Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
Got mine 🤟👍
But my Russian sex doll collection disappeared!

Worth every cent :thumbsu::hearteyes::smilev1:

No one will ever steal it - it weighs too much to carry more than 5 metres.
Once I've finished reading it I can use it as ballast for a cruise ship.

Good to see a small section mentioning Bruce Webber's role in it too.

I love this Club :rugby:🤓

It's a ripper and superbly packaged and presented.

Did anyone mention it was huge? :astonished:

This isn't for the coffee table - it IS the bloody coffee table.

So when one of your franchise mates comes over to visit you this year to show you his the Crows' 30th anniversary history Sunday Mail lift out, just take them to show them your 6.5 kg 150 year history of the greatest footy club in the country tell them:

'That's not a footy club with history ....That's a Footy club with history!'

(mind you the bloody campaigners can't help themselves can they....someone snuck into the True Believers pages with a picture of themselves wearing a crow jumper. - reminds me a 'where's wally' book).

Last edited:
Just been notified mine's on its way - or at least it might be. It's in transit from Adelaide to Sydney. Presumably even Sendle knows the ACT isn't in Sydney ;).

I wouldn’t bet on that with Sendle. They can * up in a way I haven’t seen and I’ve spent my whole life in Logistics.

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

So when one of your franchise mates comes over to visit you this year to show you his the Crows' 30th anniversary history Sunday Mail lift out, just take them to show them your 6.5 kg 150 year history of the greatest footy club in the country tell them:

(mind you the bloody campaigners can't help themselves can they....someone snuck into the True Believers pages with a picture of themselves wearing a crow jumper. - reminds me a 'where's wally' book).

totally agree it’s a great, brought back some wonderful memories. Kudos to the club

beenreal

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2003
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide

Doubly annoying to see when my photo didn't make it in!

Only makes me 99.999999999999% ecstatic with the presentation!

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Doubly annoying to see when my photo didn't make it in!

Only makes me 99.999999999999% ecstatic with the presentation!
Hmmm, thats a shame, I thought the photo was a "guaranteed" inclusion - the enticement for ordering early. Hope mine's in there - can anyone who already has it check to see if there's a photo of an old bloke in Port gear at AO for me? ta :D

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Gonna need a month with no interruptions to get through this. Had a quick peruse and it’s bloody fantastic. Found the picture I had uploaded and on the page opposite is some chick with Crows gear on.

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
It certainly reads as though it's written by Rucci. I find it a little jumpy in time line and sentence construction difficult to follow, all Rucci traits.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

This book is brilliant! I haven't settled into serious reading yet, but I've leafed through every page and checked the photos and read some bits. Mine is perfect, no pages stuck together etc. (I wonder whether it was someone mistaking the pages with inserts as being two pages stuck together). My photo is in there :).
And just after looking at the old photos, if anyone suggests changing the hill and the old scoreboard for extra seating, the pitchforks will be out.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I've got my 150th commerative collection book, got 3 photos of me in there, through family members.

I reckon it's absolutely brilliant. Even better than I expected. I'm so thrilled by the replica medals, the overall quality and love all the content. Brilliant effort by whomever was in charge of it.

So proud of this club and can't wait to sit there and read it with my son when he grows up.

Got my book, except many of the pages were stuck together and some of the pages had ink smudges on them.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
I can second that a couple of my pages were a little sticky, and a couple looked like there was a smudge or two of the ink on them. Not complaining though, it's outstanding and in such a massive book and package I can deal with a couple very, very minor defects.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah it's amazing. Actually a bit choked up in some sections. Travis Boaks first player contract was incredibly interesting, never seen one before #nerd

Apologies for the Swans fan who snuck herself into our picture at the back. It was a present from her to me. I'll understand if people demand a refund.
Wouldve loved to have seen a more senior players past contract, and the money included, but was interesting to read.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I find the mug shots, and or personal family photos that are in the book with no Port connection or gear pretty funny. Each to their own of course, just feels like those people missed the memo.

Got mine this morning.

WOW.

It's absolutely brilliant. No pages stuck together (yet) and no smudges I could pick up? It's going to take a long time to get through it all.

I didn't do the send a photo in thing but I'm in there twice in front of the scoreboard at the 2011 game against Melbourne. RussellEbertHandball and Ford Fairlane you blokes must be near me? My mate must be at the bar because my arms are folded indicating sullenness at no beer in my hand. I did chuckle when I saw old mate no high fives in front of me.

Got mine this morning.

WOW.

It's absolutely brilliant. No pages stuck together (yet) and no smudges I could pick up? It's going to take a long time to get through it all.

I didn't do the send a photo in thing but I'm in there twice in front of the scoreboard at the 2011 game against Melbourne. RussellEbertHandball and Ford Fairlane you blokes must be near me? My mate must be at the bar because my arms are folded indicating sullenness at no beer in my hand. I did chuckle when I saw old mate no high fives in front of me.
Will have to have a good gander on the weekend. I just flicked thru those 30 pages given I didn't send in a photo.

IIRC we were in front of you and to your left.

As usual, the nation's capital is the last stop. Mine's still on its way to Sydney according to the tracker. :(

Sendle....

I didn’t actually receive any notifications it just turned up.

I scanned in a replica of the Magpie News from July 1974, that is part of the Archives Collection.

It covers Gough Whitlam coming to Alberton the night they raised funds for the Build Local Players campaign / scholarship.

When Gough was introduced to Carl Fragomeni he no doubt worked out where the Fragomeni name came from in Italy and what it meant. He apparently did this a lot when talking to Aussie-Italians for the first time.

There is a 4 page letter that Fos wrote to the players dated 2.4.73 (Fos' last season as Port's coach). It's Russell Ebert's copy and he has written on it - ONE LETTER I'VE KEPT ALL THESE YEARS & READ IT MANY TIMES. It's Fos expectations of the players, how to play and availing himself to players to try and help them in anyway he can for both footy an off field matters.

The final paragraph (and a lot of the letter) could have been written in 2021.

We are at the threshold of season 1973; the responsibility of maintaining the standard of football and Pt. Adelaide's position in Australian Football is settled squarely on your shoulders. I trust that we will all share the challenges we make and those against us. It is a long demanding way between now and October; I feel we have the talent, the fitness and the character to make it a successful journey.

My best wishes that we have success and that you enjoy the season.

FOSTER WILLIAMS.

1612496260234.png

1612496785242.png

Back