List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png 1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I love we have two first rounders in 2020, but if we are going for a gun, lets not put 2 first rounders into Kelly. He should be a 1st and 2nd at most. Go after a true gun. Kelly is becoming overrated IMHO.

Why the angst in a thread like this against Melbourne posters. More the fun with banter. The mods have stipulated the rules so I say play on :D

It's just one of those threads to do it in. Nothing better than shoving it up those self entitled tofs

Play on with your "banter" by all means, just don't * up the adults thread.

Melbourne’s plan to turbocharge its midfield’s running power in the trade period will ultimately deliver its star onballers more rest time next season.

The Demons acquired two of the best endurance runners in the game when they picked up bargain duo Ed Langdon and Adam Tomlinson in the exchange period.

It filled a key void for the Demons, who flipped as many as 15 different wingmen through the position in a bid to provide better defensive coverage and outside run throughout the 2019 season.

Langdon, 23, and Tomlinson, 26, are expected to slot straight into the outside midfield slots in the season-opener to provide a better balance and more outside class for the Dees.

The bonus is that the gut-running pair, who usually only go to the bench once or twice a quarter, will give their teammates more opportunities to rotate and catch a breather in 2020.

Tomlinson averaged 85.3 per cent playing time, while Langdon was up at 86.1 per cent in 2019. They both topped Hawthorn’s Tom Scully (84 per cent) who is considered the best midfield runner in the game.

Langdon and Tomlinson’s huge tanks will mean star ball-winners Clayton Oliver, Angus Brayshaw, Jack Viney and Christian Petracca will be allowed to soak up more minutes of rest time swapping in and out of the engine room.

Next year, the Demons want their star clearance winners to maximise their time on the field and take advantage of their dominance around the ball.

Melbourne football manager Josh Mahoney said the club’s trade period acquisitions would give the Demons a more complete midfield brigade next season.

“Both of those guys (Langdon and Tomlinson) can come in straight away and have immediate impact on our team,” Mahoney said.

“It’s been an area of the ground we’ve wanted to fill for a little while now — our outside run.

“And now we’ve got two locks that can play on the wing, and are really going to add some flexibility in our midfield and some variety of what we can do in there.”

The Dees have an excellent position in this year’s draft with two top-10 picks on the back of a horrible year finishing second-last.

Ruckman Max Gawn is also in line to spend more time in a forward role next season as Tomlinson can spend time in the ruck.

The Demons struggled with their forward line conversion this year but Gawn can give Simon Goodwin another target in addition to key forwards Tom McDonald and Sam Weideman.

Oliver, 22, and Viney, 25, both started last season behind the eight-ball after injury issues throughout the summer.

But the pair are eyeing full pre-seasons as part of their preparation for 2020 and have already got to work in the off-season.

Oliver had a pair of shoulder operations last summer, while Viney has finally overcome his debilitating foot problems.

Improving fitness levels across the board is one of the club’s main priorities under new strength and conditioning boss Darren Burgess this summer.

There is a strong view the Dees’ fitness levels suffered in 2019 largely due to the huge number of post-season surgeries and summer setbacks.

“This is going to be a really important pre-season for us,” Mahoney said.

“Last year we had a short one, a lot of guys had operations and that certainly played out in the season that we had.

“So this year is going to be a real focus for us, and they are already working on some programs that Darren Burgess has set and they will be back on in mid-November and definitely training hard.”

Melbourne’s plan to turbocharge its midfield’s running power in the trade period will ultimately deliver its star onballers more rest time next season.

The Demons acquired two of the best endurance runners in the game when they picked up bargain duo Ed Langdon and Adam Tomlinson in the exchange period.

It filled a key void for the Demons, who flipped as many as 15 different wingmen through the position in a bid to provide better defensive coverage and outside run throughout the 2019 season.

Langdon, 23, and Tomlinson, 26, are expected to slot straight into the outside midfield slots in the season-opener to provide a better balance and more outside class for the Dees.

The bonus is that the gut-running pair, who usually only go to the bench once or twice a quarter, will give their teammates more opportunities to rotate and catch a breather in 2020.

Tomlinson averaged 85.3 per cent playing time, while Langdon was up at 86.1 per cent in 2019. They both topped Hawthorn’s Tom Scully (84 per cent) who is considered the best midfield runner in the game.

Langdon and Tomlinson’s huge tanks will mean star ball-winners Clayton Oliver, Angus Brayshaw, Jack Viney and Christian Petracca will be allowed to soak up more minutes of rest time swapping in and out of the engine room.

Next year, the Demons want their star clearance winners to maximise their time on the field and take advantage of their dominance around the ball.

Melbourne football manager Josh Mahoney said the club’s trade period acquisitions would give the Demons a more complete midfield brigade next season.

“Both of those guys (Langdon and Tomlinson) can come in straight away and have immediate impact on our team,” Mahoney said.

“It’s been an area of the ground we’ve wanted to fill for a little while now — our outside run.

“And now we’ve got two locks that can play on the wing, and are really going to add some flexibility in our midfield and some variety of what we can do in there.”

The Dees have an excellent position in this year’s draft with two top-10 picks on the back of a horrible year finishing second-last.

Ruckman Max Gawn is also in line to spend more time in a forward role next season as Tomlinson can spend time in the ruck.

The Demons struggled with their forward line conversion this year but Gawn can give Simon Goodwin another target in addition to key forwards Tom McDonald and Sam Weideman.

Oliver, 22, and Viney, 25, both started last season behind the eight-ball after injury issues throughout the summer.

But the pair are eyeing full pre-seasons as part of their preparation for 2020 and have already got to work in the off-season.

Oliver had a pair of shoulder operations last summer, while Viney has finally overcome his debilitating foot problems.

Improving fitness levels across the board is one of the club’s main priorities under new strength and conditioning boss Darren Burgess this summer.

There is a strong view the Dees’ fitness levels suffered in 2019 largely due to the huge number of post-season surgeries and summer setbacks.

“This is going to be a really important pre-season for us,” Mahoney said.

“Last year we had a short one, a lot of guys had operations and that certainly played out in the season that we had.

“So this year is going to be a real focus for us, and they are already working on some programs that Darren Burgess has set and they will be back on in mid-November and definitely training hard.”

Oh s**t I forgot they got Tomlinson...............

Pick one is in the bag.

Why the angst in a thread like this against Melbourne posters. More the fun with banter. The mods have stipulated the rules so I say play on :D

It's just one of those threads to do it in. Nothing better than shoving it up those self entitled tofs
That is an outrageous comment. By the way, I hope you are well and happy mate. More widely, I have a hunch that Snake Baker could be my old punching-bag known as Meltdown Mario . . . ..... . truly the human spirit is indomitable thing! I thought the poor old bugger had carcked it years ago. Good stuff MM!!!

That is an outrageous comment. By the way, I hope you are well and happy mate. More widely, I have a hunch that Snake Baker could be my old punching-bag known as Meltdown Mario . . . ..... . truly the human spirit is indomitable thing! I thought the poor old bugger had carcked it years ago. Good stuff MM!!!

I literally used the "I thought you were dead" thing on you a week ago.

Off you toddle smegbreath.

He dies on a regular basis if his comedy routine is anything to go by.

Died pretty much weekly during footy season the last decade too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't rule out this pick being used in live trading this year!

It's quite possible we have a group of 4/5 we had around the 8 mark.

If one slides to the 12-18 range I expect us to offer this up to re enter the 1st round.

We possibly get a player we would have used 8 on AND get 26 for free!

I readily admit that one North supporter is worth 50 equivalents from Essendon or 100 from the Eagles.

We will have fun next year collectively.

Sunshine, I am a bit like Keith Richards - un-killable. I am sorry that the Oil Drum Lane metaphor did not appeal to a luminary such as yourself. This much I promise you: in my dealings with you all over the course of the Death-Ride, I will constantly remind myself that most Norf supporters only ever had two grandparents. Mercy and grace will be forthcoming.

More like Cliff Richards I'd suggest, I'll let you ponder that.

Hibberd, Jetta, May hopefully past their best.

Midfield continues to be one paced. Tomlinson doesn't help. Langdon is quick but no better a ball user than Viney, Oliver et al.

Flimsy forward line. Melksham, Petracca decent tall flanker types but can't lead a forward line surely.

Preuss hopefully continues to be a forward ruck. Wagners get a game. Continue to rely on hitouts and clearances but never use the ball effectively from these advantages.

Could very well be a top 5 pick. Demons likely to be better with a better pre season but really think 6-6-6 exposes their weaknesses and nullifies their strengths.

I'm sure North will just trade back our 1st rounder for a Tyson/Gysberts like player?

M99 - we traded elevated rookie players for both of them.

One was a Bunnings employee the other can’t get a gig in the 1s so has to make a ******* meme page

Remove this Banner Ad

Back