Competitions 2020 Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

With the draft just a few weeks away, it's time to get the Carlton Board 2020 Phantom Draft going.

Usual housekeeping applies:

1) Everyone is welcome to put their hand up to participate, but this is a commitment. If you can't commit to seeing this through, please leave it for others to participate.

2) We understand (some) people have lives outside of BF but we do like to keep things ticking over. If you know you're not going to be around for a while, please PM your picks to a mod or other prominent poster who can confirm your selection on your behalf if you are not available at that time.

3) I won't set a time limit per pick at this stage, but if it you take an unreasonable amount of time to pick we'll need to keep things moving. If this happens you will be automatically allocated the next highest available player selected in the official BF Phantom Draft.

4) Please tag whoever is next up once you've taken your pick. To do so, type the @ symbol immediately followed by the username.

5) F/S and academy picks are live. If you decide to take one, tag the person picking for the club to whom the player is tied, as they have the opportunity to match the bid. Picks will shuffle around accordingly, so be patient.

Jimmae will you keep a spreadsheet updated for us this year?

Let me know if you're keen to participate, and which club you'd like to draft for.

Participants

Adelaide - Blugazi
Brisbane - HARKER
Carlton - The Dominator7
Collingwood - RoyalParade
Essendon - Sin City
Fremantle - TENACIOUS
Geelong - JB12
Gold Coast - TerryWallet
GWS - Jeremias
Hawthorn - ferrisb
Melbourne - gandaal
North Melbourne - Coona Blues
Port Adelaide - Eiffel 65
Richmond - Wickzki
St Kilda - Ninja Worrier
Sydney - Arr0w
West Coast - LemmingMaster
Western Bulldogs - Eiffel 65

Last edited:

Bit tough this year with so little known of many, but happy to go around. My preference would be to take the order as it is and preclude our draft from live trading. Makes it untidy when people trade for the sake of it. Will be enough calculations to be done with the various bids going on.

Would like to nominate North Melb or GWS please. Will be here most of the time so would like to keep things moving with the more active clubs, rather than wait for some more casual participants as often happens in the past.

The other suggestion is to wait until the AFL Draft Central resource comes out for all to refer to as a great prompt.

Bit tough this year with so little known of many, but happy to go around. My preference would be to take the order as it is and preclude our draft from live trading. Makes it untidy when people trade for the sake of it. Will be enough calculations to be done with the various bids going on.

We've never included live trading. I'd love to do it but it makes things far too difficult.

Would like to nominate North Melb or GWS please. Will be here most of the time so would like to keep things moving with the more active clubs, rather than wait for some more casual participants as often happens in the past.

Will give you North and you can take GWS too if we need to fill them to get things going.

The other suggestion is to wait until the AFL Draft Central resource comes out for all to refer to as a great prompt.

I think there's enough info out there to do without it for now, particularly the first round or so. Will be out on Monday apparently anyway, and I'm not sure we'll be underway by then...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in although it's hard unless you see players live......but what the hell.

2020 has really thrown all the talent spotting rules out the window, hasn't it?

I mean because of COVID I haven't had time or energy to watch youtube highlights!!!

:p

I will have a crack this year if there is a spare spot

Just pull a name out of the hat

Great.

Will give you a team with an academy, my guess is you've seen more of the academy kids than most and will therefore be in a better position to judge bids that come through.

To be honest, I've had more pressing matters than following the draft this year so my knowledge won't be nearly as high as I tend to think it is.

I'll take Richmond. If THE_GUN sees someone that jumps out at him at their pick happy to have him jump in and make the pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back