List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png 1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but that won’t happen so only way is to make it fair over 2 seasons
17 rounds each like this season

I think 22 games is fine - but a non stop rolling fixture with mandated 6 day breaks.

MELBOURNE could be on the verge of a round two selection shock, with coach Simon Goodwin confirming that he is desperate to blood new recruit Harley Bennell against Carlton this weekend.

I hope he plays. Would be a good story.
Comeback game and blues with babeh

All of the players we picked up last year missed a lot of their u18 footy too. It's not that big a deal. Better to have high picks that mid range picks this year imo. Second round onwards will be a crapshoot.

North has been consistent in rating talent above injury issues in the drafts. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I support the philosophy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting selections at Melbourne with Bennel, Jackson, Pickett and Rivers all supposedly playing.

The Rivers selection is going to haunt us I feel.

I'm not sure why people are deriding the Bennell selection. He re-injures himself or is a shadow of himself, they lose nothing really.

He is even 70% of the player he was and they gain an incredible amount and that's not a good result for our death riding. Half the battle was getting him back on the park, which they seem to have done.

How good was Bennell really?

Probably the best u/22 player in the league when he got injured.

He was certainly on the Josh Kelly, Dustin Martin and Fyfe level.

Look at what Brad Hill went for and what we paid for Polec. Bennell was on a whole different level to them.

There's not to many wingman capable of averaging mid 20's and 1.0-1.5 goals a game.

If he gets back to what he was, he's Melbourne's best player, simple.

Last edited:
The Rivers selection is going to haunt us I feel.

I'm not sure why people are deriding the Bennell selection. He re-injures himself or is a shadow of himself, they lose nothing really.

He is even 70% of the player he was and they gain an incredible amount and that's not a good result for our death riding. Half the battle was getting him back on the park, which they seem to have done.
Yeah I was a Rivers fan...hadn't heard of Comben. Rivers does have that elite kicking and has a bit of mongrel about him too.....would've been a fan fave at North.
I was also of the opinion we should've given Harley a crack. Before injury he was a total jet. Let's see what happens from here.

Probably the best u/22 player in the league when he got injured.

He was certainly on the Josh Kelly, Dustin Martin and Fyfe level.

Look at what Brad Hill went for and what we paid for Polec. Bennell was on a whole different level to them.

There's not to many wingman capable of averaging mid 20's and 1.0-1.5 goals a game.

If he gets back to what he was, he's Melbourne's best player, simple.

That was a long time ago and he has more issues than his calves from what's been said. Good luck to them but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back