Best & Fairest 2020 Crichton Medal - Congratulations Jordan Ridley!

Who takes home the B&F for 2020?

• Andrew McGrath

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Zach Merrett

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Jordan Ridley

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Adam Saad

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Dylan Shiel

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyle Langford

• Darcy Parish

• Devon Smith

• Will Snelling

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other (comment below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Facebook live stream:

Dunno what happened to YouTube.

Will be hosted by De Stoop and Fletcher.

Anyone have the complete voting (i.e. past 10th)?
Essendon never publish the full votes. I think because of the way the voting system goes it's not just the top 3 or 5 each game who get votes, everyone is rated out of 30 for every game, so being last is dead last.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Essendon never publish the full votes. I think because of the way the voting system goes it's not just the top 3 or 5 each game who get votes, everyone is rated out of 30 for every game, so being last is dead last.

Some other clubs have similar voting systems. Newspapers generally publish the top 10, but sometimes the club will publish the top 20 or all the way down (although players who played a senior game and didn't get a vote are never listed).

Some other clubs have similar voting systems. Newspapers generally publish the top 10, but sometimes the club will publish the top 20 or all the way down (although players who played a senior game and didn't get a vote are never listed).
I don't think the way our system works would ever result in a player playing a senior game and not getting a vote. Every player gets rated by every coach out of 5, which means full marks for a game is 30 votes.

I don't think I've ever seen the club publish a top 20. We don't even say who got what votes in each round, you get updates in blocks of 5 rounds during the live event and that's it haha.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't think the way our system works would ever result in a player playing a senior game and not getting a vote. Every player gets rated by every coach out of 5, which means full marks for a game is 30 votes.

I don't think I've ever seen the club publish a top 20. We don't even say who got what votes in each round, you get updates in blocks of 5 rounds during the live event and that's it haha.

I've got Essendon's full voting for 2005, 08, 09 and 13. For example in 2013, Goddard won with 431 votes and five players (Jetta, Hille, Kavanagh, Dalgleish, Hams) got 0. Maybe the system has been tweaked since then.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Just out of interest, those who are saying it’s embarrassing to have someone like Snelling finish top 10, who else would you have like to have seen in his place? Townsend? Mckernan? Gleeson? Redman? Ham?
They are about the only other ones who played enough games to come close and you’d be saying the exact smart thing about them.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Just out of interest, those who are saying it’s embarrassing to have someone like Snelling finish top 10, who else would you have like to have seen in his place? Townsend? Mckernan? Gleeson? Redman? Ham?
They are about the only other ones who played enough games to come close and you’d be saying the exact smart thing about them.
When you think about the voting system and the fact Shiel missed two games (compared to Snelling - 17, Smith - 16, Tippa - 17, Parish - 17) extrapolates to Dylan probably moving up from 10th to 6th (behind Ridley, Merrett, Saad, Langford, McGrath). That cluster from 6th > 10th was separated by 31 votes, two very good games imho.

Anyways, doesn't matter, you are probably right that we didn't have anyone else worthy of being in that top 10.

Seb78

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Screenshot_20200922-192548_WhatsApp.jpg

Back