List Mgmt. 2020 Best 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully that is on the back of him proving he is deservedly in the Best 22 on current indicative form come Round 1......and not because he is given it automatically on past reputation
He’ll get in because he’s comfortably in our best 22 footballers.

There are always surprises and injuries that affect best 25. No doubt the Demon Kolo would be in their best 10 if fit and available, but concussions cruelled that possibility.
We will cop our fair share again, just the nature of this crazy but enticing sport. Already it appears our Kolo is behind the 8-ball, as is Duncan. So spots will always be up for grabs.
I really believe for the majority, best 25 is determined by the quality of their preseasons. Some are excused, like Selwood, Danger, Hawk and GAJ. But for all others I think it applies.

There are always surprises and injuries that affect best 25. No doubt the Demon Kolo would be in their best 10 if fit and available, but concussions cruelled that possibility.
We will cop our fair share again, just the nature of this crazy but enticing sport. Already it appears our Kolo is behind the 8-ball, as is Duncan. So spots will always be up for grabs.
I really believe for the majority, best 25 is determined by the quality of their preseasons. Some are excused, like Selwood, Danger, Hawk and GAJ. But for all others I think it applies.

Yep, bar a handful, everyone needs to prove they are in better form and condition than their teammate, upon which a Best 22 will become evident.

And that's who the MC should pick.

and the music plays on .... some fall behind and other stick up their hands ...

Given I've said all fit what two out of my back six do you leave out to play Tuohy and Bews?
Tuohy is one of our few defensive players with above average kicking skills and is still comfortably best 22 for mine when fit. Players being talked up in the preseason include O'Connor who have plenty of upside and clearly now best 22.

Bews is marginal and seems destined for the VFL to make way for the new talent such as O'Connor.

Tuohy is one of our few defensive players with above average kicking skills and is still comfortably best 22 for mine when fit. Players being talked up in the preseason include O'Connor who have plenty of upside and clearly now best 22.

Bews is marginal and seems destined for the VFL to make way for the new talent such as O'Connor.
Sometimes you need to abandon best 22 for team balance or you finish up with Blicavs on the wing just to squeeze in the extra defenders, we already have Clark on a wing who can go back,some think Cuthrie can play back,(not me)but they are entitled to their opinion,I'd rather go go with an extra two mids than shoehorning in two extra backs who may or not be best 22.By the way I like Touhy and Bews but don't have them as locks based on their 2019 seasons.And like underlay I expect they will be valuable assets to the team this coming season.

Last edited:
Sometimes you need to abandon best 22 for team balance or you finish up with Blicavs on the wing just to squeeze in the extra defenders, we already have Clark on a wing who can go back,some think Cuthrie can play back,(not me)but they are entitled to their opinion,I'd rather go go with an extra two mids than shoehorning in two extra backs who may or not be best 22.By the way I like Touhy and Bews but don't have them as locks based on their 2019 seasons.And like underlay I expect they will be valuable assets to the team this coming season.

Totally agree.

Tuohy was ordinary last season, and should now be required to prove that he is in good enough form and condition to be in the Best 22 come Round 1 this season.

He can't, shouldn't, be shoehorned into the side simply because the MC 'hope' he's back to his past best.

Totally agree.

Tuohy was ordinary last season, and should now be required to prove that he is in good enough form and condition to be in the Best 22 come Round 1 this season.

He can't, shouldn't, be shoehorned into the side simply because the MC 'hope' he's back to his past best.

If his kicking can return to form ..he will be picked imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blitz an auto selection .... ignition sequence starts ... 6,5,4 ....

As long as it's as our FB - any position that requires him to play predominant further up the ground needs to be scratched as an option

Blitz an auto selection .... ignition sequence starts ... 6,5,4 ....

As long as it's as our FB - any position that requires him to play predominant further up the ground needs to be scratched as an option
Auto selection every week until proven otherwise.

at least while CS is coach

Totally agree.

if Touhy's skin colour at early preseason is anything to go by he will play VFL! Must have spent his 8 weeks off on the "green Isle" under a rock. Pasty plus.

On a serious note............... if Touhy is squeezed out we are serious contenders.

if Touhy's skin colour at early preseason is anything to go by he will play VFL! Must have spent his 8 weeks off on the "green Isle" under a rock. Pasty plus.

On a serious note............... if Touhy is squeezed out we are serious contenders.
2e should be expecting a battle ..im not so worried about his skin tone more the tone of his attitude. If he brings hunger and good kicking action again .. he should get selected. If he brings all that ..and still is playing VFL... we will either be going really well or really sick. He is on his last year so he should be switched on..

2e should be expecting a battle ..im not so worried about his skin tone more the tone of his attitude. If he brings hunger and good kicking action again .. he should get selected. If he brings all that ..and still is playing VFL... we will either be going really well or really sick. He is on his last year so he should be switched on..
I didn't really expect any one to worry about skin tone! Maybe I should leave the humour to Max.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back