List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png 1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How BAD was Melbourne's ball use after quarter time?

Players don't instinctively do that. It's drilled in to them and it was counter productive. Then when the last quarter arrived most of their players were running up & down on the spot. They're not going to get far with such ineffective football.
They actually looked like they were waiting to lose.. if that makes sense?..

They actually looked like they were waiting to lose.. if that makes sense?..

Went completely in to their shell after quarter time, playing ineffective reactive possession football, and could barely break past their half forward line. They seemed far more intent on protecting their quarter time lead than driving home the advantage. Good sides don't do that.

Went completely in to their shell after quarter time, playing ineffective reactive possession football, and could barely break past their half forward line. They seemed far more intent on protecting their quarter time lead than driving home the advantage. Good sides don't do that.
Absolutely, not only is their midfield physically gassed by 3/4 time but the mental Demons (PTP) play a big part in them blowing leads because they make terrible decisions.

I think they know they have to get a massive lead because the good 2-way running teams will be storming home in the second half, they get frightened..

Absolutely, not only is their midfield physically gassed by 3/4 time but the mental Demons (PTP) play a big part in them blowing leads because they make terrible decisions.

Gawn was running up & down on the spot with 10 minutes left in the game and I thought they HAD to get him off for 3-4 minutes to reset for the last 5-6 minutes, but no they left him on and was seriously laboring. It revealed a coach that doesn't have many tactical options in his kit bag.

Gawn was running up & down on the spot with 10 minutes left in the game and I thought they HAD to get him off for 3-4 minutes to reset for the last 5-6 minutes, but no they left him on and was seriously laboring. It revealed a coach that doesn't have many tactical options in his kit bag.
I think ol’ Maxy boi would sook it up if he was benched, after all, gotta get the AA ruck spot over team success..

I think ol’ Maxy boi would sook it up if he was benched, after all, gotta get the AA ruck spot over team success..

He's a good player mate, and a good club man. Melbourne are better than what they produced last night, but their spending spree on wingman didn't result in much and they had KPF issues last night.

There’ll never be another Carey that kicks pressure goals when the game is there to be won.
cripps shat the bed

Walters is the closest at the moment.

Always rises when the games there to be won.

He's a good player mate, and a good club man. Melbourne are better than what they produced last night, but their spending spree on wingman didn't result in much and they had KPF issues last night.
Tomlinson and Langdon will never stand up as finals wingmen (if they ever get there). Both are fumbly, Langdon is a terrible kick and Tomlinson is slow and inconsistent under pressure.

I reckon the blues are certainties.

Further to this, I was still confident at half time.

I was distracted by the Quaddie and missed the $26’s on offer during the 2nd Q, only to have a nibble at the $13 during the half time break for shits and giggles.

Was on tilt for a few hours until I saw Andrew Marcus’ ride in the first at Fairview. The wonderfully named “Light The Loose” (loose is a spliff for those not following) which sounds even better in a thick South African accent.

And light the loose we did, all night my lightees.

Not looking forward to next weekend got to barrack for the bloody Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodwin is a muppet, thinks he can win the game from the coaches box with smoke and mirrors. They have drafted and recruited well I think, but Goodwin will drag them down.

Goodwin is a muppet, thinks he can win the game from the coaches box with smoke and mirrors. They have drafted and recruited well I think, but Goodwin will drag them down.
Since the mid-00s they have got a lion's share of picks in terms of non-expansion teams. One flash in the pan season since.

they are truly dogshit. basic skill errors everywhere. pick 1 baby here it comes
Have watched all of this game. They are just devoid of any real structure, they don't have any key forwards, they rely on Oliver, Gawn and Petracca to do everything

Too many midsized forwards that don't do anything - Melksham, Fritsch, Hunt, Harmes, Hannan, Vandenberg. All the same footballer, all with zero output

Remove this Banner Ad

Back