List Mgmt. 2020 Best 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on Scott's presser today, your 'best 23' here (including both Hendo and Esava) looks like exactly where we are heading at this point. Then it could be match-ups that swing the final balance between the two.

And all of this before the spectre of injuries enters the equation...

Only other note would be that Atkins will definitely be in front of Close in the selection tussle, whether the majority of us here like it or not.

And this is the best 'best 25' we've been able to muster for quite some time. With some very handy players in the 26-32 bracket as well.

Relatively good signs for a club with a supposedly skewed list, as well as minimal depth.
Yes I don’t doubt that the MC has Atkins ahead of Close and they will probably find a way to have him in the 18/22 which makes me feel sick but I know it in my bones.

Yes I don’t doubt that the MC has Atkins ahead of Close and they will probably find a way to have him in the 18/22 which makes me feel sick but I know it in my bones.

I agree he's very likely to actually still be in the 22 by the time finals roll around. Looking at your list, though, I will feel incredibly disappointed for whoever he beats to their spot.

B: O'Connor Blitz Kolo
HB: Tuohy Taylor Stewart
C: Duncan Selwood Clark
HF: Ablett Ratugolea Dahlhaus
F: Rohan Hawkins Miers
R: Stanley Dangerfield Guthrie
I: Steven Henry Parfitt Menegola

Wouldn't have changed much since my post from December.

Bews in for Clark about all.

Still like Sav as a prospect long term but would be giving Jenkins a chance at this point in time.

I agree he's very likely to actually still be in the 22 by the time finals roll around. Looking at your list, though, I will feel incredibly disappointed for whoever he beats to their spot.
Yes, I really struggle to see who it could be. Of course an injury here or there and it makes it easier. But a full list and he has to push out someone like Dahlhaus or Miers.

B: Bews, Blicavs, Henry
HB: Stewart, Taylor, O’Connor
C: Menegola, Parfitt, Duncan
HF: Miers, Rohan, Tuohy
F: Narkle, Hawkins, Ablett

Foll: Stanley, Dangerfield, Selwood

Int: C.Guthrie, Steven, Henderson, Fogarty

Emerg: Kolo etc

That’s how I have it atm. Tossed up between Kolo and Henderson for the one spot but settled on Henderson as he can go KP whilst Blicavs relieves Stanley in the ruck.
Narkle and Fog do not get spots ahead of KOLO.
Our 2020 best player does not usually start on bench.

If we are to assume that Sav doesn’t force his way back into the Best 22, and there are no substantial injuries, (unless we play WC, in which case I think there is a strong case for Sav’s inclusion as a back-up ruck to Stanley against Nic Nat), then the only 2 players guaranteed to come back in are Selwood and Ablett. Who goes out?
Close obviously for Ablett
Who for Sel? Atkins, Steven or Parfitt?
Surely Atkins? Clearly he’s a tackling role player but not at the level he was in the first half of 2019 imo.
I don’t think Parfitt goes out as he’s close to elite as a pressure mid.
We could start Sel as a HFF and run him out of the square in spurts.
He’s a VERY reliable shot for goal when it counts. And his defensive pressure can’t be questioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I really struggle to see who it could be. Of course an injury here or there and it makes it easier. But a full list and he has to push out someone like Dahlhaus or Miers.

Despite all the outlandish selections that have gone on over the years, I really can't see him being picked over either of those two.

Still, if he is, I will have to reluctantly admit that melting of nuclear proportions will become entirely understandable and almost inevitable.

If everyone’s fit and available, I just don’t see the bolded below not being picked. that’s 22. So who out of the following us the ability to dislodge someone if they hit their best form? That’s the question.

Cockatoo?
Ratugolea?
Narkle?
Atkins?
Clark?
close?

1. Stanley
2. Tuohy
3. Parfitt
4. Ablett
5. Cockatoo
6. Clark
7. Taylor
8. Kolodjashnij
9. Steven
10. Jarvis
11. Jenkins
12. Stephens
13. Fogarty
14. Selwood
15. Krueger
16. De Koning
17. Ratugolea
18. Constable
19. Narkle
20. brownless
21. Kennerley
22. Duncan
23. Rohan
24. Bews
25. Henderson
26. Hawkins
27. Menegola
28. Fort
29. Guthrie
30. Atkins
31. Evans
32. Miers
33. Tarca
34. Parsons
35. Dangerfield
36. Schlensong
37. Simpson
38. Henry
39. Guthrie
40. Dahlhaus
41. Taheney
42. Oconnor
43. Okunbor
44. Stewart
45. Close
46. Blicavs

They play in completely different positions. I don’t want a team of defenders.

If we're not playing Sav then Blicavs has to play a lot of time in the ruck so Stanley can push forward as a 2nd target. Tuohy has played as a wing/half forward for most of this year and been really good too. So basically we'll be playing 7 defenders which is standard. Henderson, Taylor, Henry, Kolo, Stewart, O'Connor and Bews.

If we're not playing Sav then Blicavs has to play a lot of time in the ruck so Stanley can push forward as a 2nd target. Tuohy has played as a wing/half forward for most of this year and been really good too. So basically we'll be playing 7 defenders which is standard. Henderson, Taylor, Henry, Kolo, Stewart, O'Connor and Bews.

So much this

We need to stop looking at the abbreviation beside a players name, one that is based on a role/s played in previous season and use that to define their current role in the side, as it's simply not always true

I have no doubt that we'll see Tuohy & Blicavs pop up in the defensive 50 at times but it doesn't mean they are playing as a pure defender; rather that's based on team defence or the player taking it upon themselves to get back into a hole & help.

Across the season we've seen the likes of Miers & Hawkins getting possessions in defence - doesn't mean they are playing as a defender

If everyone’s fit and available, I just don’t see the bolded below not being picked. that’s 22. So who out of the following us the ability to dislodge someone if they hit their best form? That’s the question.

Cockatoo?
Ratugolea?
Narkle?
Atkins?
Clark?
close?

1. Stanley
2. Tuohy
3. Parfitt
4. Ablett
5. Cockatoo
6. Clark
7. Taylor
8. Kolodjashnij
9. Steven
10. Jarvis
11. Jenkins
12. Stephens
13. Fogarty
14. Selwood
15. Krueger
16. De Koning
17. Ratugolea
18. Constable
19. Narkle
20. brownless
21. Kennerley
22. Duncan
23. Rohan
24. Bews
25. Henderson
26. Hawkins
27. Menegola
28. Fort
29. Guthrie
30. Atkins
31. Evans
32. Miers
33. Tarca
34. Parsons
35. Dangerfield
36. Schlensong
37. Simpson
38. Henry
39. Guthrie
40. Dahlhaus
41. Taheney
42. Oconnor
43. Okunbor
44. Stewart
45. Close
46. Blicavs
I agree..BUT...does that team lack outside pace between the arcs? The kind of breakaway speed and explosiveness Clark and Cocky possess? Of course, then it comes down to who goes out, if anyone. Sophie's choice! Having said that, hard to imagine us getting through the next 6-8 weeks with no injuries or losses of form.

Cockatoo?
Ratugolea?
Narkle?
Atkins?
Clark?
close?

1. Stanley
2. Tuohy
3. Parfitt
4. Ablett
5. Cockatoo
6. Clark
7. Taylor
8. Kolodjashnij
9. Steven
10. Jarvis
11. Jenkins
12. Stephens
13. Fogarty
14. Selwood
15. Krueger
16. De Koning
17. Ratugolea
18. Constable
19. Narkle
20. brownless
21. Kennerley
22. Duncan
23. Rohan
24. Bews
25. Henderson
26. Hawkins
27. Menegola
28. Fort
29. Guthrie
30. Atkins
31. Evans
32. Miers
33. Tarca
34. Parsons
35. Dangerfield
36. Schlensong
37. Simpson
38. Henry
39. Guthrie
40. Dahlhaus
41. Taheney
42. Oconnor
43. Okunbor
44. Stewart
45. Close
46. Blicavs
That's clearly the 22, barring unavailability; the only issues arise if the MC believes Rata and/or Atkins are essential to the structure, either long-term or on a weekly horses for courses basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miers??? No way in the world...

Will be interesting to see what shape and condition GAJ comes back in.
He is an auto selection for us all, but....?
He will be fresh as a daisy and will carve out his eternal legacy with a flag finale.

😎

Miers will go out, he's form against the better sides is poor, he's a downhill skier, would rather Fogarty, narkle is better than steven, and they can't play Hendo and Harry together

O'Connor Blicavs Kolo
Stewart Taylor Bews
Duncan Dangerfield Menegola
Miers Hawkins Dahlaus
Cockatoo Rohan Ablett
Stanley Selwood Guthrie
Henry Steven Tuohy Parfitt
Narkle Jenkins Ratagolea

1.Miers will go out, he's form against the better sides is poor, he's a downhill skier, would rather Fogarty,2. narkle is better than steven, and 3.they can't play Hendo and Harry together
1. No Miers yesterday= we lose. Invaluable first 2 goals
2. Steven is significantly better than Narkle. Narkle has not yet even established a pedigree. Steven is building nicely.
3. They have, and we have only lost against WCE this year, iirc, when they have. And the loss was not because they played together.

1. No Miers yesterday= we lose. Invaluable first 2 goals
2. Steven is significantly better than Narkle. Narkle has not yet even established a pedigree. Steven is building nicely.
3. They have, and we have only lost against WCE this year, iirc, when they have. And the loss was not because they played together.

agreed. Without Henderson - who has been Very good - blicavs has to go back. And he’s almost AA in current wing/backup ruckman form. He’s been incredible. Sadly too many supporters have ideas that aren’t fluid. So they decide on a bloke and that’s it. No amount of form, a new role etc will change that opinion.

Miers will go out, he's form against the better sides is poor, he's a downhill skier, would rather Fogarty, narkle is better than steven, and they can't play Hendo and Harry together
Miers will be a handy goal scorer when Cocky and Ablett are added and he has the least accountablevdefender on him.
Henson no in my team.
Agree on Narkle but Scott will pick experience with Steven I believe.

Team I think will be named for the first final in September.

B: Oconnor, Blicavs, kolo
HB: Stewart, Taylor, Clark
C: Cockatoo, Narkle, Parfitt
HF: Krueger, Jenkins, Ablett
FF: Miers, Hawkins, Dahlhaus
R: Ratugolea, Dangerfield, Duncan
IB: Steven, C Guthrie, Selwood, Rohan

noticeable omissions - Tuohy, who
I really still think can play, but Clark plays that role. Menegola will play, but when there’s injuries. Same for Henderson, Bews and Atkins. Krueger will be the first year player they persist with and give games to
I think. But that side above would beat most AFL teams most weeks.

Haha, this post has not aged well. Every opinion is completely wrong.

this is one of those posts where I wonder how we inhabit the same planet. Not trying to be critical, just noting that my view is massively, massively different

this is one of those posts where I wonder how we inhabit the same planet. Not trying to be critical, just noting that my view is massively, massively different

I failed in my attempt to find something I agreed with in that post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back