Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Re the 2004 guernsey, are we going to become one of those clubs that wins a premiership once every 70 years and proceeds to deify that team/year as though its the birth of baby Jesus or something? What part that guernsey has in our 150th year celebrations has me stuffed.

First home guernsey worn in the AFL, first guernsey worn for an AFL premiership.

Struggling to see how it doesn't play a part.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
First home guernsey worn in the AFL, first guernsey worn for an AFL premiership.

Struggling to see how it doesn't play a part.

Except that the part it's going to play is being the alternative that the benevolent AFL allows us to wear because we just can't sort out a deal to wear the prison bars. "Look how great we were at letting Port Power celebrate their history".

Kochie will probably wheel out the Farris bros in another poor reproduction of the SBS jumper for some reason. The Cornes bros will be the face of it. Hinkley will coach us to a 12-10 record for 10th.

Seriously the SBS guernsey can get absolutely f***ed as far as this celebration is concerned. I'm not even happy with talk about the 1870 meaningless hoops that nobody cares about. If we aren't allowed to wear the bars, i'd almost suggest we do literally nothing and refuse to celebrate the occasion at all as a protest.

Except that the part it's going to play is being the alternative that the benevolent AFL allows us to wear because we just can't sort out a deal to wear the prison bars. "Look how great we were at letting Port Power celebrate their history".

Kochie will probably wheel out the Farris bros in another poor reproduction of the SBS jumper for some reason. The Cornes bros will be the face of it. Hinkley will coach us to a 12-10 record for 10th.

Seriously the SBS guernsey can get absolutely f***ed as far as this celebration is concerned. I'm not even happy with talk about the 1870 meaningless hoops that nobody cares about. If we aren't allowed to wear the bars, i'd almost suggest we do literally nothing and refuse to celebrate the occasion at all as a protest.

Could go with a PETA 'I'd rather go naked than wear fur' type deal. Either we wear the bars or we wear nothing at all. Would help us get a few more female fans through the gates too.

I've got an idea for the 2020 TVC.

A player walks into the locker room, walks up to his locker and it shows the back of a jumper hung up on it. The Port panel with a No.1 on it.

Then the player puts on his jumper, and turns around facing the camera. He's wearing the Prison Bars.

(Insert player saying tagline here) and we are off to the races. Who the captain is however, who knows.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

A player walks into the locker room, walks up to his locker and it shows the back of a jumper hung up on it. The Port panel with a No.1 on it.

Then the player puts on his jumper, and turns around facing the camera. He's wearing the Prison Bars.

(Insert player saying tagline here) and we are off to the races. Who the captain is however, who knows.

Plot twist it’s Cam Sutcliffe.

The Burger King

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Better than ripping off Liverpool word for word.

The Burger King

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

You should email that to the club.

You should email that to the club.
Given we have co-captains and KT seems to not care about the Prison Bars, I think they'd delete the email straight away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne had a big 150th function on Saturday night. Like us they have a team of the century (we have 130 years 1870-2000) and a hall of fame, but they decided to name their 10 best players and rank them. Wonder if we will do something similar, or maybe split them between best SANFL and AFL greats say 10+5 rather than 10+10.

We will start the year with the season launch / hall of fame new inductees function like the last 2 years.

This is who North picked, dominated by their Barassi 1970's /early 80's era and Pagan 90's/ early 200's era. Greats like Barry Cable and Gary Dempsey were only considered for their North games not their whole career.

Gabual

Rookie
May 6, 2012
Pooraka
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can the PAFC really go into the 150 years celebrations with a coach that has done sweet FA, doesn’t comprehend what PA fans are all about and seems to want to change the legacy of past great coaches and captains. Add to,this duel captains who wouldnt inspire a starving man to eat, along with a group of players who haven’t read the memo that this club has built a reputation on being proud tough and hard with a never say die attitude. All the fan fare,glitz and look at all the flags we have won over the past 150:years will look very sad if the mediocre attitude of all concerned does t change and change quickly. Do we really want to have to sack the coach mid season if the team is not performing.? 2020 maybe the year that makes or breaks this once proud great club.

We sacked Choco in our 140th year and got smashed in the game celebrating the 140th anniversary in the bloody torrential rain in May 2010. I was freezing back at the celebration and opening of the new player facility area to members.

Is it true that we'll see the new logo in October?
That would make sense to release it when the new membership packages are released.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can the PAFC really go into the 150 years celebrations with a coach that has done sweet FA, doesn’t comprehend what PA fans are all about and seems to want to change the legacy of past great coaches and captains. Add to,this duel captains who wouldnt inspire a starving man to eat, along with a group of players who haven’t read the memo that this club has built a reputation on being proud tough and hard with a never say die attitude. All the fan fare,glitz and look at all the flags we have won over the past 150:years will look very sad if the mediocre attitude of all concerned does t change and change quickly. Do we really want to have to sack the coach mid season if the team is not performing.? 2020 maybe the year that makes or breaks this once proud great club.
I vote the co-captains duel until only one is left standing.

Then that ones traded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back