3 S Pendlebury (Coll)
2 J Lyons (Bris)
1 J Berry (Bris)

LEADERBOARD

21 - L Neale (Bris)
17 - Z Merrett* (Ess) C Petracca (Melb)
16 - J Steele (St K)
15 - T Boak (PA)
14 - D Martin (Rich) P Cripps (Carl) S Menegola (Geel) C Guthrie (Geel)

shepherdodin

Senior List
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Who polls tonight? I had
3 T Kelly
2 A Gaff
1 L Ryan

Maybe Steele next? Was closer game for 3 from one team, but they stood out to me. I did miss the first quarter. Interested to see what others have.

Who polls tonight? I had
3 T Kelly
2 A Gaff
1 L Ryan

Maybe Steele next? Was closer game for 3 from one team, but they stood out to me. I did miss the first quarter. Interested to see what others have.
Kelly
Gaff

Then one of
Clark, Steele or Barass

Nicnat had sweet fa influence on the game..was soundly beaten in the 1st half

jack 231

Senior List
Jun 17, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Gents who got on menegola most Geelong votes for $5 - $7

I put $700 @ $6 on this with the intention of cashing some out or hedging across other bookies but there’s no cashout yet and now BetEasy are gone no other bookies have put team vote odds up.

Should I just ride this bet out til the end? What are you guys doing with yours?

The only real risk is that Guthrie and/or danger get votes tonight and menegola doesn’t. Which is definitely possible.

I feel like fair value for this bet would be around $3

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast

I put $700 @ $6 on this with the intention of cashing some out or hedging across other bookies but there’s no cashout yet and now BetEasy are gone no other bookies have put team vote odds up.

Should I just ride this bet out til the end? What are you guys doing with yours?

The only real risk is that Guthrie and/or danger get votes tonight and menegola doesn’t. Which is definitely possible.

I got 150 on at 7s. Cashout is 160. Pretty average on 365.
Was allowed 10 bucks on Steele at 200-1, only 30 cash out tho.

Last edited:

jack 231

Senior List
Jun 17, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
I got 150 on at 7s. Cashout is 160. Pretty average on 365.
Was allowed 10 bucks on Steele at 200-1, only 30 cash out tho.
I guess just sit on the amount you’re comfortable losing and ride it out

Be close to cashing Steele out after last night tho? Needed a 3 there to have a Vance at winning

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I guess just sit on the amount you’re comfortable losing and ride it out

Be close to cashing Steele out after last night tho? Needed a 3 there to have a Vance at winning
Yeah, he's now not possible in my count so will prob pull the trigger.
Have him top 5 at 21s and top 10 at 12s so will just ride them out

Gazza Guru

Senior List
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong

You sure are onto a live one there. Your only current option is to go onto Bet365 and back Guthrie at $3.20. Danger too short at $1.75 so not worth it.
I thought the TAB would have team votes up yesterday before the next round started but they may not have them up until next week now.
Other option is to let it ride for tonight which is what I would do. Menegola is as much chance of polling as the other 2. Tigers will be all over Danger.

jack 231

Senior List
Jun 17, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
If i was an ump I would’ve gone blicavs 1 riewoldt 2 grimes 3

3 for a defender makes for interesting match 3 vote betting

Gazza Guru

Senior List
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
My model did correctly predict he would poll last year v Port - BUT that was the first Brownlow votes he ever polled so a degree of caution with this match.

i am looking forward to seeing your model tested this year. I have closely followed Brownlow polling for many years and always take polling history into account. I agree 100% with you that defenders poll badly and am sure that all the crew on here agree as well.
However, in my opinion there is no way you can have watched the GWS vs WC game in round 13 and given McGovern 0 votes. He will poll either 1, 2 or 3 votes guaranteed. He has a very poor polling history for sure ( and I stated that n an earlier post ) but he played a blinder and stood out enormously. Nothing like a normal good game by a defender. He’s a big chance to get the 3.
I am pretty sure that you have not watched that game and went off the typical poor defender polling history.
it won’t work for you in that game I’m afraid.
You could not have possibly given McGovern 0 votes if you honestly watched the game.

Last edited:

jack 231

Senior List
Jun 17, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
TBH if I had the commentators on mute I don’t know if grimes would’ve been as clear cut 3 votes for me. They talked him up non stop - yep it was a good game by him but the umps obviously wouldn’t have heard all that so no bias / influence. So maybe 3 votes for television audience but would like to hear from someone at the game.

I’ve seen it happen before the commentators basically choose their 3 and persuade the whole Australian audience but umps saw it differently

jack 231

Senior List
Jun 17, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
In fact TJM I’d like to know if you watch these games without commentary when you do your 3,2,1?

Gazza Guru

Senior List
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
TBH if I had the commentators on mute I don’t know if grimes would’ve been as clear cut 3 votes for me. They talked him up non stop - yep it was a good game by him but the umps obviously wouldn’t have heard all that so no bias / influence. So maybe 3 votes for television audience but would like to hear from someone at the game.

I’ve seen it happen before the commentators basically choose their 3 and persuade the whole Australian audience but umps saw it differently

Definitely a good point and no doubt the Herald Sun and Age journos are mostly watching the games on tv before writing articles and giving votes this year.
It is pretty easy to ignore what they say though if you want to.
Grimes was very good last night but it won’t necessarily correlate to Brownlow votes.
There were no clear midfield stand outs though so a tough game to vote.

Last edited:

Gazza Guru

Senior List
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Freo vs North

3 Fyfe
2 Mundy
1 Walters

Fyfe should have sewn up the Freo votes after that if he hadn’t already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back