List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png 1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be fun

We picked up a 2nd round pick for nothing & Bonar for about 100 points.

So tell me, how do you reckon we went without a list manager?

Dear Melbourne interlopers... enjoy the following article from August 28th, 2010. This was the dawn of a great era of competition between two emerging sides. Let’s hope 2020 provides us with a similar level of competition as to that which we have enjoyed during these last 10 years.

AAP

Melbourne and North Melbourne will play no part in this year's AFL finals but they're tipped to be heavyweights of the future and Kangaroos hard man Michael Firrito wants to set the tone early.

The ninth-placed Kangaroos are seeking a win in their round-22 away clash against Melbourne at the MCG on Sunday to finish the season with boasting rights as the best team outside the eight in 2010.

And with one win over the Demons already this season, North are keen to maintain their superiority over Melbourne coach Dean Bailey's highly rated young side.

Both teams named 25-man squads on Thursday night with an average age of 24 and the Kangaroos are quick to point out they're also a young team on the rise.

"Both sides are in the same boat a little bit about can't play finals and certainly that was in our aspirations," Firrito told AAP this week.

"To finish the season at 11 wins and 11 losses, that would have put us in the finals last year so we certainly want to do that.

"We need a hundred per cent effort this week like we had last week for Boomer's (captain Brent Harvey's) 300th.

"In years to come it could be one of the better match-ups, two young sides going head to head and hopefully we can form a great rivalry.

"They've got a very exciting young list and we're just the same if not better in terms of our young guys.

"I guess we'll find out on Sunday afternoon exactly where we're at.

"We've got some beauties coming through (in midfield) and we've also missed a couple of key players like Jack Ziebell, Liam Anthony and Ed Lower.

"Ryan Bastinac and Ben Cunnington, they've been great for us coming through."

Firrito says he has enjoyed spending most of the year in the backline after being frustrated by a lack of consistency in midfield in 2009.

But the backman doesn't rate himself a chance in the best and fairest award, with Harvey shooting for a record fifth win, Andrew Swallow going for consecutive victories and Brady Rawlings a chance for a third title.

Brad Scott said the Kangaroos were bitterly disappointed to be outside the top eight.

"But I believe we have laid a really solid foundation to play the style of footy that's going to be successful deep into September," the Kangaroos coach said.

"I know there's a deep hunger in the group to make sure we're not in this position next year.

"Melbourne are an exciting young list. They've got some young guys and so have we.

"They're just another team that's in our road."

North will farewell forward Corey Jones while Melbourne skipper James McDonald is also bowing out.

Melbourne's Brad Miller is departing but has chosen to stay with VFL team Casey rather than play a farewell game.

Purely on the points we're ahead on the trade, and gives the impression that we think our kids and the list has good organic growth in it to cover not needing a first round pick this year. I just hope that our crack at our flag isn't hindered or impacted by not picking up top talent in this years draft.
Aiden Bonar says hi 😉

Hello Northites. I am happy to join you for the Death-Ride, cheese-platter and all. The young Red Legs will deliver the goods, I am sure. Now, where are my old mates Meltdown Mario and Sweet Left Flog? Are they still in the land of the living on buried in a pauper's grave? How is the inflatable pool getting on down at Arden Street?

Happy to be the Voice of the Dees - your social and existential superiors - until the end of the GF 2020 in this thread.

And yes, Go Deeeeeeeeeeesssssss!

Hi mate.

Its hard to think of someonme who made a bigger ******* out of themselves here than you with your Oil Drum Lane stuff and talking up the Dees.

I actually thought you were dead.

Hi mate.

Its hard to think of someonme who made a bigger ******* out of themselves here than you with your Oil Drum Lane stuff and talking up the Dees.

Sunshine, I am a bit like Keith Richards - un-killable. I am sorry that the Oil Drum Lane metaphor did not appeal to a luminary such as yourself. This much I promise you: in my dealings with you all over the course of the Death-Ride, I will constantly remind myself that most Norf supporters only ever had two grandparents. Mercy and grace will be forthcoming.

Sunshine, I am a bit like Keith Richards - un-killable. I am sorry that the Oil Drum Lane metaphor did not appeal to a luminary such as yourself. This much I promise you: in my dealings with you all over the course of the Death-Ride, I will constantly remind myself that most Norf supporters only ever had two grandparents. Mercy and grace will be forthcoming.

Stop blowing wind up your own arse and just * off dork.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi mate.

I thought you were dead too Biffinator.

Stop blowing wind up your own arse and just fu** off dork.

I don’t mind him. He’s actually mildly amusing. More so than most of the usual narrow minded, clueless know it alls we generally get polluting most threads these days.
He’d fit in much better if he made a pun about a Bonar. Or a completely rediculous trade hypothetical. I wonder what his opinion is of JMac?
He can’t help who he barracks for.

I don’t mind him. He’s actually mildly amusing. More so than most of the usual narrow minded, clueless know it alls we generally get polluting most threads these days.
He’d fit in much better if he made a pun about a Bonar. Or a completely rediculous trade hypothetical. I wonder what his opinion is of JMac?
He can’t help who he barracks for.

Feel free to chortle away at his comedic masterpieces if you think they're levels above puerile dick jokes.

He's an attention whore, nothing else, and he's getting off on being the centre of attention right now.

You were funnier when you were dead.

Nobody wants you here. Jog on.

Hello Northites. I am happy to join you for the Death-Ride, cheese-platter and all. The young Red Legs will deliver the goods, I am sure. Now, where are my old mates Meltdown Mario and Sweet Left Flog? Are they still in the land of the living on buried in a pauper's grave? How is the inflatable pool getting on down at Arden Street?

Happy to be the Voice of the Dees - your social and existential superiors - until the end of the GF 2020 in this thread.

And yes, Go Deeeeeeeeeeesssssss!

You have plenty of dead s**t supporters too - don'tyou worry about that.

+1 for allowing this flog to do his thing in this thread, some balance would be good for once.

Stop blowing wind up your own arse and just fu** off dork.

Now if you don't mind, I've got a very important tweet i need to post on my own board again.

Or just threadban Floggo.

The thread title is a red rag to the infantile elements of the Melbourne supporter base.

That's all good for a laugh, but I personally don't want it distracting from proper 2020 trade & draft discussion and that's why I opened another thread.

The thread title is a red rag to the infantile elements of the Melbourne supporter base.

That's all good for a laugh, but I personally don't want it distracting from proper 2020 trade & draft discussion and that's why I opened another thread.
The thread will come good when the Melbourne losses come pouring in.

The thread will come good when the Melbourne losses come pouring in.

In all honesty, I think they will go better in 2020, but even with everything going right, they will finish no higher than 7-8, which is pick 11-12.

I will take picks 11-12 & 26 over pick 8 evry day of the week, so as one pundit already reported, we have already won this trade.

Who's Keith richards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back