2020 best 22 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to say it but I get the feeling we may have kept Mundy on a season too long. Looking through the best 22’s he is taking games off of some kids.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think he’d be a good mentor and example to the kids, so there are pros and cons.

Interesting to see how he is used, I’d love to see him on a wing and free to use his foot skills. Just use him as a stoppage rotation a little each qtr.

FB: Hughes - Hamling - Duman
HB: Wilson - Logue - Ryan
C: Hill - Fyfe - Aish
HF: Walters - Cox - McCarthy
FF: Lobb - Hogan - Serong
FOLL: Darcy - Brayshaw - Tucker
INT: Conca - Henry - Blakely - Mundy

FB: Hughes - Hamling - Duman
HB: Wilson - Logue - Ryan
C: Hill - Fyfe - Aish
HF: Walters - Cox - McCarthy
FF: Lobb - Hogan - Serong
FOLL: Darcy - Brayshaw - Tucker
INT: Conca - Henry - Blakely - Mundy

I must have taken some misery pills this morning. That best 22 doesn’t look very strong.
Who is missing? Pearce(injured), Cerra, ...

It doesn’t matter I agree but we aren’t winning a premiership this year. I’m predicting a mid year retirement

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
of course we aren't winning a premiership this year :cool: , but I reckon we are gunning for one in 2020. If we aren't, we are doing it wrong.

We need Sturt, Henry, Young and Serong to come on quick if we are to challenge in the next few years. But plenty of talent there to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Young is already better than Hughes and Duman, and it ain't even close imo. Has the strengths of both combined into one player and none of the weaknesses. Only advantage the two senior players have is experience and conditioning.

Young is already better than Hughes and Duman, and it ain't even close imo. Has the strengths of both combined into one player and none of the weaknesses. Only advantage the two senior players have is experience and conditioning.
Experience and conditioning are massive advantages though. Particularly if the side on the park should already be littered with youth and inexperience.

Young has shown some scary-good decision making so far. Plus the weapons to execute to a long range. The sooner they can get him in there the better I reckon.

Overall have massively good gut-feels on this draft haul and what they'll potentially bring.

The new guys showing their wares should send a message to any pre-existing players on the list to rapidly and forcefully extract digits, should they even suspect they have to. Stand still and you will be overtaken.

I know what you're getting at but he hasn't even played a league game yet. Riley Dunn looked good in the under 18's too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably true, but if Hughes went in hard at Young for the contested ball, you'd end up seeing Young at the end of next week.
Hughes is no Fyfe, but he puts his head over the ball!!

Probably true, but if Hughes went in hard at Young for the contested ball, you'd end up seeing Young at the end of next week.
If another team wheels out their babies then I would hope Hughes does go hard at them. Happens every year, and the club needs to manage a player's readiness to handle it. Natanui getting a hold of someone like Sturt with one of his smackdown tackles could get ugly. In fact our clubs first encounters with WC were full of that stuff, and we have dished it out too.

Hopefully Mundy kicks arse and the young guys get to play alongside his genius in near full flight.

Positioning is Mundy’s greatest asset.

He knows where to be, to influence the game. Let the whippersnappers feed off his play set ups.

A great linkman who defies time & motion. He still has the skills and nouse for one more season.

Its been one area of massive improvement in Ethan since he started with us. His level of commitment to the contest is first rate now and with his size and strength, he hits hard!

No doubt his kicking skills will improve with our focus this preseason, which just leaves the 1 or 2 brain farts per game.

FB: Logue, Hamling, Wilson
HB: Young, Pearce, Ryan
C: Hill, Brayshaw, Aish
HF: Serong, Hogan, Lobb
FF: Matera, Taberner, Henry
FOL: Darcy, Fyfe, Walters
INT: Mundy, Cerra, Tucker, Acres

We have to get games into the 1st rounders so, Young, Sering and Henry start.

Speed, our better kicks and strong hands get the nod for the rest. Hughes is next in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back