List Mgmt. 2020 Best 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Cocky shouldn't be in anyone's best 22 unless he proves his body can handle playing AFL

He is in my best 22 ... he is on a 1 year deal I think he will be playing as long as he is fit. Whether he can stay fit is the question , what you allude to I guess. They have taken the long way home with him... 2020 has to be his year.

He is in my best 22 ... he is on a 1 year deal I think he will be playing as long as he is fit. Whether he can stay fit is the question , what you allude to I guess. They have taken the long way home with him... 2020 has to be his year.
If he proves he can play AFl without breaking we can talk until then he is just a dream and nothing more

NC5 is the best obvious replacement for Kelly ... he will picked imo whether he can sustain it is questionable..but he will be in our best25 players . We will know by the end of the PS if the plan has worked..
I actually agree he will be picked but we will not know if the plan has worked until at least round 5 assuming he plays at all

You do know that you saying something doesn't automatically make it true?
I am very aware of the but is Cocky locked into the best 25 right now by us or coaches i would say no. Now we and the coaches may well be hoping the current plan works and his body holds up but like i said atm that is just a dream

If his body hold up the coaches will most likely have him in our best 10-18

Fb. Stewart. Blicavs. Clark
Hb. Henry. Taylor. O’Connor
C. Duncan. Selwood. Parfitt
Hf. Miers. Esava. Dahlhaus
Ff. Atkins. Hawkins. Rohan
Foll. Stanley. Danger. Narkle
Int. Ablett. Kolo. Guthrie. Fogarty

Emg. Constable. Touhy. Jenkins. Menegola

Assume cocky never gets fit.

2024 team:

Fb. Clark. DeKoning. Okunbor
Hb. Stewart. Kolo. Henry
C. Fogarty. Stephens. R1
Hf. Taheny. R1. Kreuger
Ff. Danger. Esava. Miers
Foll. Traded ruck. R1. R1
Int. constable. Parfitt. Narkle. O’Connor

Above shows how badly we need some A grade mid talent including a gun wingman. I think Stephens, narkle, parfitt and Constable are decent food soldiers but not high ceiling AA game changers. I think close and Evans as well as Atkins could be important role players as long as the Richmond style continues to hold up.

Also a ruck and a CHF are needed.

2024 team:

Hb. Stewart. Kolo. Henry
C. Fogarty. Stephens. R1
Hf. Taheny. R1. Kreuger
Ff. Danger. Esava. Miers

Above shows how badly we need some A grade mid talent including a gun wingman. I think Stephens, narkle, parfitt and Constable are decent food soldiers but not high ceiling AA game changers. I think close and Evans as well as Atkins could be important role players as long as the Richmond style continues to hold up.

Agree that we need at least a couple of A grade mids. We can’t win flags with this current crop of youngsters.

You are bullish on Okunbor. Any reason?

Agree that we need at least a couple of A grade mids. We can’t win flags with this current crop of youngsters.

You are bullish on Okunbor. Any reason?

I have a gut feel that he will take to the game quickly and be a really powerful 3rd tall. Almost Byron Pickett style. He has great reflexes and athletic ability and strong drive. I think he will make it and really hurt opposition fowards. He only played a few vfl games last season but had some good moments

I have a gut feel that he will take to the game quickly and be a really powerful 3rd tall. Almost Byron Pickett style. He has great reflexes and athletic ability and strong drive. I think he will make it and really hurt opposition fowards. He only played a few vfl games last season but had some good moments

I haven’t seen him. Will have to try next season. Certainly looks athletic. How’s his kicking?

2024 team:

Hb. Stewart. Kolo. Henry
C. Fogarty. Stephens. R1
Hf. Taheny. R1. Kreuger
Ff. Danger. Esava. Miers

The only ones worth looking into for 2020 as FAs are:
J Cameron as a CHF RFA
L Whitfield as an Outside Midfielder RFA
Brad Crouch as an Inside Midfielder RFA

Probably in that order, I doubt we could afford more than one. But you'd think one of them could slot into Best 22 given their age.

By 2021, we could look at the following FAs (* only ones that are likely to consider a move):

Matt Crouch as an Inside Midfielder RFA*
Patrick Cripps as an Inside Midfielder RFA
Steele Sidebottom as an Outside Midfielder UFA
Zac Merrett as a Midfielder RFA*
Josh Kelly (GWS) as a Midfielder RFA*
Max Gawn as a Ruck UFA*
Jack Billings as a Midfielder/Forward RFA*
M Bontempelli as a Midfielder RFA

Don't be surprised if we see some of the following occur in 2020:
- A smaller more dynamic backline with Taylor dropped
- A more attacking backline with Clarke replacing Bews
- Touhy return to his 2018 form as a rebounding defender
- Kennerly getting a few games as a winger
- Constable as a regular inside midfielder
- Fort drastically improving and challenging Stanley
- Fogarty challenging Guthrie as our tagger
- Cockatoo sliding into a HFF role and playing with some continuity
- Taheny push for the 3rd tall role ahead of Rohan
- One or two of our young rising stars fade out (Henry, Narkle, Parfitt, Miers)
- Steven step into Kelly's role with very little drop-off

At this stage... Lol will change over again

B Occonor Blitz Henry
HB Stewart Taylor Kolo
W Duncan Constable Stevens
HF Parfitt Esava Miers
F Ablett Hawkins Dahlhaus
R Stanley Dangerfield Selwood
Int Jenkins, Menegola, Clark, Cockatoo,

Emg Atkins, Guthrie, Bews, Tuhoy

IV said it before, but would love to see Atkins play as our Tagger, it would suit him and his game plan, as I think we need to look at bringing in the Ling Tagger.

Dam it.... I forgot Narkle 🤦🏻‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage... Lol will change over again

B Occonor Blitz Henry
HB Stewart Taylor Kolo
W Duncan Constable Stevens
HF Parfitt Esava Miers
F Ablett Hawkins Dahlhaus
R Stanley Dangerfield Selwood
Int Jenkins, Menegola, Clark, Cockatoo,

Emg Atkins, Guthrie, Bews, Tuhoy

IV said it before, but would love to see Atkins play as our Tagger, it would suit him and his game plan, as I think we need to look at bringing in the Ling Tagger.

Dam it.... I forgot Narkle 🤦🏻‍♂️
I actually would love Atkins or Fog to be tried as taggers.. think both have the mindset to do it well

At this stage, our depth looks really good (except ruck of course...but what can ya do?...something for the mid-season draft if all goes wrong)

I reckon it's easier to say who won't play in 2020. I'd say anyone who's not in the below list, has a chance of being in our best side next year:

Tarca
Jarvis
Parsons
Brownless
Close
Evans
Henderson
Simpson
Zuthrie
Schlensog
Okunbor
De Koning
Fort

Not saying they won't get a game here and there, but I can't see the above being 'Best 22' at any stage. It's pretty good to be able to say that there's 33 players capable of fitting into 22. Our depth (barring ruck) looks much better than last year. Basically think that this gives us a Round 1 selection from (bolded are my Best 22 - underlined are my 4 emergencies):

DEF: Stewart, Blics, Henry, Kolo, Taylor, O'Connor, Bews, Clark, Tuohy

MID: Danger, Sel, Duncan, Cockatoo, Steven, Parfitt, Guthrie, Narkle, Stevens, Fogarty, Menegola, Constable, Kennerley

FWD: Rata, Hawkins, Ablett, Dahl, Rohan, Taheny, Kreuger, Jenkins, Miers, Atkins

RUC: Stanley, Jenkins, Rata

Going to be a very interesting pre-season, to see who the unlucky 11 are. I like Jenkins and Rata as a combo and Kreuger playing forward, with Stanley missing, but it's too early to tell right now if Rata can build his tank enough by Round 1. If he can, that'll be a dynamic combo, and give Stanley something to think about.

I definitely like our list a lot better this season than last season though.

At this stage, our depth looks really good (except ruck of course...but what can ya do?...something for the mid-season draft if all goes wrong)

I reckon it's easier to say who won't play in 2020. I'd say anyone who's not in the below list, has a chance of being in our best side next year:

Tarca
Jarvis
Parsons
Brownless
Close
Evans
Henderson
Simpson
Zuthrie
Schlensog
Okunbor
De Koning
Fort

Not saying they won't get a game here and there, but I can't see the above being 'Best 22' at any stage. It's pretty good to be able to say that there's 33 players capable of fitting into 22. Our depth (barring ruck) looks much better than last year. Basically think that this gives us a Round 1 selection from (bolded are my Best 22 - underlined are my 4 emergencies):

MID: Danger, Sel, Duncan, Cockatoo, Steven, Parfitt, Guthrie, Narkle, Stevens, Fogarty, Menegola, Constable, Kennerley

FWD: Rata, Hawkins, Ablett, Dahl, Rohan, Taheny, Kreuger, Jenkins, Miers, Atkins

Going to be a very interesting pre-season, to see who the unlucky 11 are. I like Jenkins and Rata as a combo and Kreuger playing forward, with Stanley missing, but it's too early to tell right now if Rata can build his tank enough by Round 1. If he can, that'll be a dynamic combo, and give Stanley something to think about.

I don't mind that but i don't see Parfitt/Guthrie and Menegola not playing round 1 or at least some combination of them
Likewise with Rohan and Atkins in the forward line.

Don't get me wrong i hope some of the younger guys have a pre-season like Miers last year and force themselves in but at this stage 7 of the players not in your best 22 will be.(at this stage so no need to jump at me lol)

Last edited:
I don't mind that but i don't see Parfitt/Guthrie and Menegola not playing round 1 or at least some combination of them
Likewise with Rohan and Atkins in the forward line.

Don't get me wrong i hope some of the younger guys have a pre-season like Miers last year and force themselves in but at this stage 7 of the players not in your best 22 will be.(at this stage so no need to jump at me lol)

Nah that's definitely fair enough. It's more how I think it 'should' be, based on talent and scope. I don't think Rohan, Menegola, Parfitt, did enough this year to justify their spot. Guth actually had a pretty good year playing in his actual position, but he's borderline. Atkins I think could push in, but I still think if guys like Stephens and Cockatoo have a massive pre-season, then he'll be behind them on talent alone.

Like I said, will be very interesting to see who suits up Round 1 :)

Tarca
Jarvis
Parsons
Brownless
Close
Evans
Henderson
Simpson
Zuthrie
Schlensog
Okunbor
De Koning
Fort

Agree with that list except for Okunbor and Fort. Okunbor has got an AFL ready frame and improved massively last year, he’s a real possibility to be best 22 IMO. And if Stanley is injured Fort could easily be our no.1 ruck for the remainder of the year.

Agree with that list except for Okunbor and Fort. Okunbor has got an AFL ready frame and improved massively last year, he’s a real possibility to be best 22 IMO. And if Stanley is injured Fort could easily be our no.1 ruck for the remainder of the year.

I've clearly got to see more of this guy.

Definitely agree on Okunbor, but I also know our backline is pretty hard to break into right now. Tuohy, Henry, Henderson and Bews would all be more likely to get a call up before him atm - such is our depth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back