Competitions 2020 Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimmae spreadsheet please. :)
Wasn't setup to receive email notifications, my bad! Is the pinned image a chart of what picks will be used? Am I supposed to use the greyed out section in each row as a guide?

Doggies matching that bid consumes picks 26, 33, 41 and turns 42 into 48.

Wasn't setup to receive email notifications, my bad! Is the pinned image a chart of what picks will be used? Am I supposed to use the greyed out section in each row as a guide?

Doggies matching that bid consumes picks 26, 33, 41 and turns 42 into 48.

The chart is just an image taken from the DTFA board of where each pick sits pre-draft.

We really need a spreadsheet to account for bids.

The chart is just an image taken from the DTFA board of where each pick sits pre-draft.

We really need a spreadsheet to account for bids.
I linked the sheet earlier? Just finished updating it.

26, 33, 41, 42 becomes 3, 48, 96, 97.

Pick 5 - Hawthorn - Riley Thilthorpe

I really wanted DGB, but knew he wouldn't be getting past Arr0w... *shakes fist*

So.... there's an age old debate about needs vs best available. No debate here, coz Hawks need EVERYTHING!

I really really like Phillips, but at this point for Hawthorn I can't go past Riley Thilthorpe.

He's tall, he's a good mark, good on the lead, is competitive, athletic. He can also go into the ruck and is the 'extra midfielder' ala Kreuzer or Grundy.

He's someone the Hawks can build their forward line around and an opportunity to shore up the spine is hard to go past. Mitch Lewis looks promising, but I am not sold on Patton's durability or O'Brien being a long-term solution.

So I pick Thilthorpe and just hope whomever calls out his name on draft night doesn't have a lisp...

TerryWallet... All yours.

I linked the sheet earlier? Just finished updating it.

26, 33, 41, 42 becomes 3, 48, 96, 97.

Don't think you did, maybe I missed it.

Anyway - thank you. Tracker has been added to the OP and stickied to the top of each page of this thread.

Pick 5 - Hawthorn - Riley Thilthorpe

I really wanted DGB, but knew he wouldn't be getting past Arr0w... *shakes fist*

So.... there's an age old debate about needs vs best available. No debate here, coz Hawks need EVERYTHING!

I really really like Phillips, but at this point for Hawthorn I can't go past Riley Thilthorpe.

He's tall, he's a good mark, good on the lead, is competitive, athletic. He can also go into the ruck and is the 'extra midfielder' ala Kreuzer or Grundy.

He's someone the Hawks can build their forward line around and an opportunity to shore up the spine is hard to go past. Mitch Lewis looks promising, but I am not sold on Patton's durability or O'Brien being a long-term solution.

So I pick Thilthorpe and just hope whomever calls out his name on draft night doesn't have a lisp...

TerryWallet... All yours.

The Kreuz comparison appears spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 6: Gold Coast Will Phillips

Thilthorpe is the guy i wanted for Gold Coast. I think he would be perfect for them as their big guy stocks are low. Thought he would be gone though.

Anywho, am very happy to take Will Phillips here. I think Stewie Dew's main mission at Gold Coast has been to make them a Club. Instill their version of a Bloods Culture and stop the revolving door and "here for a holiday" feel. I get a sense he is making progress with this group on that.

Phillips aint a "here for a holiday" kinda guy. He's more of an animal towards his footy. His body and mind is ready to go and ready to perform.

I think he rounds out their young ball winners very nicely with his Oakleigh mates Rowell and Anderson, and young Alex Davies. Fair 4some for a decade.

Campbell was considered as a bid but Phillips is our guy. Confident he'll be a keeper and a performer and a allround leader.

Over to Sin City for the *'s picks.

Pick 8 - Essendon - Archie Perkins
Pick 9 - Essendon - Zach Reid
Pick 10 - Essendon - Oliver Henry

Two versatile medium sized players with midfield ability, both very dynamic which I like in early picks and both get the all important ticks for size/skill/speed which I also bang on about with early picks. Both suited to the top level in football ability and athleticism. Happy with Reid too as a versatile, athletic tall with a strong pair of hands.

Blugazi

Tough choice here with a number of handy/solid talls, Thiltorpe, Cox and Grainger-Barras

#4 Sydney select Grainger-Barras

Write up later

ferrisb

You really should put your hand up for the phantom draft on the D&T board for next year.
They couldn't even get a Carlton poster to do our selections this year.

OK, here we go. I've been looking forward to this.

I have done my research and I'm finding this year particularly difficult to evaluate.

For mine there's a clear top 2 in this draft. The Hyphens sit head and shoulders above all other prospects this year and outside of them you can throw a blanket over a heap.

As a result my rankings are probably a bit different to most and whilst I'm not as invested picking for GWS as I was last year for Carlton (I really should have backed myself in and taken Philp and Honey) I'm not quite prepared to go for a bolter with a pick as high as 11.

GWS need to once again replenish their midfield but to be honest I'm not in love with any of the mids talked about as going in this range and I think with my next picks I can look to that area of the ground. I'm all about value and I think there's plenty of it around.

So I'm going tall here because not only do the Giants need to bolster their midfield but they also need to look to their defensive key position stocks. Davis is a club stalwart and a warrior but he's injury prone and getting on now. Corr has just left. Keeffe is big but I don't rate him at all.

It's slim pickings and I actually am semi expecting the Giants to look to move up the order on draft night if DGB is still available around pick 4/5.

Instead though I'll go a guy who I rate in that 5-10 bracket and who could be anything. I've sort of pigeon-holed him as a defender but the reality is he's so raw that he could be developed to play just about anywhere on the park.

His disposal and movement is terrific for someone of 200cm but he's very raw and needs a few years to fill out and settle into a position I feel.

But the talent is clearly there so I'll jump on him as clearly the best tall remaining on the board IMO.

I think probably North and Fremantle don't pick him before my next pick but I won't take that risk here.

Pick 12: GWS - Nik Cox

Next up Coona Blues with North Melbourne.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back