List Mgmt. 2020 Best 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't agree. He looked very comfortable further up the ground.
He's a very attacking-minded player.
Despite being drafted as a "defender", he spent plenty of his junior years on the wing.

Agreed...look at his metres gained and tell me the kid is not a winger (once he builds his tank more) and ill eat my hat.

That's the reason Clark was pushed up the ground to get more defenders into the side we didn't need, that buggered the team balance from earlier in the
year.

What buggered the team balance was playing too many kpds and then putting our best one on a wing..not putting Clark there.

Yes but would you rather a blitz or a kolo on a wing or clark? Because thats probably what it comes down to...team balance is a thing. Besides Clark was good on a wing when he played there.
Me, I think Duncan, Menegola both can play wings... Narkle another possibility... Also Stevens could as well

What an awful situation to be in. Why didn't we bring any rucks in?
who and what rucks were there to bring in?
agree its not a great postiion to be in... but I dont see another solution ATM.... other than another Fort type from the state leagues.

Go Catters

Last edited:
May be true but simply think for our back half to be a real threat Blicavs at full back is imperative. Defences win flags

I get that but i dont think its realistic to play someone who is about 36th on your list over giys who are clearly best 22 just to keep blitz out of the ruck. Most sides wont do that.

who and what rucks were there to bring in?
agree its not a great postiion to be in... but I dont see another solution ATM.... other than another Fort type from the state leagues.

Go Catters

Correct...we offered Goldstein 4 years its not like we didnt try.

I get that but i dont think its realistic to play someone who is about 36th on your list over giys who are clearly best 22 just to keep blitz out of the ruck. Most sides wont do that.
No agreed re Fort. Ratagolea and Jenkins would work ok I think.
Both good with follow up work. Both can kick goals

I feel like this is a 10 year problem bigger than just this year. I also think we could have traded for someone, or rookied a state league player to at least give a little bit more depth.

I agree its a since 2011 problem and we have failed at solving it. But the ruck market was thin this year almost all the ones who were available were barely better than what we have. Give me a name of a gettable player who was better than our stocks that we could have chased? We could have got more depth but i doubt we could have got more quality.

I agree its a since 2011 problem and we have failed at solving it. But the ruck market was thin this year almost all the ones who were available were barely better than what we have. Give me a name of a gettable player who was better than our stocks that we could have chased? We could have got more depth but i doubt we could have got more quality.

We should have delisted (probably) Taylor or Henderson and used that spot on a ruck in the rookie draft. That young guy from SA that was a swimmer looked like he had plenty to work with.

We should have delisted (probably) Taylor or Henderson and used that spot on a ruck in the rookie draft. That young guy from SA that was a swimmer looked like he had plenty to work with.
Do you mean Kyle Chalmers?

Considering his dad played for Port Adelaide in the SANFL & then also in the AFL, if Kyle does make the move into AFL I think he'll stay in South Aus and want to sign as a cat b rookie with Port Adelaide

Do you mean Kyle Chalmers?

Considering his dad played for Port Adelaide in the SANFL & then also in the AFL, if Kyle does make the move into AFL I think he'll stay in South Aus and want to sign as a cat b rookie with Port Adelaide

No not Chalmers - think he may have grander ambitions though he does have good pedigree! There was a kid that played in SA that someone posted some highlights that we’d been linked with. Went undrafted but he looked pretty good albeit playing in a SANFL reserves team. Can’t recall his name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The obvious one is Brayden Pruess. Melbourne would have known they were drafting Luke Jackson and they obviously have Max Gawn keeping Pruess out. I wouldn't mind betting they'd have dealt Pruess for the right price and then picked up a state league player like Knolls to bridge the gap while Jackson developed.

I'd have felt a lot better if we had Stanley, Pruess and Fort.

The obvious one is Brayden Pruess. Melbourne would have known they were drafting Luke Jackson and they obviously have Max Gawn keeping Pruess out. I wouldn't mind betting they'd have dealt Pruess for the right price and then picked up a state league player like Knolls to bridge the gap while Jackson developed.

I'd have felt a lot better if we had Stanley, Pruess and Fort.

I like Preuss but he wascontracted and i dont think Melb would have traded him for less than overs when Jackson is so raw and Weideman has massive ? Marks. Thats why i referred to someone gettable. The best i think we could have got is a Pittonet or Cameron type and i dont think either are better than Smith or Abbott were. You can argue the merits of offering a 4 year deal to a 31yo but the fact that we did tells you we thought all the other rucks on the market were crap or unobtainable. But it will be interesting to see what we do in 12 months time as Stanley will be 30 Jenkins 31 and i reckon Fort will be off the list. So no doubt we will go to market and hopefully there are some better rucks obtainable.

I like Preuss but he wascontracted and i dont think Melb would have traded him for less than overs when Jackson is so raw and Weideman has massive ? Marks. Thats why i referred to someone gettable. The best i think we could have got is a Pittonet or Cameron type and i dont think either are better than Smith or Abbott were. You can argue the merits of offering a 4 year deal to a 31yo but the fact that we did tells you we thought all the other rucks on the market were crap or unobtainable. But it will be interesting to see what we do in 12 months time as Stanley will be 30 Jenkins 31 and i reckon Fort will be off the list. So no doubt we will go to market and hopefully there are some better rucks obtainable.

So pay overs. Or better yet don’t let it get to this stage.

Me, I think Duncan, Menegola both can play wings... Narkle another possibility... Also Stevens could as well
Yeah I see Jack playing predominantly wing this year for us. Should improve his tog % too. Had to play in the middle at the saints most of time as they have so many inside mids.

So pay overs. Or better yet don’t let it get to this stage.
Wells is better than that. Cannot pay overs for a players who is still relatively unproven and who blows up after 5 mins on the ball. I’d love to see Stanley go head to head with Preuss for a full game. After the ten minute mark of every quarter Rhys would be running around pick up touches like he’s Matt Crouch. Preuss - overrated. The only options better than what we have was Goldy & Jackson and we couldn’t land either.

Henry Blicavs O'Connor
Stewart Taylor Kolo
Clark Constable Duncan
Cockatoo Hawkins Dahlhaus
Miers Ratagolea Ablett
Stanley Dangerfield Steven
Jenkins, Selwood, Rohan, Narkle
Parfitt, Menegola, Taheny, Tuohy, Fogarty, Kreuger, Guthrie, Bews, Henderson, Fort, Atkins, Stephens, Brownless, Kennerley, Jarvis, Tarca, DeKonning, Evans, Close, Parsons, Simpson, Zuthrie, OKunbor

The twos are looking pretty solid this season

Zuthrie DeKonning Bews
Menegola Henderson Tuohy
Parsons Parfitt Simpson
Fogarty Taheny Evans
Tarca Kreuger Atkins
Fort Stephens Guthrie
Int Brownless, Kennerly, Jarvis, Close, Okunbor and best VFL listed players

Oh My god, two flags up for grabs

No not Chalmers - think he may have grander ambitions though he does have good pedigree! There was a kid that played in SA that someone posted some highlights that we’d been linked with. Went undrafted but he looked pretty good albeit playing in a SANFL reserves team. Can’t recall his name.
This guy?

FB: KOLODJASHNIJ, BLICAVS, STEWART
HB: HENRY, TAYLOR, O'CONNOR
C: CLARK, C.GUTHRIE, DUNCAN
HF: NARKLE, RATUGOLEA, MIERS
FF: DAHLHAUS, HAWKINS, ATKINS

1R: STANLEY, DANGERFIELD, SELWOOD

INT: ABLETT, STEVEN, PARFITT, TUOHY, CONSTABLE, FOGARTY, KREUGER.

Bews, Henderson, Jenkins, Menegola, Rohan - I like each of these guys, but I feel we need to put younger guys like Henry, O'Connor, Clark, Narkle, Parfitt, Fogarty, Kreuger, etc. ahead of them.

Cockatoo, Z.Guthrie, Parsons, Simpson - these guys have been on the list long enough now to have cemented their spots, and they haven't. I know Cocky has had his injury troubles, but the pressure is still on. I don't expect much from this group this year.

I don't expect anyone from the remaining group to feature this year, though there are four or five I'd like to see debut - Brownless, Close, De Koning, Evans, Fort, Jarvis, Kennerley, Okunbor, Schlensog, Stephens, Taheny, and Tarca.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back