2020 celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

this regime are old school old timers, they run a few years behind, i remember there was a stage in time a few years back where we mostly all loved the "BiB" jumper and discussed the idea of wearing the PB's a few times a year i.e. home Showdowns i distinctly recall. the club probably grabbed at this and ran without evolving it much. they probably thought BOTH Showdowns was a "big win" and giving us what we wanted and more. i think that's how they operate.

I have come to loathe showdowns - we have far too many of them and the results are a formality. If we aren't willing to push for PBs as our home uniform for the season, then at the very least we should wear them for marquee games (of our choosing) that we might be up and about for (eg Anzac Day, China, playing this year's Premiers etc). As has been said, when the Club sees merch sales they might understand what it means to many of us.

This is all David. He might claim to have black and white blood, but the bright teal lights of the east coast ate him up long ago... Our problem is KT is weak, unable and unwilling to stand up to Koch. Time for this administration to fall on their swords and give us our club back. Missing finals, losing our major sponsor and posting a financial loss should surely be the catalyst for change...

This is all David. He might claim to have black and white blood, but the bright teal lights of the east coast ate him up long ago... Our problem is KT is weak, unable and unwilling to stand up to Koch. Time for this administration to fall on their swords and give us our club back. Missing finals, losing our major sponsor and posting a financial loss should surely be the catalyst for change...
The problem is as members we have no ability to hold these directors/CEO/Chairman accountable. They don't answer to us anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The reason the AFL tell us to piss off regarding the prison bars is not because there is some iron clad agreement in place, it's because we are going up against their poster club. Collingwood gets looked after above all others. As an example look at Collingwood's fixture this year. In their first 11 matches 9, that's right 9, have been stand alone, FTA nationally broadcast games. The AFL believes what is good for Collingwood is good for the AFL. Due to the clubs ineptness over the past decade, we are so far down the pecking order we don't even register at AFL House. Why would the AFL support us against their favourite club? The jewel in their Victorian Football Crown? The wouldn't and they don't.

The reason the AFL tell us to ******** regarding the prison bars is not because there is some iron clad agreement in place, it's because we are going up against their poster club. Collingwood gets looked after above all others. As an example look at Collingwood's fixture this year. In their first 11 matches 9, that's right 9, have been stand alone, FTA nationally broadcast games. The AFL believes what is good for Collingwood is good for the AFL. Due to the clubs ineptness over the past decade, we are so far down the pecking order we don't even register at AFL House. Why would the AFL support us against their favourite club? The jewel in their Victorian Football Crown? The wouldn't and they don't.
And being bullied off the field usually translates to being bullied on it.

The reason the AFL tell us to ******** regarding the prison bars is not because there is some iron clad agreement in place, it's because we are going up against their poster club. Collingwood gets looked after above all others. As an example look at Collingwood's fixture this year. In their first 11 matches 9, that's right 9, have been stand alone, FTA nationally broadcast games. The AFL believes what is good for Collingwood is good for the AFL. Due to the clubs ineptness over the past decade, we are so far down the pecking order we don't even register at AFL House. Why would the AFL support us against their favourite club? The jewel in their Victorian Football Crown? The wouldn't and they don't.

I think the reality is that the AFL is still just an amateur organisation in comparison to other professional leagues around the world.

Look at the NHL. They allowed the Tampa Bay Lightning to change their black, blue and silver livery to what is essentially a carbon copy of the Toronto Maple Leafs, one of the “Original Six” franchises, just because. There was no favouritism, no hiding behind “they were here first” rhetoric, just got on with it.

If a brand change like that can be authorised, without the weight of heritage and tradition behind it, then there is absolutely no reason why we should be denied.

Who the hell respects let alone fears anyone let alone a football club chronically unable to extract itself from debt.

I think the reality is that the AFL is still just an amateur organisation in comparison to other professional leagues around the world.

Look at the NHL. They allowed the Tampa Bay Lightning to change their black, blue and silver livery to what is essentially a carbon copy of the Toronto Maple Leafs, one of the “Original Six” franchises, just because. There was no favouritism, no hiding behind “they were here first” rhetoric, just got on with it.

If a brand change like that can be authorised, without the weight of heritage and tradition behind it, then there is absolutely no reason why we should be denied.
Spare a thought for all those Canadians that now support a team in Florida because they can't tell the difference anymore.

Oh wait, it's only Collingwood supporters that are that stupid according to Eddie.

Spare a thought for all those Canadians that now support a team in Florida because they can't tell the difference anymore.

Oh wait, it's only Collingwood supporters that are that stupid according to Eddie.

I’d told thousands of Torontonians bought Tampa Bay merch by mistake.

That's what happens when HQ moves from Montreal, to Toronto and then New York. They see the big ($$$) picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood's AFLW team has been shown on national free to air telecasts more times than little old blue collar working class Port Adelaide have this year.

But yes, us wearing the prison bars against the Gold Coast SUNS at Metricon Stadium on the early Sunday Foxtel game is really going to dent Collingwood's image.

So the Club has gone all out and maybe we can wear the Pb's twice next year, both times against the Crows!!

Yeah, this will end well.

They live in such a little fabricated world down at Alberton. It's almost like they don't think anything through and every decision is made out of romantic, feel good vibes with almost no thought to the real world or how that decision will likely end up.

They're not even trying anymore.

It's all perception, and hoping the targeted audience (us) are stupid morons.

Embarrassing administration to add to the list of embarrassments this Club seems to take joy in delivering.

I couldn't care less about pretty much everything posted by the club.
New logo, Meh, leave the magpie alone and remove the teal and fisted bolt from the power logo. That's all
Upgrading the Alberton precinct, yeah building a half oval is pretty much the most pointless thing I've ever heard.
The only thing that matters, the most important thing is to get us back in our proper guernsey, that's it, the rest is fluff.
Make it happen ports.

IF we're limited to wearing the PB once or twice a year I would rather we wear it just the once in the Anzac day game.
I'd rather we not wear it against the Crows, there's no history with the PB and the Crows.
Yeah honestly I reckon wearing PBs against the Crows does more for their fans than ours. Unites the rabble in the conglomerate behind the whole reason they exist.

Yeah honestly I reckon wearing PBs against the Crows does more for their fans than ours. Unites the rabble in the conglomerate behind the whole reason they exist.
In 2020, when we play the Crows, I would like to see us wearing the jumper we had when we beat them in the first showdown.

This is how I feel too. It's how I felt when we started wearing the number panel for Showdowns only.

The only hope I have is that wearing the bars in a Showdown is just testing the waters until the AFL can no longer deny our right to wear them full time.

The only hope I have is that wearing the bars in a Showdown is just testing the waters until the AFL can no longer deny our right to wear them full time.
I don’t really know what it could prove though.

Prison bars vs the Kangaroos or Freo or Swans with a visible crowd bump would be more useful to the club’s case and coffers, I’d reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back