List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png 1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Their 2019 first rounder ended up pushed back last year.
Just like the pick we have from them will get pushed back this year.
Campbell from the Swans likely to be top 10 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Really the only way we are going to know if we one the trade is if we know exactly who we where going to draft last year wait 10 years or so and compare him with who we pick this year.
Yeh but Swans will be forced to use pick 3 on Campbell. Correct? Who else besides the dogs academy Ugle-Hagan will come before our 2nd first rounder (pick 9)?

But they traded 8 for 10 and 28 like we traded 26 to 35 (Perez) to get 25 this year.

If we include Perez and 25 we have to included Rivers to.

No, we gained Perez and Ess 2nd 2020 round pick due to the trade. They already had a 2nd pick before the trade, so they didn't gain anything.

I don't think that matters, they are just picks that are used for players available to one club before all others, oh I hope we bid our first on Campbell, and than take a bloke we would have had with pick 2 anyway.
Na bugger that just pick Phillips and get it over and done with. Thats what i reckon anyway.

Ok, here's a summary of last year's Trades based on POINTS value only, and excluding picks 50 onwards because we were never using it anyway so whatever.

Dees trade.
Win - North Surplus equiv. to pick 36
Downgraded 3-4 spots to create pick 26.
SmartSelect_20200920-212143_Chrome.jpg

Ess trade. North surplus equiv to pick 31. WIN.
Downgraded 30 to 35 to create pick 26

SmartSelect_20200920-212736_Chrome.jpg

Hawks trade
LOSS - north deficit equiv. Pick 52
Points value small, but a 9 pick dow grade not great

SmartSelect_20200920-212702_Chrome.jpg

I said earlier they created 26 (2019) and 26 (2020) out of nothing, not true. All three of Norths original picks were "downgraded" to create that value.

Yeh but Swans will be forced to use pick 3 on Campbell. Correct? Who else besides the dogs academy Ugle-Hagan will come before our 2nd first rounder (pick 9)?
Playing with fire there. Swans could decide not to match and you would be struck with him. Not a good ploy if the recruiters genuinely beleive other candidates are better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing with fire there. Swans could decide not to match and you would be struck with him. Not a good ploy if the recruiters genuinely beleive other candidates are better.
Wasnt he rated top 4?

Last edited:
Thats a joke Geelongs (GC’s) priority pick slides.

It should be locked at #11.

if we are going on looks, can we find someone that looks like Wayne? and I don't care if he comes from Wagga either ;)
We had Corey Jones there, that's about as close as it's getting. I guess Stuart Anderson was a mini version, or so someone said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back