MVP 2020 Best & Fairest - Thursday 29th October 7.30pm start

Remove this Banner Ad

The only issue is the mission accomplished type sh*t that certain people have been speaking (to be fair a lot of this comes from outside Port people). We blew an opportunity this year and should be angry and wanting to make amends, not patting ourselves on the back for getting close.
Aside from Koch the non-football dickhead, doesn't seem like anyone at the club is saying anything of the sort. Even Ken was on message at the B&F last night. No talk of 'success', no talk of how well we did this season, only talk of how much the loss hurt and how we need to work at going better next year.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
If you think DBJ was just a good role player this year I’m not sure what games you were watching.
I'm more talking about the medal overall, Kane cornes winning 4, Jackson Trengove, players that just did their role get rewarded while the blokes that are the real match winners get overlooked.

Dbj had a great year. But boak was by far our best player, just because it's much harder to be consistently beating your opponent when every game you are up against the elite of the comp in the midfield shouldn't go against you in the b&f..
Any system that didnt recognize boak as this year's b&f is completely flawed and needs a massive overhaul.

Aside from Koch the non-football dickhead, doesn't seem like anyone at the club is saying anything of the sort. Even Ken was on message at the B&F last night. No talk of 'success', no talk of how well we did this season, only talk of how much the loss hurt and how we need to work at going better next year.

Spot on Georgiadesfest

I might be wrong but Koch racked up, proud, 10th to 3rd, amazing achievements, great year, success, the creed even says we had a good year, 4th good minor round team trophy etc etc

I said to Ms D, I said Ms D I said "this bloke just doesn't get it" Ms D said to me she said "What doesn't he get Ed?" I said to Ms D, I said Ms D I said "That talk means nothing to us, success is premierships and participation awards and getting close just aren't good enough for Port Adelaide" Ms D said to me she said "oh".

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Well done dbj

I’d have thought the more good role players we have the more chance we have of winning something. Unfortunately our so called match winners never seem to turn up when needed.
Dbj was worst on in the prelim... 😬

Boak was our best player this year, by a mile.

after watching last night, i think ladies really see past looks...... and straight to a blokes wallet

And in other news people are looking beyond caves for places to live.

Film at 11.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
after watching last night, i think ladies really see past looks...... and straight to a blokes wallet
AFL players are successful and driven and they reach their goals more, especially compared to other men their age. They also maintain a high level of physical fitness.

Money may play a part but let’s not pretend it’s purely financial driven.

Could just be the big dick energy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Izzy01

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Congrats to DBJ, he has had an amazing year and become one of our most valuable players. Very surprised Boak didn’t win though.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm more talking about the medal overall, Kane cornes winning 4, Jackson Trengove, players that just did their role get rewarded while the blokes that are the real match winners get overlooked.

Dbj had a great year. But boak was by far our best player, just because it's much harder to be consistently beating your opponent when every game you are up against the elite of the comp in the midfield shouldn't go against you in the b&f..
Any system that didnt recognize boak as this year's b&f is completely flawed and needs a massive overhaul.
Boak was the most dynamic player through the year, but DBJ was the most consistent. Game after Game, after Game, he was just elite. Besides the prelim, he never had a bad Game. Boak had some great games, match winning games, but there were many games that he just went invisible.

DBJ a worthy winner. I was a little surprised at the gap, but imo that is more a testament to his consistency than any thing else.

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
Cant argue with DBJ winning he had a brilliant year. Boak unlucky as was Jonas

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Agreed. Very much a classic Port Adelaide B&F winner.
Yep. This is what BnF's are for.

To reward the consistent team men who are the model you want all the other players to follow.

If every player put in like Darcy every game we would be holding up the cup right now.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. This is what BnF's are for.

To reward the consistent team men who are the model you want all the other players to follow.

If every player put in like Darcy every game we would be holding up the cup right now.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

B&F's tend to go that way. Jayden Short won Richmond's B&F over Dusty. Corey Enright won a B&F in one of Geelong's premiership years over GAJ, Bartel, Selwood etc. Consistency is key.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Romance!
e523b67d0529b0f86357595e9d0df719
8cde4ec9cf613f13c80b1e223ba92966

Bromance!
dd5f91f74629817b21f7f0902aeada9a

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cant argue with DBJ winning he had a brilliant year. Boak unlucky as was Jonas
Jonas was great this year. I looked up which Club Captains never won a B&F in modern times and was surprised Bucky Cunningham never won one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back