2020 celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

I find the mug shots, and or personal family photos that are in the book with no Port connection or gear pretty funny. Each to their own of course, just feels like those people missed the memo.

Some look like they are about to head to prison.

1612500292616.png

I find the mug shots, and or personal family photos that are in the book with no Port connection or gear pretty funny. Each to their own of course, just feels like those people missed the memo.
I wonder if some of them are a parent/grandparent etc. now passed away, that was a staunch Port supporter. A lot of current supporters probably have families with generations of connection to the club.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I wonder if some of them are a parent/grandparent etc. now passed away, that was a staunch Port supporter. A lot of current supporters probably have families with generations of connection to the club.
There'll be a few arguments over who gets the archive collection in future years

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mine's just arrived. I know you'd all mentioned how impressive it is but I was just blown away. Beautifully packaged and so warmly put together, it is an amazing tribute to the Club and our greats. So many little details, some great photos, all the little inserts - right down to the black and teal bookmarks.

Thumbs up to everyone associated with this project. If you haven't got one I'd definitely recommend rectifying that situation soonest.

I love my Club. Even more.

Mine's just arrived. I know you'd all mentioned how impressive it is but I was just blown away. Beautifully packaged and so warmly put together, it is an amazing tribute to the Club and our greats. So many little details, some great photos, all the little inserts - right down to the black and teal bookmarks.

Thumbs up to everyone associated with this project. If you haven't got one I'd definitely recommend rectifying that situation soonest.

I love my Club. Even more.
Can they still be bought though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2003
Kensington Gardens
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
B'ham CityFC Adelaide United FC
Been leafing my way through mine since I was able to secure a crane to get it up on to a table. It is an incredible publication, the club has done a fantastic job with this. I think I'll need to get some gloves though because I'm scared to even get a fingerprint on it. After a couple of searches I eventually found my photo in the back so I was pretty happy that it didn't get missed!

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Been leafing my way through mine since I was able to secure a crane to get it up on to a table. It is an incredible publication, the club has done a fantastic job with this. I think I'll need to get some gloves though because I'm scared to even get a fingerprint on it. After a couple of searches I eventually found my photo in the back so I was pretty happy that it didn't get missed!
Up to page 180.
Curious manner in which the narrative hops from one time frame to another and then back again.
Still loving it though :thumbsu::D

Up to page 180.
Curious manner in which the narrative hops from one time frame to another and then back again.
Still loving it though :thumbsu::D
Rucci was chief editor. He did the same sort of thing in Dynasty. The chapters in Dynasty had chronological order, but the stuff he wrote in those chapters, jumped around in and out of that period.

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
Rucci was chief editor. He did the same sort of thing in Dynasty. The chapters in Dynasty had chronological order, but the stuff he wrote in those chapters, jumped around in and out of that period.

Knowing how he dresses its not shocking he sucks at getting things in order

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have to collect my book from the courier. Apparently they tried to deliver it yesterday morning, even though I was at home and heard nothing. Maybe the delivery person didn't want to lug it up three flights of stairs...

View attachment 1058849
Well it is heavy! By not completing the delivery the driver obviously missed out on his substantial & generous tip!!

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Finished reading the lot.
Ripper product. Worth every cent.
Couple of minor fact errors and the odd spelling/punctuation glitch, bt overall classy and professional.

The letter to Jack Dermody was interesting - thanking him and wishing him well on his retirement, in the same breat asking him to recinsider and come back!
How far ahead of his time was Shine Hosking? Those coaching notes on how to play positions was amazing.

Good to see some references to Big Bag Bustling Bruising Bruce Weber. We as supporters and the Club in general are forever indebted to him for his courage and resilience in the face of an enslaught of vitriol and unwarranred hate and abuse. Vale Bruce. Waiting to see a fully deserved life sized statue of him at the entrance to Alberton Oval.

I have to collect my book from the courier. Apparently they tried to deliver it yesterday morning, even though I was at home and heard nothing. Maybe the delivery person didn't want to lug it up three flights of stairs...

View attachment 1058849

I've got a delivery coming through sendle again.

It's travelling from Richmond to Prahran. Roughly 5kms.

It was ready Wednesday
They picked it up Thursday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back