List Mgmt. 2020 Best 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't know where to put this,feel free to move or delete.
St Joseph's College Team of Champions 1935-2020
B:
Tim Darcy, Matthew Scarlett, John Scarlett
HB: Michael Mansfield, Nick Maxwell, Tom Stewart
C: Leo Turner, Jimmy Bartel, Sam Walsh
HF: Luke Dahlhaus, Barry Stoneham, Kevin Higgins
F: Allen Christensen, Bill McMaster, Fraser Murphy
R: Damian Bourke, Cameron Ling (c), Shaun Higgins
Inter: Terry Callan, Jim Fitzgerald, Darcy Gardiner, Michael Woolnough
Coach: Brendan McCartney
was about to do the same thing-my old school-very accomplished team!
How amazing was the 2011 GF!
Ling, Bartel, Scarlett, Bundy, Maxwell all strutting their stuff.

I said today was the final audition for Ratagulea and if you look at it that way he can’t play finals. The easy call from here is to replace him with Stanley. The bolder call is to replace Henderson with Stanley and shuffle things around. I’m glad it’s not me making the call I’m sure whichever way we go the knives will be out if the result is unfavourable.

More interestingly, did Steven do enough to hold his spot? I wouldn’t be averse to Close taking his spot. Again, it would be the bold call but perhaps what we need.

I said today was the final audition for Ratagulea and if you look at it that way he can’t play finals. The easy call from here is to replace him with Stanley. The bolder call is to replace Henderson with Stanley and shuffle things around. I’m glad it’s not me making the call I’m sure whichever way we go the knives will be out if the result is unfavourable.

More interestingly, did Steven do enough to hold his spot? I wouldn’t be averse to Close taking his spot. Again, it would be the bold call but perhaps what we need.

I have Henderson ahead of Taylor on current form.

I have Henderson ahead of Taylor on current form.
I don’t think Henderson has done anything wrong necessarily but I’d say the same about Taylor and I can’t see them dropping him at this point.

but will he be injured, or omitted, if replaced?

I don’t think Henderson has done anything wrong necessarily but I’d say the same about Taylor and I can’t see them dropping him at this point.

I can't see them dropping him either but it would be one of those brave calls that maybe we need to make. I love Harry but gees he's limping to the end. Those characteristic marks from opposition kicks are missing, he's looking slow(er) than ever and his foot skills are even a bit dodgy. His experience could be important but I can see him being embarrassed. I'd hate to see that.

both can swing forward; they won't be dropped, yet.

You're kidding. If we are keeping one/both in because we can swing either of them forward we may as well put up the white flag. If they play, it's as defenders.
I kid you not- in cut-throat finals, we need adaptable players. Who knows when they may need to go forward. They are perfectly fine defenders. But to have some marking ability up forward , WHEN NEEDED, might not go astray.

That’s the sure fire sign we've lost if we see that.
we have seen it translate into wins as well.
Only takes one early injury to a prime KF...
What I really am saying is they BOTH have superior marking ability to others on our list, so they play.

Name one big game where either have been thrown forward to good effect?
No finals, if that's your idea of big.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No finals, if that's your idea of big.

Not one final. And that article is two years old. I think the only tweak I see happening after today is Dangerfield spending more time forward than he has been. I do think though our forward structure is still a work in progress. Ratagolea cannot at this stage be relied upon to have an influence. So do you throw Jenkins in as the second tall or just run, as we have most of the year, with Hawkins and Rohan? Tigers were able to double team Hawkins effectively but maybe if they have Dangerfield to contend with as well as Rohan that may be enough.

Not one final. And that article is two years old. I think the only tweak I see happening after today is Dangerfield spending more time forward than he has been. I do think though our forward structure is still a work in progress. Ratagolea cannot at this stage be relied upon to have an influence. So do you throw Jenkins in as the second tall or just run, as we have most of the year, with Hawkins and Rohan? Tigers were able to double team Hawkins effectively but maybe if they have Dangerfield to contend with as well as Rohan that may be enough.
I'm not suggesting they start there, but both are fit, not coming off extended time out, and both are comfortable going forward. Given that in finas you want your more skilled and experienced players IN, I can not see either getting dropped.

we have seen it translate into wins as well.
Only takes one early injury to a prime KF...
What I really am saying is they BOTH have superior marking ability to others on our list, so they play.
How about we just apply more pressure and move the balll quicker; they won't be as much of a liability one-on-one if we do that.

How about we just apply more pressure and move the balll quicker; they won't be as much of a liability one-on-one if we do that.
All good.
Just adding my 20c worth as to which players may be kept in the team week 1 finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back