List Mgmt. 2020 Best 25

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
2020 Best 25 according to Champion Data (ranking in brackets)...

B: Stewart (17) Blicavs (9) Henry (16)
HB: C.Guthrie (15) Taylor (13) Tuohy (10)
C: Duncan (6) Steven (8) Menegola (5)
HF: Ablett (2) Hawkins (3) Dahlhaus (12)
F: Rohan (18) Jenkins (14) Parfitt (11)
Foll: Stanley (7) Dangerfield (1) Selwood (4)
Int: Kolodjashnij (20) O'Connor (22) Miers (19) Bews (21)
Emerg: Clark (25) Ratugolea (24) Atkins (23)
Not sure whether to like or laugh

When Stewart is the lowest ranked of our defenders on the field then surely eyebrows need to be raised

costanza23

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Alright, before any games get under way, I'll have a crack.

B: O'Connor, Blicavs, Henry
HB: Stewart, Taylor, Tuohy
C: Steven, Dangerfield, C. Guthrie
HF: Atkins, Jenkins, Dahlhaus
F: Miers, Hawkins, Rohan

R: Stanley, Duncan, Parfitt

Int: Ratugolea, Selwood, Ablett, Clark

Emg: Kolodjashnij, Menegola, Narkle and Bews

Reserves:

B: Bews, Kolodjashnij, Black #
HB: Z. Guthrie, Schlensog, Kennerley
C: Brownless, Constable, Parsons
HF: Menegola, Kreuger, Simpson
F: Tarca, Henderson, Cockatoo

R: Fort, Narkle, Fogarty

Int: De Koning, Jarvis, Stephens, Evans, Taheny, Close, Okunbor

- Ablett, Taylor and Selwood only play 15-18 H&A games each. Ease the reliance, get more games in the younger ones, and hopefully have them fresher later in the season.
- Kolodjashnij's hip injury, plus my belief he is behind Blicavs, Taylor, Stewart and Henry as a key/third-tall/sweeping half-back defender means he only plays in case of injury and regular Taylor rests. However, he is one of Scott's favourites, so unfortunately I see us going in with 8 defenders each week again like 2019.
- As Duncan briefly mentioned this week, he thinks he will play a bit more on-ball in 2020, and I hope so. 2019's joint on-ball pairing of Dangerfield's see ball-get ball-tonk ball approach and Kelly's smooth-moving and pin-point approach worked well for us. I'd like Duncan to be Kelly's on-ball replacement, as he should complement Dangerfield like Kelly did, and better than Steven, who is another see ball-get ball-tonk ball player. I recall Duncan having some really strong on-ball games in the mid-2010s before Dangerfield and Ablett joined us. I'd like to see Dangerfield and Steven get out of each other's way because of their similar approach to the game; one playing on-ball and the other deep forward, and switching them around within games.
- Even after all of these years, still unsure of C. Guthrie's best position for us, hence just being plonked on a wing. I'm sick of him being played as a part-time tagger. He's one that needs to be given a clear role. Wouldn't mind him tried as a defensive half-forward: loves to tackle, quick, good kick for goal. Possibly switch around with Atkins.
- I love Atkins' role in our team, but he has to hit the scoreboard twice as often as he did last year, unless he plays more midfield, and tagging (like he did in the twos).
- Parfitt frustrates me, as he's another Scott favourite. It bugs me that his previous number 3 wearer was made to toil away and earn his position in the VFL under Thompson (this period having a big influence on Bartel becoming a star). I know he's young and still developing, but he needs to be given one position and stick to it. I see similarities with Stokes, in that he's clever when close to goal, but can't kick over a jam tin and is not quick. For me, he's either a forward pocket or a defensively-minded on-baller. I wouldn't mind seeing him becoming our full-time tagger.
- I want us to try out the three-tall forward line, but really not sure it will work (as Rohan often played as the third-tall last year, which worked well for us when he was firing).
- Very concerned with our lack of a proper ruckman on the list. With Smith and Abbott gone, I don't see Stanley, Fort, Ratugolea or Jenkins as genuine ruckmen; they're all ruck-forwards, or forward-rucks. If they're going to go with Plan G, and put Blicavs in the ruck again, do it mid-year for an extended period of time, not in Round 22 again.
- Menegola, Narkle and Bews are unlucky to get in the Best 22, but as first emergencies, I see them still playing a lot of games in 2020.
- Constable, Simpson, Cockatoo and Fogarty should really be starring in the twos this year and putting pressure on the C. Guthrie, Rohan, Parfitt and Atkins types.

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
2020 Best 25 according to Champion Data (ranking in brackets)...

B: Stewart (17) Blicavs (9) Henry (16)
HB: C.Guthrie (15) Taylor (13) Tuohy (10)
C: Duncan (6) Steven (8) Menegola (5)
HF: Ablett (2) Hawkins (3) Dahlhaus (12)
F: Rohan (18) Jenkins (14) Parfitt (11)
Foll: Stanley (7) Dangerfield (1) Selwood (4)
Int: Kolodjashnij (20) O'Connor (22) Miers (19) Bews (21)
Emerg: Clark (25) Ratugolea (24) Atkins (23)
Feels pretty light on for midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

strauchnyy

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
My round 1 lineup - taking injuries into account but assume Duncan doesn’t get up

HB. Bews. Blicavs. Stewart
HB. Henry. Taylor. Clark
C. Guthrie. Danger. Touhy
Hf. Miers. Esava. Ablett
Ff. Close. Hawkins. Rohan
Foll. Stanley. Selwood. Narkle
Int. Jenkins. Parfitt. Dahl. Atkins

Emg. Menegola. Constable. Fogarty

Last edited:

winty

Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
My round 1 lineup - taking injuries into account but assume Duncan doesn’t get up

HB. Bews. Blicavs. Stewart
HB. Henry. Taylor. Clark
C. Guthrie. Danger. Touhy
Hf. Miers. Esava. Ablett
Ff. Close. Hawkins. Rohan
Foll. Stanley. Selwood. Narkle
Int. Jenkins. Selwood. Dahl. Atkins

Emg. Parfitt (unlucky). Menegola. Constable
Is Scott Selwood back at the club, or does Joel have a doppelganger? ;)

ashley12

WompingRins
Jul 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Dallas Cowboys
Hi guys. Long time listener first time caller.

What roles do you have pegged for Cam Guthrie and to a lesser extent Gryan Miers. In a deep and complex fantasy keeper league but the TL;DR is I can keep three out of four of

Guthrie (13th rnd)

Miers
Rowbottom (Syd)
Zurhaar (NM)
For a 26th.

So it's probably one of the two cats that have to go given Rowbottom/Zurhaar projections. Can keep players for up to 3 years at 2 rounds earlier each year (16 pol league max keep 8 DT scoring so effeciency irrelevant)

Do you guys think Miers can get midfield minutes the next few years, and is Guthrie a chance to end up in a back pocket anytime soon.

Thanks, and goodluck this year, you guys deserve another flag or GF for this era (not at our expense though :) )

David the Cat

Dec 7, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi guys. Long time listener first time caller.

What roles do you have pegged for Cam Guthrie and to a lesser extent Gryan Miers. In a deep and complex fantasy keeper league but the TL;DR is I can keep three out of four of

Guthrie (13th rnd)

Miers
Rowbottom (Syd)
Zurhaar (NM)
For a 26th.

So it's probably one of the two cats that have to go given Rowbottom/Zurhaar projections. Can keep players for up to 3 years at 2 rounds earlier each year (16 pol league max keep 8 DT scoring so effeciency irrelevant)

Do you guys think Miers can get midfield minutes the next few years, and is Guthrie a chance to end up in a back pocket anytime soon.

Thanks, and goodluck this year, you guys deserve another flag or GF for this era (not at our expense though :) )
Miers is a goer...huge tank and footy smarts in abundance. Already covers a lot of ground from his half forward position and well placed to develop his skills and get more midfield time..

I doubt there is one person on this Board who would suggest a Cam Guthrie move into a back pocket...little or no chance of that IMO...

Top Bottom