2020 celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

Club needs to replace the pavers with names on them. Over 20 years old now. I would pay to have new ones. Think they were $75 for Magpies and $150 for Power ones.
Was just thinking the same. Gee would be nice if the club had the money to redo them for it's members.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Using the blue and white hoops ******* sucks

A birthday isn't about celebrating your birth, it's about celebrating your life. Our life is the prison bar guernsey.

As I've said, if we wear the blue and white hoops in 2020 without an announcement that we'll wear the prison bars on a regular basis, I'm out until the current regime is out.

They know exactly what this means to the supporters.

Club needs to replace the pavers with names on them. Over 20 years old now. I would pay to have new ones. Think they were $75 for Magpies and $150 for Power ones.
The logos at the club entrance and on the Allan Scott Headquarters could do with a spruce up as well: peeling & faded is not a good look

Then why throw a tanti when you’re aware the club knows? For all we know it could be forced by a Collingwood syndrome!

I'm actually more indifferent than most to the co-captains issue, but clearly it shows the club isn't above engaging in wildly unpopular 'compromises' despite being well aware of the incoming supporter backlash.

If it's forced by Collingwood, come out and say that and get it into the media instead of looking weak on the issue. If the AFL won't let us wear our most famous guernsey in our 150th year, then the media pressure on them to stop being such dicks about it needs to be enormous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spoke with someone who went.

The plan is to wear the prison bars in a Showdown.

They also plan to wear the blue and white hoops in a game which I believe is completely the wrong move. Nobody associates that jumper with Port Adelaide and it completely muddys the waters even further. It's a dumb ******* idea but then again what do you expect from these clowns running the show.

They also plan to wear the blue and white hoops in a game which I believe is completely the wrong move. Nobody associates that jumper with Port Adelaide and it completely muddys the waters even further. It's a dumb ******* idea but then again what do you expect from these clowns running the show.

Well, what a cop out. I'm disappointed in myself for getting excited about this.

But thanks for reporting back Papa G.

Maybe we should just pack this s**t away for now and hope we're in a better situation for the 200th, if we haven't been wound up by then. In any case I'll be 88 by then and more interested in not shitting myself or pushing up daisies, than anything football.

wow

They decided to charge members to announce that rubbish...

We really have became Crows Lite.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
They always have pre match functions for Maggies games. They didn't just do the function for the announcement. They tried to sell extra seats by saying we are going to make some big announcements. I don't think they sold that many extra seats.

They always have pre match functions for Maggies games. They didn't just do the function for the announcement. They tried to sell extra seats by saying we are going to make some big announcements. I don't think they sold that many extra seats.
My interpretation of the marketing for the event is more sinister than yours REH.

By ‘sinister’ I mean ‘desperate’ ... ‘disingenuous’ ... ‘amateur’ ... and, yes, crowslite.

My interpretation of the marketing for the event is more sinister than yours REH.

By ‘sinister’ I mean ‘desperate’ ... ‘disingenuous’ ... ‘amateur’ ... and, yes, crowslite.
They got desperate no doubt, but they have a function every game.

The Norwood one, is one of the better attended pre games. At $80 per ticket they probably were only going to get an extra 50 people by pushing it hard. Would be interesting to compare the numbers to last years pre game when we played Norwood at home.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back