Opinion 2020 Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Does this or something similar make us better?

Grundy for O'Brien and 1st round
Moore for Richards and 1st round ontraded with Adel 1st round for Cameron

Lose: Grundy Moore

Gain: O'Brien Cameron Richards

Still need to fix the midfield but this replaces a star ruck with an elite ruck, a genuine (build a flag around him) key forward and more run out of the backline

Giants are allowing Patton to go to the Hawks so that there is cap space for them to keep Cameron. Doubt we would get him. Dogs want him too and they have plenty of cap space.

Giants are allowing Patton to go to the Hawks so that there is cap space for them to keep Cameron. Doubt we would get him. Dogs want him too and they have plenty of cap space.
I keep hearing Geelong done deal

Haven't all of Stevo, JDG, Aish, Crisp, Maynard, Sier, Adams, Daicos and the Brown brothers been drafted/traded with midfield potential?

Yeah they have. Breaking it down, my take is:
  • Crisp and Maynards clear best roles are in defence
  • Stephenson and De Goey are special talents that may be best served forward. What we do with De Goey in particular will be intersting and reckon he might shift to the middle.
  • Adams is a midfield lock
  • Sier still needs a lot of development on his fitness and between the ears (just a suspicion there). He may not be here long term either if rumours are believed.
  • Aish, reckon he's a half back, not sure his fitness is up to wing, too slight on ball.
  • Daicos and C Brown are and will be too small to spend a lot of time on ball.
  • T Brown, haven't seen enough of to judge.
I reckon there are question marks over that group as a collective for the midfield. I think we could use some bolstering.

I've been wondering if it would be worth extending an olive branch to Tom Boyd and see if he's interested in coming across to the Pies. The upside is enormous and the risk is fairly minimal.

Too much risk. We need reliable players. Objectively Boyd's on field performances weren't much chop. And the stresses of the game drove him away. I don't think he'll be able, and inclined, to return from that.

You said you have no problem with how they have done it, or did you mean something else?

No, I have no problem with them having a full complement of cat B rookies. Not concerned what type of player they are.

Last edited:
Yeah they have. Breaking it down, my take is:
  • Crisp and Maynards clear best roles are in defence
  • Stephenson and De Goey are special talents that may be best served forward. What we do with De Goey in particular will be intersting and reckon he might shift to the middle.
  • Adams is a midfield lock
  • Sier still needs a lot of development on his fitness and between the ears (just a suspicion there). He may not be here long term either if rumours are believed.
  • Aish, reckon he's a half back, not sure his fitness is up to wing, too slight on ball.
  • Daicos and C Brown are and will be too small to spend a lot of time on ball.
  • T Brown, haven't seen enough of to judge.
I reckon there are question marks over that group as a collective for the midfield. I think we could use some bolstering.

I don't agree Cal Brown and Daic's are or will be too small to spend time through the midfield. There are more than enough examples of guys of similar size or even smaller doing the job, guys like Neale and Zorko and Devon Smith. Time will tell if they can develop along similar lines.

I've been wondering if it would be worth extending an olive branch to Tom Boyd and see if he's interested in coming across to the Pies. The upside is enormous and the risk is fairly minimal.
Technically he's still listed until at least the next list lodgement anyway, but if the 'dogs were smart they'd have put a clause in his termination/retirement contract to prevent a Mal Michael Brisbane -> Essendon scenario. I'd wait a couple of years regardless.

I reckon you could make a similar list of estabished blokes from most successful teams as well. My point is that we have a very respectable group of established guys who should still be playing good footy fot the mext 5 years. It's not doomsday, a lot would have to go wrong for us to become cellar dwellers during this time.

Hello! Collingwood! Where luck (at least the good variety!) does not exist.

Too much risk. We need reliable players. Objectively Boyd's on field performances weren't much chop. And the stresses of the game drove him away. I don't think he'll be able, and inclined, to return from that.

I think his on field work wasn't horrible overall. He was one of, if not the most important blokes on the field in the doggies premiership. I'm of the opinion that his number one pick tag, combined with that huge contract did a number on his head and got in the way of him showing his full ability.

Technically he's still listed until at least the next list lodgement anyway, but if the 'dogs were smart they'd have put a clause in his termination/retirement contract to prevent a Mal Michael Brisbane -> Essendon scenario. I'd wait a couple of years regardless.

Didn't think of that and I think it would be prudent to wait a little while. But he's back playing local footy.. and getting him into the fold, even if it's not in an on field role, might not hurt if he ever decides to scratch that itch again.

He's only 23, and off field issues or not he is a well of untapped potential. I'd say it was worth a meeting.

Is Jenkins of any interest to us ? Can’t stand him but maybe he fills a need or does mihochek have him covered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Jenkins of any interest to us ? Can’t stand him but maybe he fills a need or does mihochek have him covered

I like Jenkins as a footy player but I reckon he's on the wrong side of his best and plays a similar hit up role to Mihocek. Might not be a good fit. We need a full forward.

Moving Grundy on for 2 first round picks or 2 KPP of note has merit
We have the best big man in the game yet it makes no difference to our so called elite mids and centre clearances

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree, Grundy is very important to us but not irreplaceable! If I were Pies I’d put the acid on him to sign a deserved offer ($1M for 5 years) take it or leave it this year before trade period.

Not for a couple of years. He's still a better player than Pattons ever been. Stranger things have happened eg Pruess, but Patton to Geelong for more opportunity seems crazy.
He'll fall over in 5 minutes like they all do, and they seem to be a better club in preparing for it than us, hence the frickin giraffe at ff for us

No worries. Seems you're incapable of providing anything other than disjointed incomprehensible ramblings telling me what I (apparently) actually think rather than addressing any of the points I've raised so I'm clearly wasting my time. I'll leave it there.

Ramble on!
Lol
Your heads obviously where the sun doesn't shine
Enjoy today

Your a real kingaroy living up to your name
JACKASS
Shooting your mouth off
Typical key board warrior

You think you would offer something construct
Asked you a ?
Name any club that has so many inexperienced players on their primary list
SEEing you Wanta split hairs
Answer that
I've asked you 3 times

Lol
Your heads obviously where the sun doesn't shine
Enjoy today

Your a real kingaroy living up to your name
JACKASS
Shooting your mouth off
Typical key board warrior

You think you would offer something construct
Asked you a ?
Name any club that has so many inexperienced players on their primary list
SEEing you Wanta split hairs
Answer that
I've asked you 3 times

LOL, I'm still waiting for you to answer my clear understandable questions or anything I've asked since. Why include Cat B rookies, aren't they all speculative? Why include 1st or 2nd year draftees, aren't they all speculative? Doesn't every team add them? Why are we more or less disadvantaged than any of them?

I asked 1st and you've completely avoided answering preferring to play the man instead. It's clearly just a waist of time having a discussion with you.

Ramble on!

We definitely need to move a few on.

Already I’m looking at Wells, Goldsack, Murray (if banned), Dunn, Broomhead, Wills, Crocker.

Reid lucky to survive purely out of necessity for KPP and he has played some decent footy at times this year when on the park.

I've heard Grundy will leave at the end of next year, someone who sponsors Sidebottom. He's already turned down a 7-year I mill a season offer. He wants to
go home.

Thats the general speculation. The good news is that he wont be asking for a trade at the end of this season and has committed to see the contract out. That gives us two offseasons to manage the list to ensure we can throw the kitchen sink at him to stay. I dont think hes unhappy at Collingwood and hopefully he stays. If not, we move on.

Thats the general speculation. The good news is that he wont be asking for a trade at the end of this season and has committed to see the contract out. That gives us two offseasons to manage the list to ensure we can throw the kitchen sink at him to stay. I dont think hes unhappy at Collingwood and hopefully he stays. If not, we move on.
If he's going to leave I would rather it be this year so we can get 2 top 10 picks than next year when we might get nothing in return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back