2020 celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm .. just found the last email I got on this (13 August). It came from the Club's membership email address, not from the publisher:

"Thank you for your order of the Port Adelaide Archives Collection.

We are extremely proud of the finished product, with considerable time taken to ensure it is the legacy collection that will do justice to the 150 year story of the Port Adelaide Football Club. There were some delays caused by the COVID shutdown period but production and printing has commenced and we are expecting delivery in early November.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I assure you it will be well and truly worth the wait.

If you have any queries regarding the Collection, please contact our Member Services team on 1300 467 232.

Matthew Richardson"

I figured they might want something in there about the B&F so didn't worry when it was delayed a bit, but an update would be nice. Maybe a question for Richo if we haven't heard anymore by the meet-up date.

The lack of communication from both the club and the retailer if disappointing but the delay is not surprising.

I have just had my own self published book delivered and there were significant delays in both printing and delivery due to Covid.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

I just got a response from Mark from Iconic Treasures....

Hi,

Apologies for delay in responding but we have been working with PAFC re timelines and they have decided they will reply with responses.
PAFC will be sending a EDM to all purchasers shortly with dates etc.

Again apologies for the delay in response.

Kind Regards,

MARK ROBERTS

MANAGING DIRECTOR | ICONIC TREASURES

Hi,

Apologies for delay in responding but we have been working with PAFC re timelines and they have decided they will reply with responses.

Kind Regards,

MARK ROBERTS

Mark Robinson no wonder its delayed piss head ;)

Hi,

Kind Regards,

MARK ROBERTS

I just got the same email... Again, great customer service...

Hi,

Kind Regards,

MARK ROBERTS

Clearly reads BF.😉

China stole Christmas...

Dear Grave,

Last week the Club was informed that the expected late November delivery of the Archives Collection will now not be achieved.

The production is complete, but delays in packaging and freight out of China into Australia now mean that delivery into the Sydney warehouse is not due until 24 December.

Delivery from the Sydney dispatch centre will commence the week commencing Monday 28th December and customers should expect their Archives Collection to arrive within a week from dispatch.

We are extremely disappointed with this news and apologise to our members and supporters who have paid up front expecting the finished product by the end of the season.

We appreciate this product has been earmarked for birthdays and then Christmas gifts in many cases.

It has been a complex project, firstly due to the massive scale of producing the Archives Collection and also the subsequent COVID-related challenges we faced through the year further delayed the project.

On Friday we received a completed sample of the Archives Collection which is now available to view at the Port Store - It is outstanding and has far exceeded our expectations. If your preference is to now seek a refund, please contact the Port Store at Alberton via email portstore@pafc.com.au or phone 08 8447 9911.

Alternatively, we would like to provide a $30 Port Store voucher as a small compensation to thank you for your patience, please see below. If you live interstate or are unable to get to the Port Store the voucher can be redeemed over the phone.

We greatly appreciate your support of our club in such a challenging year and again apologise for the inconvenience this delay may cause.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact the club.

Regards,

Matthew Richardson

Email from Richo this morning. Shipment will commence December 28, Club is very apologetic to those who were hoping to make it a Christmas gift.

There is the option to cancel for a refund if you don't want to wait, but if you choose to wait, there's a $30 voucher to the store for you.

A bummer, for sure, but well handled by the Club IMHO. I'll still look forward to mine :thumbsu:

Email mentions there is one on display at the store if you want to see it for yourself.

EDIT: GD beat me to it :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

China stole Christmas...

Dear Grave,

Last week the Club was informed that the expected late November delivery of the Archives Collection will now not be achieved.

The production is complete, but delays in packaging and freight out of China into Australia now mean that delivery into the Sydney warehouse is not due until 24 December.

Delivery from the Sydney dispatch centre will commence the week commencing Monday 28th December and customers should expect their Archives Collection to arrive within a week from dispatch.

We are extremely disappointed with this news and apologise to our members and supporters who have paid up front expecting the finished product by the end of the season.

We appreciate this product has been earmarked for birthdays and then Christmas gifts in many cases.

It has been a complex project, firstly due to the massive scale of producing the Archives Collection and also the subsequent COVID-related challenges we faced through the year further delayed the project.

On Friday we received a completed sample of the Archives Collection which is now available to view at the Port Store - It is outstanding and has far exceeded our expectations. If your preference is to now seek a refund, please contact the Port Store at Alberton via email portstore@pafc.com.au or phone 08 8447 9911.

Alternatively, we would like to provide a $30 Port Store voucher as a small compensation to thank you for your patience, please see below. If you live interstate or are unable to get to the Port Store the voucher can be redeemed over the phone.

We greatly appreciate your support of our club in such a challenging year and again apologise for the inconvenience this delay may cause.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact the club.

Regards,

Matthew Richardson

Ah. Well that explains things.
WIhat the hell, I will wait another month - it will be worth the wait, but would understand if people were jacked off and sought a refund.

Just out of curiosity, is this a general email on the Club website, or will they send this to all members who purchased the Collection, or was it just a personal one to yourself GD (since you sent the original request to the Club)?

Cheers.

Ah. Well that explains things.
WIhat the hell, I will wait another month - it will be worth the wait, but would understand if people were jacked off and sought a refund.

Just out of curiosity, is this a general email on the Club website, or will they send this to all members who purchased the Collection, or was it just a personal one to yourself GD (since you sent the original request to the Club)?

Cheers.

The email came from the Port Store, so I'm guessing they'll send one to everyone who ordered the book.

The email came from the Port Store, so I'm guessing they'll send one to everyone who ordered the book.
I got the same email today so looks as if it's going out to everyone who ordered. Unfortunate about the delay, but understandable, and well handled by the club.

Cheers for that.

Yes I did get one this morning, albeit it was sent late yesterday, but I hadn't opened my emails since 5pm, and additionally my PC keeps sh****** itself (network wifi adapter drops out continually) so it may not have been able to get into my inbox promptly).

Were the vouchers sent out in the same email?
I only ask as I have had email issues the last few weeks (sorted now) so didn't get any email the other day from the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back