Dangerfield - 15
Greenwood - 11
Lyons - 9
Gunston - 5
E. Curnow - 5
Betts - 3
Cameron - 1

Total - 49
Travis Boak received more votes than the entire AFC. Petracca and Steele equalled AFC tally. 😂

When your teams wins 3 games for the year and you're only competitive in maybe 5 or 6, you're going to poll very poorly. We were very very bad for a large chunk of the season. Also have to remember it was our midfield that was the major cause of this, which is where the votes usually come from.

So Lachie Neale hey. Just remembering when he was a solid player in his early days at Freo. Would never have imagined that he would go on to be the dominant player that he is today. Used to think he was very blue collar like Tom Mitchell, but has gone way past him now.

When your teams wins 3 games for the year and you're only competitive in maybe 5 or 6, you're going to poll very poorly. We were very very bad for a large chunk of the season. Also have to remember it was our midfield that was the major cause of this, which is where the votes usually come from.
Yep. Brownlow votes are going to heavily skew against teams as inept as we were. For a good half a year our team was not AFL standard, and when that happens you rarely get those token 1-2 vote games considering they only have 3 lots of votes to give out. Hard for them to consider one of us a top 3 player whereas coaches votes will likely toss a few to the better players on the losing team.

Haha, what? Top 5 for hitouts, hitouts to advantage and contested marks for the season, he was quite comfortably in the top 5 ruckman for the season. Had a very strong laugh at barely breaking even against Sauce too, the only thing Sauce did better in that game was kick a goal. Anyway, I just picked out Curnow as an example, he only polled a whole extra vote.
His marking was strong all year. But his ruckwork, as part of the centre set up that was routinely utterly annihilated, was not until the latter half of the season. And as I said, he looked good from an Adelaide perspective because the rest of the team was so much worse.

His marking was strong all year. But his ruckwork, as part of the centre set up that was routinely utterly annihilated, was not until the latter half of the season. And as I said, he looked good from an Adelaide perspective because the rest of the team was so much worse.

According to Footywire for 2020: #4 across the AFL for contested marks, #24 for tackles, #6 for hitouts per game.....and OK, #491 for disposal efficiency.

So Lachie Neale hey. Just remembering when he was a solid player in his early days at Freo. Would never have imagined that he would go on to be the dominant player that he is today. Used to think he was very blue collar like Tom Mitchell, but has gone way past him now.
Absolutely amazing season.

When he was at Freo I thought he was limited to being a guy who accumulated deep in defence. Had little chip kicks and handballs, but did very little damage.

Now he is an elite mid, with incredibly clean hands, burst speed and skills. He is a top level player. It is a massive credit to him.

He wasn't annihalated at all, that's pure rubbish. Our mids were.

Absolutely amazing season.

When he was at Freo I thought he was limited to being a guy who accumulated deep in defence. Had little chip kicks and handballs, but did very little damage.

Now he is an elite mid, with incredibly clean hands, burst speed and skills. He is a top level player. It is a massive credit to him.
True dat, deserves his accolade, but did resort to playing deep behind to try and get the ball rolling on Saturday night.

... you do realize hitouts to advantage are HARDER when your midfield is s**t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... you do realize hitouts to advantage are HARDER when your midfield is sh*t?
Sure, but I think he gets too caught up in that process when he gets that tap. He gets involved in the scrimmage too much and probably should be more intuitive and let a mid run on to it and use his big frame as a block for the ball to get free to our advantage better.

Back