Competitions 2020 Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Whilst he is not the highest ranked player left on my board, this is definitely his range (I have him ranked 10-20) and I feel he's clearly the least likely of the players I'm looking at to last to my next selection.

If Gun doesn't get in before me... that's exactly who I had pegged.

Good pick.

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
Time for the Giants' third pick and I'll take a player who I feel is a pretty safe selection here.

Whilst he is not the highest ranked player left on my board, this is definitely his range (I have him ranked 10-20) and I feel he's clearly the least likely of the players I'm looking at to last to my next selection.

He may not be the most skilled player in this draft class but he's a bloody hard worker who is also pretty decent athletically and I feel as though through sheer will alone he'll be able to make a decent career for himself.

With pick 18 GWS selects Nathan O'Driscoll.

Back to RoyalParade for Collingwood's second selection.
Cannot believe Collingwood allowed two live picks before Reef McInnes bid

Geez

Could you just pick the player then do a war and peace write up Quigley

You will read what I write and you will like it.

If Gun doesn't get in before me... that's exactly who I had pegged.

Good pick.

Think he'd be a good fit for the Tigers, but I hold another pick before you so he was never getting that far down the order
I'm a little uninspired but I feel he's a safe pick.

Cannot believe Collingwood allowed two live picks before Reef McInnes bid

Good point. I rate Reef in that 20-30 range but with a few remaining who I clearly rate ahead of him I was never going to do it.

I'd rage if I bid on him and it wasn't matched. Wouldn't happen in the real thing but who knows with a phantom.

Think he'd be a good fit for the Tigers, but I hold another pick before you so he was never getting that far down the order

Eh, pick 19 is Collingwood then pick 20 is Richmond. Where's GWS's next pick?

Sorry, yes. Thought I had another pick in there. Lucky I picked him when I did, then. :cool:

I agree with your assessment. Safe pick. Could backup a few roles on that Richmond team without ******* it up and the work ethic sees him through

There's more upside players available but a team like Richmond (and GWS too) would view a lower upside, higher baseline player as a better selection.

If RoyalParade drafts anyone but McInnes I'll bid for him just to speed this process up.

I'll be back after dinner.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Absolutely.

Play on...
Collingwood give up picks 61, 66, 71 for 20, 96, 97, and a 471 point deficit on their first round pick next year.

Next time you have a pick coming up soon, DM them to someone who can respond in a timely fashion and doesn't have their own pick coming up soon, because leaving everyone waiting around 5 hours is both disrespectful and leaves us looking at a phantom draft that doesn't finish before the actual draft.

Not only is this self-evident, this was mentioned in the opening post and has been done so for years, so you've got no excuses.

Over to you, Wickzki.

I have just run this top 20 against my consensus phantom*.

Of the 20 players picked so far..... 19 of them are in the consensus top 20.

So basically, we have selected the kids that most people expect to be in the top 20. Pretty impressive, I thought we would have missed 2-3.

Only one smokey picked so far.....Not too hard to figure out who, but bonus points^ to anyone who can guess.

* I have taken 16 phantoms and combined them into an average or consensus ranking.
^ Bonus points have no value and cannot be exchanged for anything of value, except for ferrisb's respect. Which, incidentally, has no value....

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I have just run this top 20 against my consensus phantom*.

Of the 20 players picked so far..... 19 of them are in the consensus top 20.

So basically, we have selected the kids that most people expect to be in the top 20. Pretty impressive, I thought we would have missed 2-3.

Only one smokey picked so far.....Not too hard to figure out who, but bonus points^ to anyone who can guess.

* I have taken 16 phantoms and combined them into an average or consensus ranking.
^ Bonus points have no value and cannot be exchanged for anything of value, except for ferrisb's respect. Which, incidentally, has no value....
Thats probably because we all read the same phantom drafts and get conditioned to the same players going in the same range , You will probably find that a player like Durdin or a Neale or another random jumps up 15 spots who nobody expected

Back