will probably be out of the seniors only for resting purposes.
Plus Sturt and Valente must be as likely to get an opportunity as any one we draft this year?

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

C: Tucker, Fyfe, BHill

HF: Lobb, Hogan, Walters

I: Cerra, Henry/Sturt, Valente, Mundy

Perhaps becoming a bit one paced.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

I: Cerra, Henry/Sturt, Valente, Mundy

Perhaps becoming a bit one paced.
Bhill or Shill?

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Sorry if an intrusion, but is there any update on Tom North?
He was contracted until 2019, has hardly played, and very highly rated at Eastern Ranges.
Wow wasn't expecting 2 posts in one page for this fella!

He's been solid but hasn't been impressive enough to break past Crowden/Banfield etc. He's gone backwards in some ways but could improve if he's still around next year.

He's meant to be uncontracted now but AFL didn't list him as OoC when they did their list of uncontracted players and there's been silence from Freo about him. I think he stays but might be redrafted onto the rookie list next year

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Edit my best 22 assuming Acres and Aish.

HB: Ryan, Pearce, Aish

C: Tucker, Fyfe, SHill

I: Cerra, Acres, Conca, Mundy

Not liking the interchange. Need Henry and Sturt to come in fast.

Last edited:

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Edit my best 22 assuming Acres and Aish.

HB: Ryan, Pearce, Aish

I: Cerra, Acres, Conca, Mundy

Not liking the interchange. Need Henry and Sturt to come in fast.
Who is BHill?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back