List Mgmt. 2020 Best 25

Sep 28, 2014
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Well the trade season silliness starts in a few days so lets kick off some predictions/ideas/hopes/dreams for what the lineup will look like next year.
Heres my first take,

OConnor Blicavs Kolojashnij
Stewart Taylor Tuohy
Clark Constable Duncan
Selwood Hawkins Dalhaus
Ablett Ratugolea Krueger
Stanley Dangerfield Guthrie
Henry Parfitt Miers Cockatoo
Narkle Menegola Henderson Bews

- Kelly is Unfortunately gone, in steps Constable who is slower which means Clark and Duncan need to pick up the slack on the outside down the wings which they are both capable of.
- Very keen to see a 3 pronged tall forward attack, all 3 are agile and can rotate through roles. This will add an extra tactic whilst also giving someone else some experience to avoid the scenario of throwing a defender forward again with no ready made replacement forward
- Trades and drafts will hopefully change a spot or two which would mean they are quality/readymade

Well the trade season silliness starts in a few days so lets kick off some predictions/ideas/hopes/dreams for what the lineup will look like next year.
Heres my first take,

Stewart Taylor Tuohy
Clark Constable Duncan
Selwood Hawkins Dalhaus
Ablett Ratugolea Krueger

- Kelly is Unfortunately gone, in steps Constable who is slower which means Clark and Duncan need to pick up the slack on the outside down the wings which they are both capable of.
- Very keen to see a 3 pronged tall forward attack, all 3 are agile and can rotate through roles. This will add an extra tactic whilst also giving someone else some experience to avoid the scenario of throwing a defender forward again with no ready made replacement forward
- Trades and drafts will hopefully change a spot or two which would mean they are quality/readymade
If we are going to be successful in 2020 and Harry wants to play on, Taylor needs to play the Bluey McGrath role of 2002, the senior head guiding the VFL and only playing when an injury to the AFL side opens a spot

Podsnap

All Australian
May 13, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Heres my first take,

Stewart Taylor Tuohy
Clark Constable Duncan
Selwood Hawkins Dalhaus
Ablett Ratugolea Krueger

Not enough defenders

Bit premature. Wait until both trade week and draft first.
This - too many players to speculate on about their future until after list lodgements and then the draft

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
FB Henry Blicavs Guthrie
HB Tuohy Kolodjashnij Stewart
C Duncan Constable Clark
HF Dalhlaus Hawkins Miers
FF Krueger Ratugolea Rohan
Fol Stanley Dangerfield Narkle
Int O'Connor Selwood Parfitt Cockatoo

Trying to get as much rebound from D50 as possible, Henry and Stewart provide the tall/small flexibility.
Constable and Narkle's attributes compliment each other well. Selwood and Parfitt providing relief rotations.
Krueger in to provide another leading option which should make it easy to move the ball through an oppositions' press. Rohan and Cockatoo to provide forward pressure, both are also capable in the air.

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Laird Blicavs O'Connor
Henry Kolo Stewart
Duncan Crouch Clark
Dahl Hawkins Cockatoo
Miers Ratagolea Rohan
Stanley Dangerfield Steven
Parfitt Narkle Ablett Selwood
Constable Guthrie Tuohy

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
I get that it will be more accurate after the trades and drafts, it's still very interesting now though to see what everyones thoughts are and where the "gaps" are that require improvements
Backs:------------- Blicavs-----------

HB ------------ ----------- Stewart

C -------- ------------- ---------

HF ---------- -------------- -------------

F ------------- Hawkins ------------

Rucks ------------ Dangerfield -----------

INT -------- ---------- --------- ------------

To be continued.

Last edited:

DanA

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Geelong
Backs:------------- Blicavs-----------

HB ------------ ----------- Stewart

C -------- ------------- ---------

HF ---------- -------------- -------------

F ------------- Hawkins ------------

Rucks ------------ Dangerfield -----------

INT -------- ---------- --------- ------------

To be continued.

For me:

Locked into position
FB: O'Connor Blicavs -------
HB: Stewart -------- -------
C: ------- --------- ---------
HF: ------ Ratugolea -------
FF: Miers Hawkins ---------
R: ------- Dangerfield -------
INT: ------ ------ ------ ------

The trajectory of O'Connor is impressive, he's my breakout player for next year and he's already entrenched and is a career back pocket that won't move IMO. Likewise, I think Miers is a career forward pocket that has earned his place. But I agree that almost everybody else is dependent on how things go in the draft and trade period.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Heres my first take,

Stewart Taylor Tuohy
Clark Constable Duncan
Selwood Hawkins Dalhaus
Ablett Ratugolea Krueger

Constable will be lucky to get 10 games next year.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
For me:

Locked into position

The trajectory of O'Connor is impressive, he's my breakout player for next year and he's already entrenched and is a career back pocket that won't move IMO. Likewise, I think Miers is a career forward pocket that has earned his place. But I agree that almost everybody else is dependent on how things go in the draft and trade period.
How can Blicavs possibly be locked into full back after not playing one final there? His position next season is as uncertain as any.

Cronin

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
How can Blicavs possibly be locked into full back after not playing one final there? His position next season is as uncertain as any.
If Blicavs doesn't start at FB next year then Chris Scott might as well hand in his resignation early.

Cronin

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
Would like to see narkle & cockatoo unleashed in the middle.
Cockatoo off half back could be on too.
If he doesn’t get his body right then we need to cut him.
Fingers crossed!
I've always envisioned Cockatoo coming in off a wing and then pushing forward.

TheCattery2007

Team Captain
Nov 21, 2007
USA
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Washington Redskins & Caps
Even minus Kelly, it's a pretty impressive team. Imagine Cockatoo gets a good run at it.

FB: O'Connor Blicavs Bews
HB: Stewart Taylor Touhy
C: Selwood Duncan Clark
HF: Dalh Ratugolea Cockatoo
FF: Miers Hawkins Ablett
R: ------ Dangerfield Parfitt
INT: Narkle Kolo Rohan Constable

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
For me:

Locked into position

Considering we aren't getting another Ruck. You can lock in Stanley as the Ruck.
Clark would have to be a lock, either on the Wing or Half-Back Flank. Position depending if we recruit another Outside Midfielder.
Duncan would be a lock on the Wing.
For sheer leadership and desperation J Selwood at least on the Bench!

Shitkicker

Debutant
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
FB: O’Connor. Blicavs. Bews
HB: Stewart. Henry. Clark
W: Duncan Guthrie. Selwood
HF: Dahlhaus Ratugolea Miers
FF: Ablett. Hawkins. Cockatoo
R: Stanley. Danger Narkle
B: Constable, Steven, Parfitt, Kolo