List Mgmt. 2020 Best 25

Remove this Banner Ad

I question the talent of both of them.

Both are average kicks, neither is particularly quick, and both are undersized for an AFL midfielder at 6'0 and 80kgs. The best thing they have going for them is their agility and that they are young. But I don't see either becoming elite players, they simply don't win enough inside ball for the positions they play.

You got any evidence about their pace or are you just blowing smoke?

Sorry for the intrusion. Just wondering if any Cats fans can answer this question?

On Kennerley. He should get a few games but not early in the season (even with Duncan out) IMO. He has done enough to be given his chance on the wing if Duncan does not return soonish and Duncans initial replacements replacement(s) are not producing.

Confidence can do wonders for kids and his effort last Marsh game in the second half was good. I hope Kennerley burns it up tomorrow and is selected round 1.

Sorry for the intrusion. Just wondering if any Cats fans can answer this question?

No intrusion...you're welcome....

I'd watch the last practice game and see how he goes. At this stage I wouldn't have him best 22, but a good performance Monday might change things.

A question for you...Brander in your side Round 1?

Best 25 (26 given the extra emergency now available) for mine after that game, is pretty set in stone now.

B: O'Connor, Blics, Henry
HB: Stewart, Taylor, Clark
C: Parfitt, Selwood, Duncan
FO: Stanley/Fort (who knows at this stage), Danger, Steven
HF: Dahl, Hawkins, Ablett
F: Miers, Ratugolea, Atkins
INT: Tuohy, Narkle, Menegola, Kolo

EMG: C. Guthrie, Rohan, Fort/Stanley, Jenkins

(Cockatoo obviously Best 22, but who knows if he'll ever see the light of day)

Best 25 (26 given the extra emergency now available) for mine after that game, is pretty set in stone now.

I like it but would like Miers a HFF flank if we had someone with his craftiness to take his spot when he does roam

To bad i don't see Guthrie/Rohan not being best 22 at their best they are but we know that doesn't all ways happen

That is my one wish this year in regards to selections if a player has 2 average/stinker games in a row i don't care who drop them for someone performing in the 2s e.g Sav kicks 1 goal in 2 games Jenkins kicks 3 bags in a row swap them

Menegola and Kolo out, Guthrie and Rohan in. I’d go with Fort over Stanley at this stage.

Makes me laugh when stupid Gary Lyon saying Ablett may struggle to be in the starting 22.. This bloke had a good season last year it wasn't until he was playing with a injury towards the end of the year he didn't play to his usual standard.

( but as well know he should of been rested more games through out the year, but he will be rested more this year)

I just don't understand how people get on Ablett back after he plays 1 or 2 below average games, his average games are still better than most.
You got to put your balls on the line if you want to write of one of the best to play the game.

Makes me laugh when stupid Gary Lyon saying Ablett may struggle to be in the starting 22.. This bloke had a good season last year it wasn't until he was playing with a injury towards the end of the year he didn't play to his usual standard.

( but as well know he should of been rested more games through out the year, but he will be rested more this year)

I just don't understand how people get on Ablett back after he plays 1 or 2 below average games, his average games are still better than most.
You got to put your balls on the line if you want to write of one of the best to play the game.
The only players who you'd be expecting to play their best in the pre-season comp are those new to the team and those on the fringe. Couldn't care less how players like Ablett, Dangerfield, Hawkins, Stewart etc perform, nor should anyone read too much into their performances. It's the ones like Zuthrie, Fort, Narkle, Parsons etc pushing for a spot in round 1 that you'd have a more accurate read on.

Projected lineup for Round 1:

FB: Tuohy ~ Blicavs ~ O’Connor
HB: Stewart ~ Taylor ~ Clark
C: Narkle ~ Selwood ~ C Guthrie
HF: Miers ~ Ratugolea ~ Dahlhaus
FF: Atkins ~ Hawkins ~ Ablett
R: Stanley ~ Dangerfield ~ Steven
INT: Parfitt ~ Henry ~ Menegola ~ Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eventually there is going to come a time when Ablett won’t be good enough and people have been tripping over themselves to call it. I think he’s the last man left from his draft class with good bloke Hodgey retired.

agree with basically everything here.

No bews though?
I think bews plays for menegola round 1. Like the idea of him playing on Daniels in round 1 and Clarke taking a wing.
Duncan if fit absolutely plays.

Kolo too when fit will put some pressure on Taylor, touhy and Henry.

Hopefully Jenkins, menegola, fort, constable, Kennerly start playing some good footy in the twos and put some pressure on for spots. Rohan, Stanley, Atkins all deserve to start and will have a chance to earn their spot. Go cats

Projected lineup for Round 1:

FB: Tuohy ~ Blicavs ~ O’Connor
HB: Stewart ~ Taylor ~ Clark
C: Narkle ~ Selwood ~ C Guthrie
HF: Miers ~ Ratugolea ~ Dahlhaus
FF: Atkins ~ Hawkins ~ Ablett
R: Stanley ~ Dangerfield ~ Steven
INT: Parfitt ~ Henry ~ Menegola ~ Rohan

The only players who you'd be expecting to play their best in the pre-season comp are those new to the team and those on the fringe. Couldn't care less how players like Ablett, Dangerfield, Hawkins, Stewart etc perform, nor should anyone read too much into their performances. It's the ones like Zuthrie, Fort, Narkle, Parsons etc pushing for a spot in round 1 that you'd have a more accurate read on.

Agreed.
The biggest issue for me coming out of the pre-season games (along with our crab like ball movement) was none of the fringe players really put there hands up for selection come round 1 or in fact in the early rounds.
Narkle showed a bit but he was best 22 come the end of last year.
Fort maybe. Showed a bit in the 1st half vs Ess and could line up rd 1, but that also has a lot to do with Stanley's average form.
Constable. Nope. For whatever reason ended up playing in the VFL practice match. Doesn't bode well for the early part of the season.
Zuthrie. Nope.
Parsons. If anything he's gone backwards.
Simpson. Nope. Should really be challenging the names above but is playing VFL practice matches.
Fogs. Injured.

Close, Kennerley, Stephens and a few others need time and it's unfair to pass judgement.
Jarvis has been talked about, but in all honesty considering his form in the VFL last year he's coming from a pretty low base.

best team in an injury free world
B O'Connor Blicavs Stewart
HB Henry Taylor Tuohy
C Clark Selwood Duncan
HF Miers Hawkins Parfitt
F Ablett Ratugolea Dahlhaus
Foll Stanley Steven Dangerfield
Int Cockatoo Kolodjashnij Narkle Atkins

Emg from : C.Guthrie Rohan Bews Menegola Jenkins Fort and a few of the kids (anyone's guess at this stage)

The names in red won't be there round 1 and i'd replace with C.Guthrie, Rohan, Menegola or Jenkins. Wouldn't be surprised to see Fort over Stanley as well

Last edited:
agree with basically everything here.

No bews though?
I think bews plays for menegola round 1. Like the idea of him playing on Daniels in round 1 and Clarke taking a wing.
Duncan if fit absolutely plays.

Kolo too when fit will put some pressure on Taylor, touhy and Henry.

Hopefully Jenkins, menegola, fort, constable, Kennerly start playing some good footy in the twos and put some pressure on for spots. Rohan, Stanley, Atkins all deserve to start and will have a chance to earn their spot. Go cats

Bews shouldn’t be anywhere near our best 22. I know he has his admirers as a “lock down” defender but that isn’t enough to overcome his shortcomings (poor decision maker and ball user).

I wouldn’t be surprised if Clark starts on a wing but we need his run from defence more, IMO.

I am working on the premise that Duncan and Kolodjashnij are unavailable. Both are in our best 22.

Agreed.
The biggest issue for me coming out of the pre-season games (along with our crab like ball movement) was none of the fringe players really put there hands up for selection come round 1 or in fact in the early rounds.
Fort maybe. Showed a bit in the 1st half vs Ess and could line up rd 1, but that also has a lot to do with Stanley's average form.
Constable. Nope. For whatever reason ended up playing in the VFL practice match. Doesn't bode well for the early part of the season.
Zuthrie. Nope.
Simpson. Nope. Should really be challenging the names above but is playing VFL practice matches.
Fogs. Injured.

Close, Kennerley, Stephens and a few others need time and it's unfair to pass judgement.
Jarvis has been talked about, but in all honesty considering his form in the VFL last year he's coming from a pretty low base.

best team in an injury free world
B O'Connor Blicavs Stewart
HB Henry Taylor Tuohy
C Clark Selwood Duncan
HF Miers Hawkins Parfitt
F Ablett Ratugolea Dahlhaus
Foll Stanley Steven Dangerfield
Int Cockatoo Kolodjashnij Narkle Atkins

Emg from : C.Guthrie Rohan Bews Menegola Jenkins Fort and a few of the kids (anyone's guess at this stage)

The names in red won't be there round 1 and i'd replace with C.Guthrie, Rohan, Menegola or Jenkins. Wouldn't be surprised to see Fort over Stanley as well
Agree with pretty much everything here. Can't get my head around why Constable wasn't at least given a half against Essendon over the likes of Parsons and Zuthrie, there's just no way they should be anywhere near the AFL side come the real season, yet Constable could, as he did last year, at least provide something. Bews tries hard but makes Tom Ruggles look elite by comparison.

I think in 12 months time a lot of the current fringe in Simpson, Zuthrie, Parsons etc will be overtaken by our 2018/2019 drafts - Jarvis, Kennerley, Brownless, Stephens, Evans, Taheny etc, at least that'd be the hope. Not to be rude but it's not that high of a bar to surpass.

I don't listen to Gary Lyon...honestly I dont think he has a clue...

Garry Lyon never got over Ablett senior knocking him out in the 80’s. Gazza pleases Guilty at the tribunal, but Lyon held a grudge like the bitch he is. He’s nothing but an opinionated lunch cutting jack who was a good player - but not a great one. I really hope one day someone gives him what he deserves for taking another mans wife.

Agreed.
Zuthrie. Nope.
Fogs. Injured.

I know we like to give Zuthrie a lot of s**t, haha, but I thought his game vs Essendon was the best he's ever had for us. Applied heaps of pressure, tackled and had some really good disposal. Honestly, him and Fort were two of the best, behind Danger, Narkle, Tuohy, Miers and Steven. Don't know how he'll hold up in a real game, but even compared to his first Marsh game, I see enough there to think that if he puts a few together, he could end up being decent on a wing eventually. 6 tackles and 7 marks, meant pressure and got into space a lot and provided an option.

I really have no idea on what our Best 22 team is now... I'm really confused about who I would select, I guess it would depend on opposition in some cases.

But my rough stab now:

FB: O'Connor, Blicavs, Henry
HB: Stewart, Taylor, Bews
C: Parfitt**, Menegola, Duncan***
HF: Dahlhaus, ?, Miers
F: Ablett*, Hawkins, Rohan
FO: Stanley, Guthrie, Dangerfield
INT: Tuohy***, Selwood, Steven**, Kolo

EMG: Ratugolea?, Henderson?, Jenkins?, Close*, Atkins*, Cockatoo*, Simpson**, Fogarty**, Narkle**, Clark***, Zuthrie.

I have Jack Steven in the team, but could easily be replaced by Simpson or Fogarty on form, Narkle slips behind them. Think Parfit stays in.

I think Close is very creative and don't mind him. Having Cockatoo in gives us more forward marking power, and means Dangerfield can go up the ground.

Depending on match-ups, we could play Henderson as a the Key Defender, enabling Blicavs to rotate in Defence and Ruck, whilst enabling Stanley to play Ruck and Full Forward, which would push out SavRat to Emergency; however, this could change on matchups. Particularly teams with strong Key Defenders, TomaHawk will need a permanent second key forward. We saw with an under-sized Port Adelaide defence, we could operate with one Key Forward. It wouldn't be that easy against Eagles, Tigers, Pies, etc - where we would need a 2nd Key Forward down there.

Clark comes straight in if we lose either Tuohy, Duncan or Guthrie.

Zuthrie is medium defender depth.

Just my thoughts for now. We have great depth except Ruck and Tomahawk. Though Jenkins will need some game time, we need him on point for back-up.

B: Bews, Blicavs, Henry
HB: Stewart, Taylor, O’Connor
C: Menegola, Parfitt, Duncan
HF: Miers, Rohan, Tuohy
F: Narkle, Hawkins, Ablett

Foll: Stanley, Dangerfield, Selwood

Int: C.Guthrie, Steven, Henderson, Fogarty

Emerg: Kolo etc

That’s how I have it atm. Tossed up between Kolo and Henderson for the one spot but settled on Henderson as he can go KP whilst Blicavs relieves Stanley in the ruck.

B: Bews, Blicavs, Henry
HB: Stewart, Taylor, O’Connor
C: Menegola, Parfitt, Duncan
HF: Miers, Rohan, Tuohy
F: Narkle, Hawkins, Ablett

Foll: Stanley, Dangerfield, Selwood

Int: C.Guthrie, Steven, Henderson, Fogarty

Emerg: Kolo etc

That’s how I have it atm. Tossed up between Kolo and Henderson for the one spot but settled on Henderson as he can go KP whilst Blicavs relieves Stanley in the ruck.

Guthrie off the bench?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back