Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChoppyGun

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The most progressive backyard place in the country?
Not backward these days.

Cutting edge tourism spots all over state, wine trails as good as any, most diverse in landscape like a mini NZ South Island, most famous weekly market in Australia, highest rent to salary avg in Australia.

It's just more boutique not backward.

ChoppyGun

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just a query about postal ballots. There are a bunch of 'new' Big Footy members at the retirement village across the road who indicated they would like to vote for POTY. There was a bit of disappointment when they heard GR, Snake and Zondor had been rubbed out but they were reassured that I was still eligible despite a bit of a minimalist COVID-safe approach to posting in 2020. The issue is that they prefer voting by HB pencil, so I said I would facilitate the postal ballot process for them. We might just pop them in the same envelope to save on stamps as Choppy hasn't provided prepaid envelopes. And do they need to arrive before the 31st or just postmarked?

Is this the correct address:
Overlord Choppy
c/- Mods Table
Chaddy Food Court
Chaddy Shopping Centre
Chaddy

And what was the prize again?
Im sure a bit of a pisstake which I like but if Mods are happy with collecting of have a PO Box then sure thats absolutely fine.

More votes the merrier so that sounds great!

$250 at RooShop. I decided to increase it as 50 wasn't enough.

Last edited:

Nate7

Premium Gold
Sep 3, 2012
Aisle 5
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Brewers
Not backward these days.

Cutting edge tourism spots all over state, wine trails as good as any, most diverse in landscape like a mini NZ South Island, most famous weekly market in Australia, highest rent to salary avg in Australia.

I wouldn't be comparing to NZ.
The place that has a near on 100% domestic violence rate across the nation when the all blacks lose.

rickety

Premium Gold
Nov 3, 2007
Postmans' Reef
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
swfc, carrum cowboys
Not backward these days.

A long way from the Dome though

Gasometer

TheBrownDog
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Should I invoke a rule that all posters with Aliases that mods are aware of (which they would be) are automatically suspended?

It has merit as it should be one vote for one person. Maybe it's too late.

Thoughts the esteemed North BF community?
Why not just ban all posters whose name does not start with “G”.

The Filth Wizard

These Meats Are Spoiled
Jul 26, 2007
The Throne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Gold City Royals
Should I invoke a rule that all posters with Aliases that mods are aware of (which they would be) are automatically suspended?

It has merit as it should be one vote for one person. Maybe it's too late.

Thoughts the esteemed North BF community?
Heaps of posters have aliases Choppy. I have three. It's only against the rules to use them when one is banned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devington

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alt accounts/ multiple accounts...
What is the motivation behind this?
What purpose does it serve?
I guess I’m too old school to understand

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It varies. Some would solely be gimmick accounts, played for a communal laugh. Others exist more nefariously for sockpuppeting purposes(to deceive/manipulate the discourse by making things seem more/less popular, or to attack posters etc). Some exist simply to evade bans.

The majority of alt accounts would exist for one of the three reasons above.

The acurate one

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It varies. Some would solely be gimmick accounts, played for a communal laugh. Others a bit more nefariously for sockpuppeting (to deceive/manipulate the discourse by making things seem more/less popular, or to attack posters etc). Some exist to evade bans.

The majority would be for one of the three reasons above.
Yeah actually I'm surprised they're allowed. Imagine someone being attacked by three or four posters and made to feel like sh*t but it's actually the same fu**en poster. Not saying all would use it for nefarious purpose but some I have no doubt would.

The mind boggles.

ChoppyGun

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It will get you votes Ferbs and you may very well beat one of my aliases for the POTY Title but sadly you or the club won’t see any money from Choppys. :stern look
Considering I've asked the money (in case anything happens to me) to be put in trust on my behalf I think you may simply be full of sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad