2020 celebrations

The Burger King

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can you re do this with 75% of the teal as black outside part of the logo and leave the remainder as teal. I reckon a black outline with a bit of teal inside will look a lot better than making the teal so prominent.
PA logo.png

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

The balance is totally off. The current logo is actually designed really well given what the brief would have been. This one has already aged horribly and I only saw it for the first time yesterday.

The PA monogram is a great cap logo but it looks clunky when it's encapsulated. That's fine, it wasn't designed to be put onto a shield with other elements.

We've also just shoehorned the first 2 elements you'd get at a member level brainstorming session into a generic shield logo.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Some celebration. We remember 150 years of history by creating a new logo. We tear up what we have in the name of celebrating what we once had.

We are what we are, and that is what we should celebrate. If some 'Norwood flog' wants to raise money by introducing a special logo do it on some 150 year Tees and Caps but leave the official stuff alone.

25 years isn't that long but it is a start which will take another 25 years to catch up if we make significant changes.

I know how the Power colours, nickname and logo evolved and it wasn't entirely via some PR company. Nor was it a corporate decision made by a Board of Directors headed by a media personality. It was a decision made and recommended by a working party of ordinary Members in the days when someone thought the Members should have a say. The colours, nickname etc. were decided upon by those people and passed to the image modifiers for fine tuning. I cannot remember the name of the PR mob the Club used but ironically they were based out at Norwood.

I remember being asked by a member of working party what colours I thought we should add to black and white. At first I thought of red but as St Kilda had that I thought orange might work. Obviously several years later someone in Sydney's west also thought black, white and orange worked. When the final colours were announced I asked why they decided on teal and was told that it was meant to reflect the colour of the sea. Sounded logical to me.

The working party also considered Pirates as a nickname but that was already being used by the Port Lion Football Club and apparently they raised an objection and I got the impression they were prepared to take the issue to court. The Committee chose Power because it was a two syllable word, could be chanted easily, and of course there was a connection with the Pelican Point power station as most of Adelaide's power supply had traditionally come from the Port area.

What we have wasn't simply the brainchild of some PR guru, it was decided by the members of the PAFC but I will bet any replacements do not involve the Members.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
So is this a co-logo?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No idea, I think it is a money raiser in the name of celebrating our 150 years. I am not opposed to some sort of special event merchandising as long as that is all it is. Back in 1970 I think we had a few bumper stickers run off and a dinner in the sheds on the wharves. There probably are not that many of us who remember the 100 year celebrations?

It annoys me that they want to make the prison bars such a prominent feature in the logo but aren't willing to actually fight for the right to wear them.

I agree re the logo, but I do know that they are willing to fight for the right to wear them. They just need to nail a few things first.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Of course, but the club is trying to give every impression of honouring our history, including the Prison Bars, except actually going out and fighting for the right to wear them. This dancing Homer ‘all things to all people’ fits their MO perfectly.

Can we get dancing homer to our games next year?

That teal is so ******* hideous.

Of all the times we decide to finally redesign the logo, we manage to time it with an absolute groundswell of distrust, disengagement and outright hatred.

This logo will now be synonymous with keeping Hinkley for what will be a disaster of a season.

Absolutely pointless

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Of all the times we decide to finally redesign the logo, we manage to time it with an absolute groundswell of distrust, disengagement and outright hatred.

This logo will now be synonymous with keeping Hinkley for what will be a disaster of a season.

Absolutely pointless

No it won’t. Is the BiB synonymous with sacking Williams or Cameron Cloke?

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Absolutely pointless

If that is the logo, the teal is the least of it's problems.

It annoys me that they want to make the prison bars such a prominent feature in the logo but aren't willing to actually fight for the right to wear them.
They are fighting for the right, it's just a harder fight to win than it should be. The AFL have zero respect for the non Vic history of the game.

Lets talk about the shape.

Do people prefer that shield/diamond setup, or a circle?

I'm more of a circle or man. Picturing that diamond/shield on merch is vomit inducing. Especially with the teal surround.

Lets talk about the shape.

Do people prefer that shield/diamond setup, or a circle?

I'm more of a circle or man. Picturing that diamond/shield on merch is vomit inducing. Especially with the teal surround.
CIRCLE EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!

PA in a circle would make me very happy.

The minging shield is just to incorporate the chevrons.

"Acknowledgement on the WALK OF FAME in the newly redeveloped Port Adelaide Footballers Club"

Hmmm, is this the port club, or Alberton as a whole?

Also this:

There are many opportunities for you to be involved including the redevelopment of the Alberton Oval Precinct, the Hi Tech, Interactive Museum and the refurbished Williams Stand.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

The Port Adelaide Footballers Club is the heart and soul of our Club. Located at our spiritual home it will be upgraded and become a contemporary integrated retail, hospitality and museum experience that our people can be proud of. As we are about to launch Stage 1 of this redevelopment, there is an opportunity for you, your family or your business to get involved as a Foundation Member of the Port Adelaide Footballers Club. This will form an important part of the Alberton Oval Precinct Plan, which is being developed in order to ensure the Port Adelaide Football Club can provide elite training, development and social facilities for our football programs as well as our community.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
"Acknowledgement on the WALK OF FAME in the newly redeveloped Port Adelaide Footballers Club"

Hmmm, is this the port club, or Alberton as a whole?

Also this:

There are many opportunities for you to be involved including the redevelopment of the Alberton Oval Precinct, the Hi Tech, Interactive Museum and the refurbished Williams Stand.
These sound more like debt demolition initiatives than giving back to the fans (not that there is anything wrong with that).

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Back