Competitions 2020 Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Collingwood give up picks 61, 66, 71 for 20, 96, 97, and a 471 point deficit on their first round pick next year.

Next time you have a pick coming up soon, DM them to someone who can respond in a timely fashion and doesn't have their own pick coming up soon, because leaving everyone waiting around 5 hours is both disrespectful and leaves us looking at a phantom draft that doesn't finish before the actual draft.

Not only is this self-evident, this was mentioned in the opening post and has been done so for years, so you've got no excuses.

Over to you, Wickzki.

This will be really interesting as the Scum want to trade their 1st rounder in 2021 due to Nick Daicos looking like a top 5 pick
what happens to the deficit ? does it just come off their 2nd pick next year ?

Cheating scum

Richmond selects Jack Carroll

From Cal Twomey:

187cm/79kg
20/12/02
East Fremantle/Western Australia
Midfielder

It is Carroll's contested ball-winning which gives him an edge over plenty of others around this mark of the draft. He averaged 23 disposals this season for East Fremantle's Colts side, of which 60 per cent were contested, and he can weave through traffic and find a way to get through trouble and make space. Carroll has also spent time playing across half-back, meaning he provides another option for the club which picks him.

Where does he go? Carroll will be likely to fit somewhere in the first half of the second round. St Kilda at pick 21 seems his most likely starting point, while Brisbane (No.25) is also interested.

Seriously considered putting in a bid here for Downie who I genuinely rate but THE_GUN and I both had Carroll as our best "free" player available.

gandaal

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Richmond selects Jack Carroll

From Cal Twomey:

Seriously considered putting in a bid here for Downie who I genuinely rate but THE_GUN and I both had Carroll as our best "free" player available.

gandaal
Really like Jack Carroll as he is a beautiful kick and a good size as well as having a good balance of inside outside game from what has been reported as well as good agility and leap. He is also a December birth date which makes him one of the youngest players available so you would presume he still has alot more growth both in size and game. Richmond have done very well taking these younger boys with late birthdays in recent years with Shai Bolton & Noah Balta also december. Ohh and the Tigers love kids named Jack

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
gandaal selects

Bailey Laurie and the Connor Stone

Write up later

Jeremias

Good pick on Conor Stone gandaal. I've been spruiking him since this time last year on here. For whatever reasons he was virtually unmentioned by most of the ITK guys on the draft board most of the year and not even in most Top 50's.

Then all of a sudden in the last 2 days, Shifter Sheehan picks him 1st Round in his mock, Twomey slips him into his Top 30 for the first time, and now he's been reported as being "closely looked at by multiple clubs in the Top 15."

Classy prospect. I was gonna pick him at 27 for Gold Coast in this Phantom before they traded it today.

Just get on with it

You love the suspense.

Anyway, I have opted not to bid here on someone who I think probably hasn't been talked about enough. On talent I think he should have gone far earlier.

Thought long and hard about it but I'm kind of interested to see where a bid does come.

Instead I'm going with my other guy in the 2020 draft. Probably not a need for the Giants but again I'm going with my gut here and picking who I believe could well develop into one of the best players in the draft.

Last year it was Philp and Honey. This year its Poulter and...

Pick 24 - GWS - Jake Bowey

I really, really like this kid. There's not much of him at 175cm but he's just got so much going for him that I think he overcomes the lack of height and makes the grade.

Skill. Decision making. Pace. Aggression. All big ticks.

Can do serious damage himself but also brings others into the game. All the time.

He's a top 10 player in this draft IMO with the only thing stopping most from seeing it that way is his height. But surely people are now learning that if you're good enough the lack of height won't stop you.

Does he go this high on draft night? I think he should but I'm not so sure.

Does he last the 8 or so picks until my next? I doubt it. And I'm not willing to take that chance.

Happy days.

St Kilda on the clock. Ninja Worrier you're up!

RoyalParade

Cancelled
Feb 19, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Collingwood give up picks 61, 66, 71 for 20, 96, 97, and a 471 point deficit on their first round pick next year.

Next time you have a pick coming up soon, DM them to someone who can respond in a timely fashion and doesn't have their own pick coming up soon, because leaving everyone waiting around 5 hours is both disrespectful and leaves us looking at a phantom draft that doesn't finish before the actual draft.

Not only is this self-evident, this was mentioned in the opening post and has been done so for years, so you've got no excuses.

Over to you, Wickzki.
I'll keep it in mind.....

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
You love the suspense.

Anyway, I have opted not to bid here on someone who I think probably hasn't been talked about enough. On talent I think he should have gone far earlier.

Thought long and hard about it but I'm kind of interested to see where a bid does come.

Instead I'm going with my other guy in the 2020 draft. Probably not a need for the Giants but again I'm going with my gut here and picking who I believe could well develop into one of the best players in the draft.

Last year it was Philp and Honey. This year its Poulter and...

Pick 24 - GWS - Jake Bowey

I really, really like this kid. There's not much of him at 175cm but he's just got so much going for him that I think he overcomes the lack of height and makes the grade.

Skill. Decision making. Pace. Aggression. All big ticks.

Can do serious damage himself but also brings others into the game. All the time.

He's a top 10 player in this draft IMO with the only thing stopping most from seeing it that way is his height. But surely people are now learning that if you're good enough the lack of height won't stop you.

Does he go this high on draft night? I think he should but I'm not so sure.

Does he last the 8 or so picks until my next? I doubt it. And I'm not willing to take that chance.

Happy days.

St Kilda on the clock. Ninja Worrier you're up!
I actually think he will get selected by St Kilda , They are unlucky his dad didnt play another 20 games

also Ninja has not been on here for 25 hours

Nope. But if it's not Errol you can probably guess who it is.

Decisions, decisions...

I'm assuming it's an interstate NGA who's cousin (I'm led to believe) previously played for Carlton.

gandaal selects

Bailey Laurie and the Connor Stone

Write up later

Jeremias
I'm usually more of a fan of inside mids, and tough defenders in the second round. Seems to be gold in those positions after the first round.

However this is an extraordinary year, and Melbourne's needs dictate that I go in another direction. At these picks Melbourne has the opportunity to select some hidden gems that would be shining brightly if they'd had a full season to show what they've got. They've been overtaken by WA and SA lads because at least they've played footy, but the talent and ability is still there.

Last year provided a small sample size, especially for Conor, but both showed potential as matching winners even at that early stage. Laurie averaged 15 possessions a game as a bottom ager with limited midfield time in that great Chargers side playing mostly forward is a very good sign of what was to come. Conor walked into the u18s and kicked 5 goals on debut.

In a normal year I think both would've been mid firsts and I'm happy to take them here.

1606951347004.png

Back